SiouxSports.com Forum

Standing Rock Protests

squirtcoach

On 9/11/2016 at 7:27 PM, UNDMOORHEAD said:

They bring loaded oil trains through Minneapolis, St Paul and Chicago. And at Casselton it was the west bound grain train that derailed and hit the east bound oil train.

Minneapolis got them rerouted because they went through the heart of downtown Minneapolis.  O they go through the northern suburbs. 

53 minutes ago, UND1981 said:

The silver lining of dropping the FS Name,  we distance our UND from this crap.

I'm starting to feel that way too - but wish I didn't - they are so dumb to not let us give them good PR & Feelings & this is Standing Rock I'm talking about

They seem nice ... 

http://kfgo.com/news/articles/2016/sep/15/online-threats-made-to-law-enforcement-others-associated-with-pipeline/

Video's posted online by someone or some group calling itself "Anonymous Agents" have issued threats against President Obama, North Dakota's Governor, national guard soldiers, law enforcement officers, and both executives and construction workers involved in the pipeline.

On a scale of "one to stupid" making threats against the POTUS is full "nailed it". 

KFGO also said this morning that the locals don't feel safe. They wouldn't speak to KFGO News on the record, but a couple local farmers have stated that they are "armed" all the time now and they never used to be and they worry about the safety of their kids (especially going to and from school). 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

They seem nice ... 

http://kfgo.com/news/articles/2016/sep/15/online-threats-made-to-law-enforcement-others-associated-with-pipeline/

On a scale of "one to stupid" making threats against the POTUS is full "nailed it". 

KFGO also said this morning that the locals don't feel safe. They wouldn't speak to KFGO News on the record, but a couple local farmers have stated that they are "armed" all the time now and they never used to be and they worry about the safety of their kids (especially going to and from school). 

The people I know that live in the area feel this way.  They seemed fairly helpless with law enforcement stretched so thing... frequent strangers stopping and asking for supplies, fuel, etc... They live on farms, and they are nervous about letting their kids outside.

Threats to the President & our Governor is a way to get this resolved faster....I hope 

These are people even the good people on the Reservation wish would go away

Beyond Trouble makers more like domestic terrorists

They don't really care about pipelines or water - They just hate their life & want to complain & blame & take support from anyone

Let this go Obama & it will spread & get worse & more dangerous & cost a fortune that could be spent on so many other things

On 9/11/2016 at 8:53 AM, The Sicatoka said:

I said this in the Merchandise thread; I'll say it here:

I'm with you. It's nice to have a nickname not affiliated with the Standing Rock due to this mess out there, but at the same time it would've been nice to keep the Sioux name based on the vote from our friends at Spirit Lake. 

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
35 minutes ago, Siouxman said:

It is truly unfortunate, but this chronology of dealing with the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe describes exactly the process that I have experienced in dealing with a tribe.

http://www.prodapl.com/nodapl-pipeline-protest-north-dakota-hoax-decide/

Nice to see all these folks being able to get an extended period of time off from their daily jobs :huh: :silly: to participate in this illegal Clown Show............................................

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Siouxman said:

It is truly unfortunate, but this chronology of dealing with the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe describes exactly the process that I have experienced in dealing with a tribe.

http://www.prodapl.com/nodapl-pipeline-protest-north-dakota-hoax-decide/

thanks for posting.  It's unreal how uncooperative the tribe council has been.  And then they have the gall to protest.  Idiots.  

3 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Nice to see all these folks being able to get an extended period of time off from their daily jobs :huh: :silly: to participate in this illegal Clown Show............................................

There is no Sioux nickname to protest about so they had to move on. I think protesting is their daily job.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Can you imagine if we still had the Sioux name, how could they protest at Standing Rock and at UND? Lots of "oil" used between Grand Forks and Cannon Ball.

10 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

The whole gist of the protest comes down to two things:

Property rights of ownership should be abolished.

Oil products in any form should be abolished (but let then have their pickups for protesting).

It's truly remarkable that some people don't even understand those points.

........and this is over "clean water". 

Yet that isn't even the main drink of choice with most of those folks protesting...............................  :whistling:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, tnt said:

... and maybe someone should tell the celebrity activists that being a celebrity might hold significance to some people in certain areas of the country, but in the Midwest we are not awe stricken by their presence, and to the contrary think they are so far removed from reality that any stand they take actually hurts any cause they are trying to support. 

Thing is, they're not trying to convince the people of North Dakota to be against the pipeline.  This is a Washington DC fight and federal politicians are influenced by celebrities.  The anti-oil folks are hoping the ND law enforcement messes up and seriously hurts someone, as it will allow for a federal crackdown on ND and will give ammunition for a permanent freeze on construction of the DAPL.

5 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

For many of those who are down their protesting. This is their job and they are being paid.

15 minutes ago, petey23 said:

For many of those who are down their protesting. This is their job and they are being paid.

Wouldn't be surprised if Buffett was the money man behind this, with at least three cloaks.  He was the money behind the environmentalists in Nebraska that opposed Keystone.   Archambeault is probably being paid big bucks to lie and be a royal pain.  Buffet will lose billions if this DAPL gets going and he has Obama and Hillary in his pockets.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I hope the law enforcement  is not about to do a modern day Custer move 

Have more than enough help & get the job done 

I think that is the plan & like they keep saying as safely as possible

What kind of vehicles do they have to haul them away ? - So when the school buses arrive u know it's about to happen ? ? ?