SiouxSports.com Forum

Carson Wentz taking Philly err Indy err DC by storm

SiouxVolley

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

So in the course of about 12 hours MIN went from #1 seed in NFC, to #2 seed in NFC, to now still being the #2 seed in the NFC but seemingly well positioned to get the #1 back

Nick Foles != Carson Wentz

Vikes would need to win out and Philly loose 2 of 3.  Very unlikly.  With Min losing to Carolina and Philly beating Carolina, they now own the tie breaker.

Hopfully Philly loses in the 2nd round and Min takes care of business.  They MIn would host the NFC playoff game.

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Foles can not replace Wentz.
The Eagles run game will suffer because now teams can key on run. 

You are the one who posted Foles=Wentz. Of course he can’t replace Wentz but the Eagles will still be a dangerous team. Still a pretty complete team even without Carson. 

51 minutes ago, Big Green said:

Vikes would need to win out and Philly loose 2 of 3.  Very unlikly.  With Min losing to Carolina and Philly beating Carolina, they now own the tie breaker.

I did not realize the MIN loss to CAR flipped that PHI's way. 

That admitted, I still don't like PHI's chances in the post-season with Foles with ATL, CAR, and LAR starting to figure it out. 

4 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

You are the one who posted Foles=Wentz. 

No. No I did not. 

Please re-read what I originally wrote, reproduced here for you. (And that post has never been edited.) 

Foles != Wentz

In the C# programming language (one of many I write) the symbol != means not equal. You missed the ! 

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

No. No I did not. 

Please re-read what I originally wrote, reproduced here for you. (And that post has never been edited.) 

Foles != Wentz

In the C# programming language (one of many I write) the symbol != means not equal. You missed the ! 

That went over my head. My apologies. 

• Upvote 1

Philly is still the front runner to me.  Remmers and Elflein banged up on the Vikings OL going into yesterday, and now Rieff in a walking boot today.  Kennum was running for his life yesterday a la Bradford 2016, big plays are down the last two weeks.  Gotta get the hogs up front healthy enough to go.   

8 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

That went over my head. My apologies. 

No worries. It's subtle. :)

Foles is part of the generation of QBs that are "NFL QBs" in name only.

I'd hoped Goff and Wentz broke that trend that but I don't see much coming along after those two either. 

• Upvote 1

Carson didn’t tear his ACL from the hit. It actually happened when he planted his left foot in the turf to dive into endzone. He still plays 4 more downs and tosses a TD to Jeffries before leaving the game. Glad he didn’t get hit in knee again in those 4 plays or who knows it could of been career ending

• Upvote 1

Conversation

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter

Dr. James Andrews told @mortreport that torn ACLs can and should be 9-12 month recoveries, which means there are no assurances Carson Wentz is ready for start of 2018 season.

I would bet my house that he will be ready to go by game 1 next season. He will rehab like he plays the game. All balls out 

3 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Conversation

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter

Dr. James Andrews told @mortreport that torn ACLs can and should be 9-12 month recoveries, which means there are no assurances Carson Wentz is ready for start of 2018 season.

I would bet my house that he will be ready to go by game 1 next season. He will rehab like he plays the game. All balls out 

Feel bad for him. Hopefully he can get back and pick up where he left off. (except vs the Vikings)

Tough break for Wentz. I really enjoyed his dominance in the NFC east. He is what the NFL really needs right now and is more of a role model than half the league put together. I wish him a quick recovery and hope to see him kicking the cowboys in the future!

the Vikings trip to the Super Bowl just got easier.