SiouxSports.com Forum

Carson Wentz taking Philly err Indy err DC by storm

SiouxVolley

4 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

I wonder what Wentz thinks of the fanbase in Philly. There are some very scary, criminal, psychotic, stories coming out of the game vs the Vikings.

I was just wondering the same thing.  he probably  wont say a thing until the offseason, as to not disrupt the team.  but I have to believe that he has a pretty strong feelings on this.  everything that I have read and heard on him is that he would be very displeased with the actions of the fans.  makes you wonder if he would consider playing for another team because of the fans.  just a thought

48 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

I wonder what Wentz thinks of the fanbase in Philly. There are some very scary, criminal, psychotic, stories coming out of the game vs the Vikings. 

39 minutes ago, 1972 said:

I was just wondering the same thing.  he probably  wont say a thing until the offseason, as to not disrupt the team.  but I have to believe that he has a pretty strong feelings on this.  everything that I have read and heard on him is that he would be very displeased with the actions of the fans.  makes you wonder if he would consider playing for another team because of the fans.  just a thought

Some good Philadelphia apples trying to right a wrong...

http://www.12up.com/posts/5956751-eagles-fans-apologize-to-vikings-for-bad-behavior-with-charity-donations

To be fair to Philly fans, the video of them disgracing themselves as a bunch of Vikings fans walk by them is nothing I didn't see outside the X after the Gophers beat the Sioux in a couple of Final Fives...

• Upvote 1

This whole premise of Carson Wentz addressing this subject is idiotic.

Philly fans are and have always been jackbags. It is a badge of honor for them.

The Vikings got their butts kicked.

Get over it.

Where are the stories of the Falcons fans receiving this abusive treatment?

Plenty of d-bags in every NFL stadium. I have seen it in Minneapolis and Denver firsthand. Went to a Monday night game against the Bears at the old Metrodome(nothing like adding an extra 7 hours of drinking for people who already can't handle their booze). Saw people staggering drunk, passed out in their seats, falling down stairs, puking on themselves, in bathroom sinks, on bathroom floors, on the stadium stairs, on the concourse floor and about a dozen fights as Viking fans wanted to fight anyone who they perceived to be a Bears fan....Went to a Bronco/Viking game at old Mile High on a day where it was snowing heavily and the perfect temp to make snow and ice balls. Saw several people wearing Viking gear have to receive medical attention and or go to hospital. In hindsight, if you were wearing purple that day it wasn't a good idea to return from the concession stand with your hands full as it leaves your face and head wide open for a 65-70 mph ice ball to the face as you make your way up the stairs.

I see some Viking fans are planning revenge on the Eagle fans coming to town. Most of the infamous Eagle fans you have seen all week on You Tube are not going to be making the trip to Minneapolis as most couldn't afford a bus ticket to Cleveland, let alone a super bowl ticket and plane fare. In addition most of them probably have to check in with their probation officers and/or aren't allowed to leave Philly.:(

• Upvote 2

Philly fans booed Santa and cheered when Michael Irvin suffered a career-ending neck injury at their stadium. Every week there are videos of the things Philly fans do to opposing fans, especially cowboys fans.

I do agree with Kolpack that people should have used their heads and not flown team colors outside of the stadium.

43 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Caillou: Write's countless articles doing whatever he can to elevate Carson Wentz to deity status
Also Caillou: Why do you people have this idea Carson Wentz is a God?

Came rushing to CW's defense in less than a day.  Sad.  

Dom has crossed over to being a flat-out fan, we know that.  But for Calliou to take the time to write a rebuttal to a stupid letter to the editor....really?

• Upvote 1

"Super Bowl 2018: Eagles' Carson Wentz to be recognized for charity work"

FTA: Although he won't be playing in the big game, Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz will not be leaving Super Bowl LII weekend empty handed.

Wentz, who suffered a season-ending ACL injury back in December, is set to be recognized for his charity work by The Giving Back Fund during a fundraising event held in Minnesota during Super Bowl weekend.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2..._recogniz.html

30 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

Came rushing to CW's defense in less than a day.  Sad.  

Dom has crossed over to being a flat-out fan, we know that.  But for Calliou to take the time to write a rebuttal to a stupid letter to the editor....really?

Disagree.

Someone has to stop the insanity.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Philly fans booed Santa and cheered when Michael Irvin suffered a career-ending neck injury at their stadium. Every week there are videos of the things Philly fans do to opposing fans, especially cowboys fans.

I do agree with Kolpack that people should have used their heads and not flown team colors outside of the stadium.

At least he didn't die

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/courts/2017/08/25/man-gets-20-years-prison-killing-man-outside-att-stadium-dallas-cowboys-game

"You just have to be smart as fans. That's who they are. Sometimes they get carried away and that's the part you want to avoid," Wentz said. "But that's the city, that's the culture, that's the passion they have for the Eagles."

Isn't this called victim blaming? :lol:

6 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Isn't this called victim blaming? :lol:

I far as I could tell up until this point he had kept quiet on the whole thing.  Now that he is blaming the victims, he is part of the problem. I can now say the guy that wrote the editorial about losing respect for Wentz is correct.