SiouxSports.com Forum

Bracketology

petey23

3 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

If you can tell me that coming into this morning, you felt it was absolutely 100% clear cut to the committee that SDSU had a non comparable resume to UND then I'll be quiet.

Most on this board have been saying all season the Big Sky is a better conference than the MVFC this year.  Apparently the committee agreed.  

I will never say for certainty I know what a committee I am not on will do.  Especially when the Big Sky rep has proved to be a pussy in the past.  

Just now, SIOUXFAN97 said:

I just wanna get this straight....We are GUARANTEED a home game for the winner of richmond and ncat??? Correct?  and then for there on it is whomever submits the highest bids regardless of seeds for home games????

Highest seeded team will always be at home.  If two non seeded teams meet, it goes to a bid. 

Just now, SIOUXFAN97 said:

I just wanna get this straight....We are GUARANTEED a home game for the winner of richmond and ncat??? Correct?  and then for there on it is whomever submits the highest bids regardless of seeds for home games????

No. Seeds get home games; better seeds get home games head to head. That's why NDSU is guaranteed (with the #1) to be home. 

1 minute ago, Bison06 said:

So what are we disagreeing about then. I've said UND and SDSU had similar resumes. Ultimately, I think UND deserves the 7, but that SDSU win over NDSU in Fargo is definitely an x-factor when looking at their resume. It's likely it was cause for discussion for the committee when it came to seeding 7 and 8. That's all I've said.

It was undoubtedly more of a factor between SDSU being ranked 18th and being ranked 8th.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, southpaw said:

They don't beat NDSU, they aren't even close to being a seed.

With the other 10 games the same, that lone win gave them the 8 seed vs being much lower.

Can't separate something out of their resume like that and say it's the only variable. Without that win they are 7-4.

the only way to say what you are trying to say would have them winning a different game and then losing the NDSU game to still end up 8-3 but without the NDSU win.

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

ok call me stupid or a dreamer...since the game starts at 5pm and probably takes three hours to play that puts you at 8pm and lets say a drive home with traffic and whatnot and your home at 8:30 or so and you have already missed half the hockey game...how about immediately after the football the alerus pumps the hockey game onto our huge hd screens and invites people onto the field to watch the rest of the hockey game at the alerus either in your seats or on the field and keep the concessions open til the hockey game is over....just an idea.

Playmakers

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

ok call me stupid or a dreamer...since the game starts at 5pm and probably takes three hours to play that puts you at 8pm and lets say a drive home with traffic and whatnot and your home at 8:30 or so and you have already missed half the hockey game...how about immediately after the football the alerus pumps the hockey game onto our huge hd screens and invites people onto the field to watch the rest of the hockey game at the alerus either in your seats or on the field and keep the concessions open til the hockey game is over....just an idea.

Better yet a bar with projectors in the ballroom. They already have all the equipment sitting there.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

It was Albany (7-4) and Fordham (8-3) as first two out. 

Cal Poly, Illinois State, Samford, Weber State were last four in. 

No idea how UNH wasn't left out of playoffs, much less not one of the last 4 in. They were one of the teams UND should have been ahead of last year too.

43 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

NDSU's run will end this year, no team with Easton Stick will win a title.  Jacks will pick them off in Fargo.

Lot of people have made those bold statements in the past, only having to eat crow.  There run was supposed to end years ago when they lost to Illinois State in the regular season.  Hoping that happens this year, but until it does I don't know how anyone can be so bold.  

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Better yet a bar with projectors in the ballroom. They already have all the equipment sitting there.

ill take those huge hd screens over the projector any day!!! plus you get to mingle with the fb players and wish them luck on the real BSC title game the following week!!