SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Attendance

nodak651

1 hour ago, lawkota said:

Men's hockey season can't start until the Saturday of the weekend 25 weeks prior to 1st round of NCAA tournament, so October 1 this year.  Not sure why the game isn't Sunday though, typically the Manitoba exhibition is on a Sunday.

Personally, I enjoy football/hockey doubleheaders.

Maybe so out of townies, like me, can see the banner raising. I plan on hitting up both. Football at 1 and I'd assume hockey at 7?

• Upvote 4

On Saturday, September 17, 2016 at 11:09 PM, darell1976 said:

Nice and loud to start the game, but once they announced the winner of the tuition money students left like it was all you can drink in the parking lot. There were rows of empty seats by us that was once filled by students. Pretty sad. They missed a good comeback!

The student section is a embarrassment.  I sit next to them and it doesn't matter what the score is they will leave at half time or when the tuition money is given out.  Many people around me were booing them as they left.  It's a sad deal.  I've sat next to them since the Alerus has opened and it seems to get worse every year.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

USD - 11,477

Cal Poly - 10,097

Any guesses for homecoming?  Big game against SUU... would be cool if we could beat the USD game of 11,477. 

Making my first game of the year this Saturday, and maybe bringing the wife. 

• Upvote 4

Without individually counting every seat, there appears to be over 3,000 seats available right now, according to the venue map on Ticketmaster.  So that would put attendance at 8-9k.  Since there is no Friday night hockey game, the people in town for hockey may not come until the hockey game starts, although, the fact that it is homecoming may help.  I hope we can crack 5 figures.

14 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

With beet harvest, 9,500 may be all we get.

Get tired of that excuse.......you don't think there's plenty of NDSU season ticket holders that are in agriculture that are also in the midst of some type of harvest ? Doubt there will be much less than the 18,700 capacity in the Dome on Saturday. Let's give that excuse a rest or are beet farmers exclusively UND FB fans?

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Get tired of that excuse.......you don't think there's plenty of NDSU season ticket holders that are in agriculture that are also in the midst of some type of harvest ? Doubt there will be much less than the 18,700 capacity in the Dome on Saturday. Let's give that excuse a rest or are beet farmers exclusively UND FB fans?

I get your point but when talking about attendance, completely different. Season ticket holder numbers are counted whether the people show up or not. At this point, UND is counting on single game tickets to drive attendance, which need to be sold to be counted. That being said, they pass 10,000 with no problem. Homecoming and the team is on a roll. Weather should be a little chilly right away but decent within a few hours of kickoff.

Beet harvest is completely different from every other crop.  I personally know of 10+ who won't be going to the game because of beets.  Ndsu football has more fans than UND football right now, I don't think anyone will argue with you on that.

11 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I get your point but when talking about attendance, completely different. Season ticket holder numbers are counted whether the people show up or not. At this point, UND is counting on single game tickets to drive attendance, which need to be sold to be counted. That being said, they pass 10,000 with no problem. Homecoming and the team is on a roll. Weather should be a little chilly right away but decent within a few hours of kickoff.

I get all that but the bottom line is NDSU/Dome won't have 100 empty seats Saturday regardless of your point and/or beet harvest. IMO UND should easily have their biggest crowd of the year Saturday.

I get all that but the bottom line is NDSU/Dome won't have 100 empty seats Saturday regardless of your point and/or beet harvest. IMO UND should easily have their biggest crowd of the year Saturday.

Disagree on your first point, there have been way more empty seats than that at multiple games this year already if not every one (not sure about the homecoming one). Fully agree on your second point, hoping it comes to fruition.

44 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

What will attendance look like after the 3rd quarter? 

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

With beet harvest, 9,500 may be all we get.

I don't think so, based on how the attendance has been going.

The Cal Poly game had over 10,000 attendees despite beet harvest costing attendance quite a bit. I expect at least 10,000 again for the SUU game and possibly over 11,000. Remember, it's homecoming and UND has won 4 in a row. 

This is what Monday of the Cal Poly game looked like.  The two end sections in the upper left were blocked out on ticketmaster because they were sold to the parents for parents weekend.  Not sure why the upper right was blank - maybe parents also?

Tickets Cal Poly.JPG