Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Siouxperfan7

What do you think of the logo now??

Fighting Hawks logo  

283 members have voted

  1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

    • A
      18
    • B
      66
    • C
      54
    • D
      38
    • F
      107


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, 77iceman said:

I'm not a fan of the Angry Bird in a headdress.  Zero imagination there.

(at least the bird didn't have teeth . . . bird logos with teeth give me nightmares)

 

1000px-Louisville_Cardinals.svg_.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that . . . that right there could have been UND's logo!!!

i'll take our Post Office hawk over the bird with teeth ANY day!!

(great, bird teeth is the last thing i see before i go to bed)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, 77iceman said:

that . . . that right there could have been UND's logo!!!

i'll take our Post Office hawk over the bird with teeth ANY day!!

(great, bird teeth is the last thing i see before i go to bed)

Agree, there could of been many bird logos way worse. I'm getting to like our Hawk more and more as time goes on.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Agree, there could of been many bird logos way worse. I'm getting to like our Hawk more and more as time goes on.

It’s nice to have a logo that is unique and not like any other school’s logo. The last Sioux logo was that way. It takes a while to get used to it but it will continue to grow, the logo is only a year old, and of course some people hate it, but there are others that are buying into the logo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I get you're on your 9th gallon of Kool-Aid in this debate but to compare the "unique"ness of the two logos is completely ridiculous. It's a bird.....that doesn't look like a bird. Thousands of school have bird logos.....that look like birds. Nothing.....absolutely nothing is unique about it. 

SMH

Same could be said with Indian logos. UND hasn't had a "unique" one until Bennett Brien made one like no other.

Blackhawk Logo- Chicago Blackhawks 

Geometric Indian Logo- Moose Jaw Warriors

Interlocking ND logo- Notre Dame

Just because you hate the logo and everything about it, doesn't mean I and others can't have a positive opinion on the name and logo. SMH

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Same could be said with Indian logos. UND hasn't had a "unique" one until Bennett Brien made one like no other.

Blackhawk Logo- Chicago Blackhawks 

Geometric Indian Logo- Moose Jaw Warriors

Interlocking ND logo- Notre Dame

Just because you hate the logo and everything about it, doesn't mean I and others can't have a positive opinion on the name and logo. SMH

Don't forget the Chilliwack Chiefs of the BCHL.

However, this hawk isn't nearly as unique as the Sioux logo.  Brien had a purpose behind every part of the logo including the colors that connected to his Native American heritage as well as virtues UND looks for in a student-athlete.  The Hawk was manufactured on a deadline by a company because a name was voted on by the community.  This isn't a #SiouxForever rant but recognizing how special/unique our Sioux logo was compared to the FH logo doesn't mean you can't move forward either.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Don't forget the Chilliwack Chiefs of the BCHL.

However, this hawk isn't nearly as unique as the Sioux logo.  Brien had a purpose behind every part of the logo including the colors that connected to his Native American heritage as well as virtues UND looks for in a student-athlete.  The Hawk was manufactured on a deadline by a company because a name was voted on by the community.  This isn't a #SiouxForever rant but recognizing how special/unique our Sioux logo was compared to the FH logo doesn't mean you can't move forward either.

The point was there is no other logo like ours, look at Illinois State and Louisville, it’s practically the same. The point of the Fighting Hawks logo is to have something that was unique, no logo like ours which has been missing since 2012 with the Sioux logo. The interlocking ND was identical to Notre Dame which people would get mixed up. When someone sees our logo they aren’t going to see the any Hawk logo from another school. 

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

The point was there is no other logo like ours, look at Illinois State and Louisville, it’s practically the same. The point of the Fighting Hawks logo is to have something that was unique, no logo like ours which has been missing since 2012 with the Sioux logo. The interlocking ND was identical to Notre Dame which people would get mixed up. When someone sees our logo they aren’t going to see the any Hawk logo from another school. 

I got ya, yeah it is definitely different than other hawk logos.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

The point was there is no other logo like ours, look at Illinois State and Louisville, it’s practically the same. The point of the Fighting Hawks logo is to have something that was unique, no logo like ours which has been missing since 2012 with the Sioux logo. The interlocking ND was identical to Notre Dame which people would get mixed up. When someone sees our logo they aren’t going to see the any Hawk logo from another school. 

Except the Post Office logo... Which it is similar too. Also the UND and the Notre Dame logos were not identical. But you'd have to look at the details... Which if you like details, I am guessing you don't like the current logo because it is about as bland as you can get.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, WiSioux said:

Except the Post Office logo... Which it is similar too. Also the UND and the Notre Dame logos were not identical. But you'd have to look at the details... Which if you like details, I am guessing you don't like the current logo because it is about as bland as you can get.

In fairness, those "details" were difficult to include in many applications, such as embroidery on hats and other places where size and/or color limitations make every interlocking ND look basically the same.  The marketplace matters, and making stuff for people to buy is very important.  Whether passionate sports fans can spot the differences is not the critical issue; casual fans and average consumers are where it counts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Don't forget the Chilliwack Chiefs of the BCHL.

However, this hawk isn't nearly as unique as the Sioux logo.  Brien had a purpose behind every part of the logo including the colors that connected to his Native American heritage as well as virtues UND looks for in a student-athlete.  The Hawk was manufactured on a deadline by a company because a name was voted on by the community.  This isn't a #SiouxForever rant but recognizing how special/unique our Sioux logo was compared to the FH logo doesn't mean you can't move forward either.

The problem with his logo is that it was never intended to be a logo. It was just a piece of art. Looked great on a hockey jersey but didn’t scale well at all. Also we won 0 national titles with it so there’s that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, WiSioux said:

Except the Post Office logo... Which it is similar too. Also the UND and the Notre Dame logos were not identical. But you'd have to look at the details... Which if you like details, I am guessing you don't like the current logo because it is about as bland as you can get.

One mans bland is another mans clean

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

The problem with his logo is that it was never intended to be a logo. It was just a piece of art. Looked great on a hockey jersey but didn’t scale well at all. Also we won 0 national titles with it so there’s that.

Winning 0 national titles doesn't make the former Sioux logo look bad any more than winning 2 titles with the bonnet-head logo make the 1997 and 2000 logo look good. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is not a logo, or more importantly name, befitting the state's flagship university.  I suggest the powers-that-be change the name to "Fighting Scouts" with a Lewis and Clark Corps of Discovery themed logo(s).  "Fighting" is particularly appropriate in this case since the expedition was comprised of members of the US Army.  "Corps of Discovery" should also be used as secondary marking (on signage, uniforms, publications, merchandise, etc.).  This would be much more relevant to the state, as they spent more time in what would become North Dakota than in what would become any other state, and much more marketable.  Fun fact - the ND state highway that runs along the east and west sides of the Missouri River are designated "1804" and "1806", respectively, to commemorate the years Lewis and Clark went up the Missouri and came back on their return.

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

The problem with his logo is that it was never intended to be a logo. It was just a piece of art. Looked great on a hockey jersey but didn’t scale well at all. Also we won 0 national titles with it so there’s that.

Yeah piece of art is a good description.  However, I promise you the logo on our jerseys had nothing to do with getting beat by BC in the Frozen Four over and over again. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DamStrait said:

It is not a logo, or more importantly name, befitting the state's flagship university.  I suggest the powers-that-be change the name to "Fighting Scouts" with a Lewis and Clark Corps of Discovery themed logo(s).  "Fighting" is particularly appropriate in this case since the expedition was comprised of members of the US Army.  "Corps of Discovery" should also be used as secondary marking (on signage, uniforms, publications, merchandise, etc.).  This would be much more relevant to the state, as they spent more time in what would become North Dakota than in what would become any other state, and much more marketable.  Fun fact - the ND state highway that runs along the east and west sides of the Missouri River are designated "1804" and "1806", respectively, to commemorate the years Lewis and Clark went up the Missouri and came back on their return.

Where were you a couple years ago? :lol: I actually like this concept a lot, too late though!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DamStrait said:

It is not a logo, or more importantly name, befitting the state's flagship university.  I suggest the powers-that-be change the name to "Fighting Scouts" with a Lewis and Clark Corps of Discovery themed logo(s).  "Fighting" is particularly appropriate in this case since the expedition was comprised of members of the US Army.  "Corps of Discovery" should also be used as secondary marking (on signage, uniforms, publications, merchandise, etc.).  This would be much more relevant to the state, as they spent more time in what would become North Dakota than in what would become any other state, and much more marketable.  Fun fact - the ND state highway that runs along the east and west sides of the Missouri River are designated "1804" and "1806", respectively, to commemorate the years Lewis and Clark went up the Missouri and came back on their return.

The Kansas City Scouts of the NHL ('74-'76) had one of the coolest jerseys of all time.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Yeah piece of art is a good description.  However, I promise you the logo on our jerseys had nothing to do with getting beat by BC in the Frozen Four over and over again. 

Joe Finley is still standing still when he thinks of BC!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Joe Finley is still standing still when he thinks of BC!

Is he trying to figure out why he's defending an odd man break by himself again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Pictured here:

Image result for road construction pylon

:lol:

........never gets old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Winning 0 national titles doesn't make the former Sioux logo look bad any more than winning 2 titles with the bonnet-head logo make the 1997 and 2000 logo look good. 

It looks good but it was cursed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...