SiouxSports.com Forum
petey23

Bracketology

28 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Of course they would, they beat NDSU in the dome which EWU couldn't.

We beat EWU with DeLuca....If he was playing against SDSU that game probably has a different outcome. 

That said I don't mind playing SDSU, the team no doubt wants another crack at them. Any seeded team is going to be tough, I'll take some added motivation. 

39 minutes ago, mj23 said:

Have you seen SDSU play to end the year?  They are going to be one hell of a tough out for anyone.  I think they'd be one of the best on the other side of the bracket.  Of course UND fans would disagree though.  Anytime NDSU is in discussion you are going to play this game.

It's the playoffs, there are a lot of tough outs in the field. 

I watched SDSU play Cal Poly this year   Is was a few weeks before our game against them   

1 hour ago, FargoBison said:

We beat EWU with DeLuca....If he was playing against SDSU that game probably has a different outcome. 

That said I don't mind playing SDSU, the team no doubt wants another crack at them. Any seeded team is going to be tough, I'll take some added motivation. 

It's hard to beat a really good team twice.  NDSU will be ready for SDSU should they meet in the playoffs and I'm expecting that NDSU will win. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

It's hard to beat a really good team twice.  NDSU will be ready for SDSU should they meet in the playoffs and I'm expecting that NDSU will win. 

If NDSU gets by Cal Poly that is!!:)

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, mj23 said:

:lol:

Could happen but let's look deeper into this:

UND beat Poly. Poly beat the Jacks. Jacks beat NDSU. So with some logic spewed by the Ag school bumpkins...............all 4 teams suck!!!

Makes sense to me. Carry on.

• Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, petey23 said:

If the polls matter, the bottom half of the bracket is actually deeper than the top(I won't say tougher because the seeds on the top are narrowly a little better).

Here is the bracket with who each seed should play and where the teams are actually ranked based on a accumulation of the 3 polls everyone looks at in parenthesis, of teams in the field.

1. NDSU(2)

16. Cal Poly(17) vs 17. San Diego(23)

8. SDSU(7)

9. Villanova(10) vs 24. St. Francis(24)

5. SHSU(3)

12. Chattanooga(11) vs 21. Weber St.(20)

4. JMU(5)

13. UNH(17) vs 20. Lehigh(15)

3. Jax St.(1)

14. YSU(9) vs 19. Samford(21)

6. The Citadel(6)

11. Wofford(16) vs 22. Charleston Southern(12)

7. UND(7)

10. Richmond(14) vs 23.NC A&T(19)

2. EWU(4)

15. C. Arkansas(12) vs 18. Illinois St.(22)

The seeds are a little tougher on top half of draw in comparison..both should equal 18, top is 17 and bottom is 18...Like golf, lower number is better.

Both halves should equal 150. The top half is 154 and bottom half is 143.

Jacksonville St. quarter of draw is toughest at 65, followed by James Madison quarter at 71, EWU's quarter at 78, and NDSU's quarter at 83...all things equal, they should all be at 75.

Who benefitted and who has the most legit complaint about their slot according to rankings?

Someone on the committee likes you....some more than others

San Diego +6

Wofford +5

UNH +4

Richmond +4

Illinois St. +4

EWU +2

Samford +2

NDSU +1

Cal Poly +1

St. Francis +1

Weber St. +1

JMU +1

Neutral

The Citadel

UND

Some of you can bitch a little, some can go ahead and whine.

SDSU -1

Villanova -1

Chattanooga -1

SHSU -2

Jax St. -2

C. Arkansas -3

NC A&T -4

Lehigh -5

YSU -5

Charleston Southern -10

Thanks for your effort, that's interesting!

27 minutes ago, dakotadan said:

A pretty good listen covering a few different playoff topics. It's ~18 mins long.

Support those who support the team. Give the click count to guys like these instead of the cheerleaders down south. 

That is a good listen.  I'm glad Klieman caught himself in the opening about how last year it wasn't the Valley teams that kept winning.  

Also Tom's comment about the flip flopping in Fargo was great.  

• Upvote 1

On 11/21/2016 at 2:06 PM, UNDColorado said:

This is exactly it and I will not buy into it. I have stuck with this team since the D1 transition and I will be damned if I will cheer for another team "because it is good for the state." To those who throw out that argument- prove it, because i would bet money that these people would not support UND.

I agree, when it is your rival you don't cheer for them to win.  I went to Dickinson St, and when Mary or Minot St was in the playoffs, I wanted them to lose because I didn't want them to get farther than my team did.

On the other hand, though, for people that didn't go to NDSU or UND or live close to Fargo or Grand Forks, like myself, it is a different story.  I cheered for UND when Todd Kovash was quarterback because he was from my high school.  Still cheered for NDSU in the playoffs. Cheered for UND in the championship games against Grand Valley St. Cheered for NDSU the last 5 years.  This year I'll cheer for both as far as they go.