SiouxSports.com Forum

Standing Rock Protests

squirtcoach

4 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

And so it begins.  Grab your Jiffy Pop and grab a seat around the fire!!

Fire breaks out at main Dakota Access Pipeline camp ahead of evacuation order

http://www.valleynewslive.com/content/news/414485893.html

So they are burning their garbage and waste? Yeah that will show they are true water protectors. I heard they want to set up another camp on the other side of the Cannon Ball River off of federal land. Hell if that camp is on the Reservation call it good. Let them set up camps all over the Rez, I am sure the tribe will appreciate that. 

8 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

And so it begins.  Grab your Jiffy Pop and grab a seat around the fire!!

Fire breaks out at main Dakota Access Pipeline camp ahead of evacuation order

http://www.valleynewslive.com/content/news/414485893.html

Our crews on scene say it is unclear how the fire started or whether or not it was started by protesters inside the camp.

The above is the paragraph from the link.  I'll give anyone one guess how whom it was started by.  Good lord, start calling this stuff as it is.  

14 minutes ago, homer said:

Our crews on scene say it is unclear how the fire started or whether or not it was started by protesters inside the camp.

The above is the paragraph from the link.  I'll give anyone one guess how whom it was started by.  Good lord, start calling this stuff as it is.  

#fakenews

This ongoing "story" has easily been one of the most misrepresented "stories" I've ever witnessed.  Shameful exactly. Law enforcement needs to do what they need to do today. Whatever they need to do.............just saying.

7 minutes ago, homer said:

It was started by Morton County of course. They also caused the weather to snow, and the river to flood. Morton County has more power than Jesus and Moses combined.

13 minutes ago, siouxforcefans said:

Careful what you say, or Imperial Cass will feel disrespected and have to get involved in this, too.

Uh ... you do know that Cass County Sheriff Paul Laney is the back-up site incident commander to the Morton County Sheriff as assigned by the Governor, right? 

• Upvote 1

Some of the praying protesters said burning structures — which appeared to include a yurt and a teepee — was part of the ceremony of leaving. As heavy rain turned to snow, some said they expected no trouble during the eviction, despite a heavy law enforcement presence.

http://bismarcktribune.com/news/state-and-regional/pipeline-protesters-pray-set-fires-ahead-of-camp-closing/article_50a9d762-79b1-5a23-beb3-548756aaa63f.html

That is messed up!!:crazy:

So, ice jam, flood, inundation, debris washed away, to the intake of the civil water supply for Standing Rock ... that they were there to "protect".

http://bismarcktribune.com/news/state-and-regional/ice-jams-raise-flooding-concern-while-agencies-move-to-close/article_31caa8df-c5a5-5608-a4b9-b1581a05110c.html 

20 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Uh ... you do know that Cass County Sheriff Paul Laney is the back-up site incident commander to the Morton County Sheriff as assigned by the Governor, right? 

I do - I live in Cass County and regularly see Paul at Fargo Force games (or did until this mess started, now much less).  I just couldn't resist the dig ;)

As someone who grew up in MN with Hennepin County seemingly trying to rule half the state, ND is no different with Cass County having a huge influence.  Those population centers...

Got a buddy who lives in that area around the protest site. He drove by that area a little week ago and said it looked like a 3rd world village. He said it was absolutely disgusting all the crap and garbage that was all over the place.  I really hope the state sues the Feds for the some of the cost in all of this mess.

#rezlike

#justlikehome

13 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Got a buddy who lives in that area around the protest site. He drove by that area a little week ago and said it looked like a 3rd world village. He said it was absolutely disgusting all the crap and garbage that was all over the place.  I really hope the state sues the Feds for the some of the cost in all of this mess.

#rezlike

#justlikehome

Was he at the camp or driving through Ft. Yates. It would be hard to tell the difference.

8 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

After what Standing Rock has showed ND in the last year, I don't miss the Sioux as much anymore.

I can't fathom how bad it would've been for UND if the moniker morass had still been in play. 

5 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I can't fathom how bad it would've been for UND if the moniker morass had still been in play. 

I'm also surprised our friends to the south didn't try and smear us into all that garbage left laying around the pipeline protests.  Hockey team will wear the Hawk somehow next season and it will pretty much be over.  I really believe a lot of UND fans took the Sioux out of their hearts this winter and it gave back to them.

15 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

The Fighting Water Protectors. 

I did laugh last night when Heidi begrudgingly stood and clapped when the POTUS mentioned the moving forward of the DAPL. Looked like she wasn't sure what to do.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I did laugh last night when Heidi begrudgingly stood and clapped when the POTUS mentioned the moving forward of the DAPL. Looked like she wasn't sure what to do.

She's in a tough spot with the party she's in. She was down several times to the forward base at Ft. Rice. I have to hand it to Bergum though, as soon as he was elected he was visiting the site and at least attempting to get the situation over with. Pretty weird to look up from the front and see the Governor elect walking by in jeans. Old Jack never stepped foot down there that I could tell.

31 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Now they're trying to use "prophecy" to stop the pipeline. 
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-02-28/tribe-puts-black-snake-prophecy-at-center-of-pipeline-battle 

Why didn't we know about this before? 

The UND Black Snakes has a certain ring to it. ;):D 

".......a "terrible black snake" will bring harm to its people......"

I can think of many things " terrible black snake" might be code for as far as bringing harm to the NA people but this pipeline isn't one of them.

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Do I sit on my hands?  Do I stand up and clap and risk Keith and Debbie seeing me?  HELP!  HELP!  What should I do?  

• Upvote 2