Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Siouxperfan7

What do you think of the logo now??

Fighting Hawks logo  

294 members have voted

  1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

    • A
      19
    • B
      69
    • C
      55
    • D
      40
    • F
      111


Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Using a marker to black out your school's logo for twitter likes? It's pretty childish. 

You have a South Park image for your profile pic.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, UND-MH-Fan said:

You have a South Park image for your profile pic.

You can see. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just don't understand why they are so obsessed with the old nickname.  

Even some players that recently graduated put "Fighting Sioux Alumni" in their Twitter profile.  They never played under the name. 

That's poser sh*t, similar to how they posed as D1 hockey players the last two years.

  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

"Brad Berry liked"

Comically pathetic at this point. 

 Effing clowns.  Embarrassing.

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2019 at 11:15 AM, darell1976 said:

I can see it though as someway to keep part of the old name plus no one else has Fighting Hawks in DI. But I remember the hatred of the GF School Board people had when they announced the name was going to go. Larry Humble led the Redskins Forever effort. I bought Redskins gear from the school store before the change to hold onto the name before it was gone. I graduated as a Maroon and Grey as we were in the “cooling off period” (sound familiar). Knights was picked cause it was in the school song, no one cared if anyone else had the name locally (I heard Fisher has the same name). And to think that all started almost 30 years ago (1991), and yet Central is still winning titles as the Knights, and didn’t let a nickname/logo divide it’s students and be a talking point whether it’s social media, regular media, or word of mouth like UND and it’s nickname issue still is 7 years post Sioux. 

To be fair, back then, there wasn’t social media. And not everyone was a keyboard warrior like they are nowadays. Seemed like people just kinda went along with things more then, than they do now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, und1995 said:

Sorry, I thought the anger was over the use of Fighting Sioux. I guess i didn’t even look at the picture. 

I think saying Fighting Sioux is tolerable but the marking out the current logo is very childish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

The worst part of all this is "Brad Berry liked".

How many Fighting Sioux bombs is he going to pump into the broadcast. If he doesn’t refer to them as the Fighting Hawks but as FS I would suggest Midco fire him.

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Siouxperman8 said:

I thought the same thing.  Show some leadership.  As much as we would love to still be the Fighting Sioux - it ain't coming back.

It does show how much the sports world differs from corporate America. Corporations make painful decisions all the time that aren't necessarily popular with the employees but leaders are expected to find a way to support them.  You wouldn't last long in a leadership position in many corporations while openly subverting decisions the organization has made.  

How so true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

How many Fighting Sioux bombs is he going to pump into the broadcast. If he doesn’t refer to them as the Fighting Hawks but as FS I would suggest Midco fire him.

It hasn't been a problem and I don't foresee it becoming a problem.  Just a dumb tweet for likes from the mob.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

It hasn't been a problem and I don't foresee it becoming a problem.  Just a dumb tweet for likes from the mob.

I hope not, it would be a childish move. I see more and more Fighting Hawk hockey players (2015-present) putting Fighting Sioux alumni or Fighting Sioux with their number in their twitter profile.  What are they trying to accomplish besides wishful thinking. Unless they played in 2012 you aren’t a Fighting Sioux. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

I thought the same thing.  Show some leadership.  As much as we would love to still be the Fighting Sioux - it ain't coming back.

It does show how much the sports world differs from corporate America. Corporations make painful decisions all the time that aren't necessarily popular with the employees but leaders are expected to find a way to support them.  You wouldn't last long in a leadership position in many corporations while openly subverting decisions the organization has made.  

Berry likes to live in the past with the name, he puts Fighting Sioux hockey in the minds of his players. Must be interesting for kids from outside the area (like Europe) who think the school is the Fighting Hawks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Wow @Frozen4sioux 5 downvotes in just 11 hours, better slow down or you will get a downvote nickname like me.

I'm just hoping to one day live up to ungreatness that is Downvote Darrell.

Really theres not enough downvotes in the world to truly symbolize the triggered takes of the Hawkzi mob.

But get those ips loaded up and logged in cause I smell more tweets being typed as we speak...

.....and how will the world survive without the "gang" to let them know how wrong they are.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

I'm just hoping to one day live up to ungreatness that is Downvote Darrell.

Really theres not enough downvotes in the world to truly symbolize the triggered takes of the Hawkzi mob.

But get those ips loaded up and logged in cause I smell more tweets being typed as we speak...

.....and how will the world survive without the "gang" to let them know how wrong they are.

Speaking of triggered... it's comical how predictable the responses to any tweet about the new scoreboard are.

Everyone has to chime in that the Sioux head that very few people can see must stay, even if it causes problems with the internal monitors the team would use. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

I'm just hoping to one day live up to ungreatness that is Downvote Darrell.

Really theres not enough downvotes in the world to truly symbolize the triggered takes of the Hawkzi mob.

But get those ips loaded up and logged in cause I smell more tweets being typed as we speak...

.....and how will the world survive without the "gang" to let them know how wrong they are.

Ok, dork.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, southpaw said:

Speaking of triggered... it's comical how predictable the responses to any tweet about the new scoreboard are.

Everyone has to chime in that the Sioux head that very few people can see must stay, even if it causes problems with the internal monitors the team would use. 

Never have I said a word about the Sioux lamp. Quite honestly I dont know how or why it fits with the new scoreboard. I guess I dont even think it fits with the spirit of the legal agreement, but hey what do I know.

Seems like a different location would be better to preserve the history. Maybe on the side wall in the bars or incorporated in some other way into the ice level areas.... Maybe the ceiling of the hallway from REA to Olympic?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cratter said:

The Miami Redhawks have a trademarked and copyrighted name of The Brotherhood owned solely by the hockey team. They claim:

If the hockey team wants to have the same thing informally known as the Sioux, I'm not going to cry about inclusiveness.

I'm not going to cry if a former Fighting Sioux hockey player has a fun poke at the current nickname he probably doesn't like.

I'm not going to cry about a former Fighting Sioux hockey player and coach clicking a like button on a website.

I'm going to realize there will always be people that complain about people who "can't move on."

And there will be people who don't want to move on.

I accept both for who they are. 

Well you're better than other people, as you just pointed out.  

The issue is that the CURRENT hockey team & their media are openly working against their own athletic department, the same athletic department that has the unwanted, monumental task of incorporating a new nickname/logo after losing possibly the best logo ever. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, darell1976 said:

How many Fighting Sioux bombs is he going to pump into the broadcast. If he doesn’t refer to them as the Fighting Hawks but as FS I would suggest Midco fire him.

Relax.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2019 at 9:40 PM, ChrisUND1 said:

 Effing clowns.  Embarrassing.

You get embarrassed by a tweet and by someone else liking said tweet?

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Cratter said:

The Miami Redhawks have a trademarked and copyrighted name of The Brotherhood owned solely by the hockey team. They claim:

If the hockey team wants to have the same thing informally known as the Sioux, I'm not going to cry about inclusiveness.

I'm not going to cry if a former Fighting Sioux hockey player has a fun poke at the current nickname he probably doesn't like.

I'm not going to cry about a former Fighting Sioux hockey player and coach clicking a like button on a website.

I'm going to realize there will always be people that complain about people who "can't move on."

And there will be people who don't want to move on.

I can accept both for who they are. 

Thank you for being you, Cratter :) I agree 100%!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...