SiouxSports.com Forum

Standing Rock Protests

squirtcoach

7 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

It's a pretty romantic narrative being painted by celebrities. "The natives will lead us out of the fissile fuel age and into the green future...... By complaining"

Maybe Katy Perry, Bon Jovi, Jay Z and Beyoncé could throw their celebrity at this cause now.............but their celebrity didn't seem to help from what I have saw last night.

On 11/6/2016 at 9:36 PM, snova4 said:

I'm part of the Nazi gestapo that's been here for months, their (protestor) term not mine. I feel for everyone in this community, Mandan/Bismarck and Standing Rock. Was part of the line of officers nearly shot a week and a half ago, also got to watch the Molotov cocktails get lobbed in. I can't imagine how disruptive this has been to all the innocent citizens in the area. I know how disruptive it's been for my family, and the joke amongst us is that we just need to send our wives down here for a couple days and they'd clear the camp out. It's nice to come on here and see the support for law enforcement. We know it's out there, but we see/hear more horrible crap said to us, than we do the positive, so it's very much appreciated.

The "silent majority" stands with you, snova4!

2 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I have a buddy that's a sheriff deputy that's out there too.

Thank you doesn't began to express the gratitude I have for what you're doing out there or every other day.

Tell him thank you as well. I try and thank as many of the out of state guys i can. I realize your friend is probably in State, and could likely narrow down the county since there's about 5 main counties assisting. I've put about 350 hours in on the protest alone since September, plus working my normal post. Only major thing I missed during this was the charging of the horses at my colleagues. October 27th was intense, I've never been part of something like that, and we knew many of the protestors had weapons so we were kind of waiting for the shooting to happen. It's crazy how that five seconds or so went it slow motion. I can still picture that gun.

When this is over, I just hope the communities can heal. Standing Rock is really getting a black eye out of this, and it's not those citizens that are causing problems. In fact, it's a real small number of protestors really causing problems, maybe about 400 out of the several thousand that may be there at any given time. The majority of the protestors haven't been as destructive as they've been made to be, and we haven't been nearly as heavy handed as we've been made out to be by them.

• Upvote 3

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 4:26 PM, Fetch said:

I'm actually really upset. . . I've always wanted to see Bonnie Raitt and now I can't go . . . The concert's on Nov. 27th, though and there's supposed to be a "Siberian Cold Front" the week of Thanksgiving. . . I don't think there will be many protesters left to go to the concert!! 

• Upvote 1

With Trump's win, the DAPL will surely go through.  The stock of the majority owner, Energy Transfer Partners,  jumped 15% today after the Trump win. Trump, when he was at the Bakken Conference in Bismarck last May, said he would authorize the Keystone XL Pipeline, so that may coming back to life.  

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Maybe Katy Perry, Bon Jovi, Jay Z and Beyoncé could throw their celebrity at this cause now.............but their celebrity didn't seem to help from what I have saw last night.

Jay Z and Beyonce pocketed at $62 million check from a certain campaign to get out the black and hipster vote at a "free" concert in Cleveland.  That didn't seem to help that campaign, but Beyonce is loaded even more now.  

2 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Jay Z and Beyonce pocketed at $62 million check from a certain campaign to get out the black and hipster vote at a "free" concert in Cleveland.  That didn't seem to help that campaign, but Beyonce is loaded even more now.  

Who in the hell are Jayz and Benonce?

• Upvote 1

Comparing the Standing Rock protest and the Anti Trump protests these last couple evenings, the Standing Rock group can take a lesson from some on non-violent protest tactics and execution but they should also take note of how well the law enforcement are treating them and their violent ways compared to the ways law enforcement is working in some cities to quell the professional Anti Trump protesters.

39 protestors yesterday were arrested on a variety of "peaceful demonstration" charges..........but as far as to what is being reported at least no one arrested randomly beat the ______ out of "one of them white boy Trump guys" like they prefer to do in Chicago.

#waterislife

#lovetrumpshate

Wonder if this Standing rock deal will be on Trump's daily briefing in a couple months 

I suppose winter will really thin them out but the danger of a snowball fight against non lethal bullets & mace won't last long :silly:

49 minutes ago, Cratter said:

LeBron James is calling Phil Jackson a racist for using the term "posse."

IIRC, Phil is also a champion of equal rights for all, especially Native Americans, and wanting UND to drop the Sioux name.

Lebron James is a complete moron.

• Upvote 3

Protesters blocking a railroad line with a truck and was going to set it on fire before police moved in with arrests. But now things are getting crazy with not just blocking roads but blocking the tracks. That could cause a horrific train derailment and possible loss of life and or disaster depending on what the train was carrying. Winter can't come fast enough to get those nut jobs out of there. 

http://www.kfyrtv.com/content/news/25-DAPL-protesters-arrested-after-blocking-railroad-tracks-attempting-to-light-truck-on-fire-401337676.html