SiouxSports.com Forum

World Series

darell1976

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 7:58 AM, siouxweet said:

As a Cubs fan I would rather sit through the 100 loss season of a few years ago than this crap.  Get shutout for the fourth time in the last four games, pathetic.  In the words of Denny Green they are who they thought they we're, an overrated team.  Could Bryant stike out any more in key situations in these playoffs? MVP I don't think so.  Could this team chase any more balls in the dirt?  Hard to imagine, but we'll probably see more of it tonight.   These are the Washington Capitals of baseball, great regular season and choke in the playoffs.

Congrats Indians on what looks like you will be ending your long championship drought.

Lol It's good to see that UND fans aren't the only ones who quit on a season before it's over...

Did the Americans quit in WWII when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!! No!

• Upvote 4

The single greatest sports moment in my life!!  I was literally numb for like 20 minutes after they won.  Just could not believe it!!!  I don't thin the next one will take 018 years.  This team is so young and talented, that this may be the beginning of something really special.  What a game, what a series, what a team!!  GO CU?BS GO!!! #FlyTheW

cubs.jpg

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Under the circumstances with the Cub's drought and going to extra innings of game 7........easily the best WS I have ever witnessed.

I have to disagree, only because several games were blowouts.  I'll still take the Twins in 1991 with Jack Morris pitching into the extra innings to follow up Puckett's HR in game 6.  But I may be biased ;)

Side note:  Sooo... freaking.... tired....

• Upvote 2

I want to congratulate the Cubs on a great series and not giving up when it was 3-1. I have no hard feeling for them winning, and I'm glad the series didn't end on a controversial play. It's been 19 years since the Indians were in the Series and I cannot wait to defend the AL title by getting back there again. Maybe a repeat series would be fun to see. So again, congrats Cubs!! 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, darell1976 said:

I want to congratulate the Cubs on a great series and not giving up when it was 3-1. I have no hard feeling for them winning, and I'm glad the series didn't end on a controversial play. It's been 19 years since the Indians were in the Series and I cannot wait to defend the AL title by getting back there again. Maybe a repeat series would be fun to see. So again, congrats Cubs!! 

A rematch next year is very, very possible.

• Upvote 1

On 10/29/2016 at 7:58 AM, siouxweet said:

As a Cubs fan I would rather sit through the 100 loss season of a few years ago than this crap.  Get shutout for the fourth time in the last four games, pathetic.  In the words of Denny Green they are who they thought they we're, an overrated team.  Could Bryant stike out any more in key situations in these playoffs? MVP I don't think so.  Could this team chase any more balls in the dirt?  Hard to imagine, but we'll probably see more of it tonight.   These are the Washington Capitals of baseball, great regular season and choke in the playoffs.

Congrats Indians on what looks like you will be ending your long championship drought.

I hate the Cubs, but this post is just pure comedy gold now.  

On 10/29/2016 at 7:58 AM, siouxweet said:

47f695aa0655aa3f3abbe80107ace5b115cd6103

• Upvote 1

On 11/3/2016 at 8:49 AM, Oxbow6 said:

Read somewhere someone suggested that Bartman throw out the first pitch at Wrigley on opening day next season..........I like that idea.

Now maybe that guy can come out of Witness Protection and live normally again. His whole life was turned upside down because he did what almost any other fan would have done in the same situation. Bill Buckner was taken off the hook in 2004, now it's time to take Mr. Bartman off the Cub Fans Most Wanted List.

• Upvote 3