SiouxSports.com Forum

?Final Five?

01grad

Hauser

Weber

Briggs

We thrive with mediocre goaltending. :silly:

I would say that Weber is better than Briggs and, just my HMO. I wouldn't call Weber a mediocre goaltender he had flashes of briliance and did ok, now Hauser was mediocre. J.J. is Mediocre, hence, that is why Briggs is playing. I say get to Briggs early get the Gophers to press and they could give up opportunites in the defensive zone.

I think the Wooger has a case of wishful thinking, but he has seen some VERY strange seedings and placements in his day.

I have a bad feeling the Gophers just earned Michigan in GR.

It's funny how the knees of Gopher fans always seem to start knocking at the mention of Michigan.

First, in ain't in Yost this year.

Second, why not beat the good teams on the way in? They're bound to pop up on the screen regardless. You oughta be thrilled with the No. 1 slot, if you get it.

Third, the Gophers have had some recent success with them.

Fourth, Michigan really isn't much of anything this year.

The Gophers should be thrilled that they MAY be going to Michigan to get through Michigan.

The Sioux will likely go to Colorado, and have to get through a tough and readied WCHA power, not a CCHA wannabe.

I think that the Gophers will have to beat UMD again to get to Boston. Here's saying the Dogs will be healthy, and hungry, by then and send the POI Boarders hawking Frozen Four ducats at bargain pricing.

I think Minnesota gets sent to Grand Rapids. The NC$$ would expect Minnesota to be a better ticket-selling draw than UND. And the Selection Committee guidelines hint (but don't promise) that they will place the #1 seeds in order, in which case UND as #1 or #2 overall gets slotted first.

Its not a given that Michigan stays in Michigan, either. Its possible that the brackets will fall out with 2 other CCHA teams in Grand Rapids (#3 and #4 seeds could be Michigan State, Miami, Notre Dame or Ohio State ... in which case MI could get sent to face BC or Maine in Albany.

So after thinking I was going to meet some of the great SS.com posters at the seires, I only get to meet (and beat in BD :D ) MNS! Where else was everyone?

WPoS

Sorry I missed you WPoS. Did see you at the play-in, and sniffed around your section during breaks a few other times. You wearing that cave man jersey, er, I mean "throw back" jersey each game?

I had kids in tow for all five of the games, and there is always a concern about overexposing them to well-healed and articulate Gopher fans, lest they someday might want to go there. You fall into that category, although you will do well to stop supporting the Germans and their automobile industry so much. Buy a Ford for crying out loud.

Great game last night. Great game. Too much fun, especially walking out of the arena with our heads held high.

See you around. Hopefully not in the Springs.

ps. Tell Sal that I miswrote my last post. It was not stated clearly enough. I did in fact sell those UM/UMD tickets to that Gopher fan, with the date, and for less than face. He was willing to offer more. I did not take his extra cash. And Herb is a legend, who was also legendary for throwing trash cans. And Gopher fans always act like they have the big units . . . .

Sorry I missed you WPoS. Did see you at the play-in, and sniffed around your section during breaks a few other times. You wearing that cave man jersey, er, I mean "throw back" jersey each game?

I had kids in tow for all five of the games, and there is always a concern about overexposing them to well-healed and articulate Gopher fans, lest they someday might want to go there. You fall into that category, although you will do well to stop supporting the Germans and their automobile industry so much. Buy a Ford for crying out loud.

Great game last night. Great game. Too much fun, especially walking out of the arena with our heads held high.

See you around. Hopefully not in the Springs.

ps. Tell Sal that I miswrote my last post. It was not stated clearly enough. I did in fact sell those UM/UMD tickets to that Gopher fan, with the date, and for less than face. He was willing to offer more. I did not take his extra cash. And Herb is a legend, who was also legendary for throwing trash cans. And Gopher fans always act like they have the big units . . . .

I figured you had the runts along, so missed out on gating. Did see ya that one game. I ended up missing yesterdays 3rd place game...someone had to watch the gating stuff...and drink beers of course! I have about 4 throwbacks at this point, so I may have thrown you off thte trail if you were looking for the one I wore on thursday.

And I'll NEVER buy a Ford, Pontiac yes, Ford, never!

I'll pass along the note to Sal. Or you could e-mial him too...

See ya in Beantown (hopefully)!

WPoS

I'd like to know that too...we took a lot of crap for you all :D;):angry:

Oh well, it was fun anyways...

No body from my group wanted to go except me. I was the slowest one to get up in the morning on Friday. Too much hair tonic. Yesh I am told old for this.