SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Attendance

nodak651

2 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Great turnout by the Grand Forks community! Can't say enough about the support they gave the team tonight. We'll need more of that next season and beyond.

Attendance will keep growing as long as we are in the playoffs every year. Excitement will keep building especially when we get a playoff win. What we can't do is go down a Muss hole again.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Great walk on crowd (Build the team, Build the fan base) UND FB is back!

Attendance is over 10,000 if no one is in the 4 corners but rest of seats are filled, in another words, seats filled between the goal lines. There were quite a few people in the 4 corners, not many open single seats between the goal lines. Also, fans on catwalks.

Do we still practice this accounting misfire by the AD during the playoffs? I posted with Richmond fans during the week and some figured under re-porting in their NC A&T playoff game and jokingly mentioned don't tell NCAA; About 3,200 Richmond fans reported and most posters that were at that game figured 4,500 sat down. Eludes to potentially something going on?

Definitely many conversations in GF in past playoff games about attendance. This games attendance differential isn't as far off as my recollection of past speculation.  Is there a possibility of certain attendees getting in free: band, extra players, certain students, etc.? Therefor these would not be in paid attendance numbers? Used to think UND had to buy the tickets for the band?

10 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Attendance will keep growing as long as we are in the playoffs every year. Excitement will keep building especially when we get a playoff win. What we can't do is go down a Muss hole again.

I do not see that happening under Bubba. He is the perfect coach for our program at this point in time.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I do not see that happening under Bubba. He is the perfect coach for our program at this point in time.

He is. We should be very lucky to have a great coach like him. From 3-8 in 2013 to 9-3 in 2016, thats a hell of a turnaround.

• Upvote 2

Monday morning, life goes on, work helps getting over this, Need to look forward! Some say it's just a game.

Bull Sh$t, just a game, this is Sioux Country, I'm looking forward to another season, 

Thank You and hats off to our FB program and the all the fans through out the season.

10,000 fans for this show is very close to season average, respectable turn out.

Great accomplishments this year and a stepping stone to greatness from last year to next year.

Thank you SiouxSports for all the excitement and you posting fans for all the interaction. Thank You.

• Upvote 1

The final number for the official season average for attendance comes in at 9,944.  A couple things to add:

• This is the 3rd highest season average attendance on record, at least going back to 1999.  I doubt though that there were any seasons at Memorial Stadium that averaged higher than the 3 best seasons at the Alerus.
  • The increase this year represents a 20% increase over last season, and a 33% increase over Bubba's first season in 2014.
  • This year's home opener (which was also the Potato Bowl) was the best attended game since the 2009 home opener (which was also Homecoming) and the last time a game sold out  
  • There were 3 games with over 10,000 fans on hand.  That is the most since 2008 when the all time attendance record was set, there were also 3 that year with over 10,000
  • The lowest attended game this season was still higher than the lowest attended game of any of the previous 17 seasons
  • The lowest attended game this season was higher than the entire season average of 7 of the previous 17 seasons

I just updated the Attendance Wiki to reflect this season's numbers.  Just for reference, I also added the lowest attended game and opponent for each season that I could find data for.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Monday morning, life goes on, work helps getting over this, Need to look forward! Some say it's just a game.

Bull Sh$t, just a game, this is Sioux Country, I'm looking forward to another season,

Agree with this 1000%! If this is "just a game", this forum wouldn't even exist. I will never apologize for being an enthusiastic supporter of our programs and never apologize for being disappointed in a loss, especially like the one on Saturday night.

2017 cannot come soon enough!

• Upvote 4

Attendance issues are not unique to just UND.  Everywhere outside of the state of North Dakota and Cheney Washington struggled to fill even half their stadium!!

UND fans should be proud of the support that the team recieved this year in regards to people attending games.  Especially considering where it was just a few years ago.  I anticipate attendance increasing even more next year.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...