SiouxSports.com Forum

2016-2017 NFL Season

MafiaMan

22 minutes ago, cberkas said:

You're comparing a kicker to a quarterback. Tannehill had no pressure an threw the ball two yards backwards.

I know what I'm comparing. You said worst ever (and so have others). It wasn't the worst ever. Tannehill lost his grip. There have been plenty of other throws like that. Bit of you want to qualify it as the worst pass by a NFL quarterback not under a lot of pressure, at least it would be under consideration. Here's another really bad pass, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WpleexzYJk. And yet another, http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000261441/Brandon-Weeden-ugly-interception. Both of these are from this century, and neither one a Dolphin.

10 hours ago, sioux rube said:

He looked like a deer in a headlight Sunday. 

He's working with an even bigger dumpster fire than what is going on in Philly. The whole LA organization is a mess. At least Philly has a few respectable pieces in place. Both show examples of why rebuilding teams should hesitate to give up a ton of draft picks when they need to fill a lot of holes. At least Philly got a couple back for Bradford.

• 2 weeks later...
On December 13, 2016 at 8:30 AM, jdub27 said:

He's working with an even bigger dumpster fire than what is going on in Philly. The whole LA organization is a mess. At least Philly has a few respectable pieces in place. 

Given how badly Chip Kelly gutted that team last year, I'd say what Philly did this year was quite impressive.  That organization is light years ahead of the LA Rams at this point in time.

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

Given how badly Chip Kelly gutted that team last year, I'd say what Philly did this year was quite impressive.  That organization is light years ahead of the LA Rams at this point in time.

Chip Kelly can't coach in the NFL, so maybe the Rams should hire him. 

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

GO PACK GO

Erin Rodgers' constant complaining to offcials is growing old - he was screaming "FACEMASK!" to a ref on one particular play yesterday - apparently touching #12's left shoulder pad is now a should-be called penalty on the defense.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

Erin Rodgers' constant complaining to offcials is growing old - he was screaming "FACEMASK!" to a ref on one particular play yesterday - apparently touching #12's left shoulder pad is now a should-be called penalty on the defense.

Haters gonna hate...........and BTW how were you and Cratter able to hang that #NoDAPL banner at the Vikings game yesterday? That was impressive! Since you're posting here I assume you made bail.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Haters gonna hate...........and BTW how were you and Cratter able to hang that #NoDAPL banner at the Vikings game yesterday? That was impressive! Since you're posting here I assume you made bail.

Well, fightingsioux4life's uncle works security there, so we were able to sneak in our gear.  I did make bail - tell your mom I promise to show up for my court date, too, so the collateral she put up will be A-OK.   

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Well, fightingsioux4life's uncle works security there, so we were able to sneak in our gear.  I did make bail - tell your mom I promise to show up for my court date, too, so the collateral she put up will be A-OK.   

It's always good to know people..........

Found it really interesting to compare Carson's season to Sam Bradford's 2010 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year season, very similar:

16' Wentz: 16 GS, 7-9 W/L, 379 Comp, 62.4%, 3,782 Yds, 16 TD 14 Int 150 RuYds 2 TD

10' Bradford: 16 GS, 7-9 W/L, 354 Comp, 60.0%, 3,512 Yds, 18 TD 15 Int 63 Ruyds 1TD

Carson also beat Bradfords record of most completions by a rookie. 

16 hours ago, sioux rube said:

Found it really interesting to compare Carson's season to Sam Bradford's 2010 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year season, very similar:

16' Wentz: 16 GS, 7-9 W/L, 379 Comp, 62.4%, 3,782 Yds, 16 TD 14 Int 150 RuYds 2 TD

10' Bradford: 16 GS, 7-9 W/L, 354 Comp, 60.0%, 3,512 Yds, 18 TD 15 Int 63 Ruyds 1TD

Carson also beat Bradfords record of most completions by a rookie. 

If Carson wants to be a good quarterback in the NFL, this should be the last time one of his seasons is compared to Sam Bradford.

Michael Crabtree ... quarterback. 

Because while Crabtree is in the league for his pass-catching skills, he is also the Oakland Raiders' emergency quarterback. And with the Raiders dressing just two quarterbacks on game days, things got kinda tight for Crabtree in Denver on Sunday, with Derek Carr out with a broken right leg, Matt McGloin knocked out of the game with an injured left shoulder and rookie Connor Cook getting his first-ever professional snaps.

“Anybody goes down, I’m going to be the quarterback,” Crabtree said this week.

“Only two quarterbacks suiting [up], so if one goes down, that’s when the panic starts.”

That’s presumably why the wild-card Raiders signed Garrett Gilbert to the practice squad. And with Cook getting the start at the Houston Texans in Saturday’s playoff opener, Gilbert would be activated if McGloin’s shoulder precludes him from suiting up.

http://www.espn.com/blog/oakland-raiders/post/_/id/17365/whos-the-suddenly-qb-starved-raiders-emergency-qb-paging-michael-crabtree