SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

On 9/21/2018 at 9:24 AM, sprig said:

No one here is complaining about writers use of hawks, fhawks, or UND in sports articles.  Yet someone here finds nickname conspiracy in a coach's thank you letter to season ticket holders.  Trying to continue the concept of a divide between rea, hockey, etc and other und sports. The divide is disappearing,  yet anti hockey/rea individuals choose to  try and make it continue

What coach and program has chosen to divide itself from the other athletic programs at UND? You tell me!!

One of these things is not like the other....

Coaches.JPG

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

4 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

I don't believe anyone has chosen to "divide" itself from anyone else.  The hockey coaches over the years have been supportive of the other coaches and programs. Their focus needs to be on hockey.  Same with our other coaches and their sports.

Who gives a rats behind about the logo?  The old one is fine, the new one is fine and the new mascot is fine.

If your support for your athletic team or your happiness is dependent on the logos and who wears what, then I feel sorry for you. Who cares what emblem a coach wears?  Having been around UND athletics for quite some time in different roles, I can tell you that never once was the logo or name an issue when teams and athletes competed. We really didn't discuss it.  I think of the logo now as I have all along:  It isn't an issue for me one way or another, never has been.  Wear what you wish and don't worry about what someone else wears including players and coaches.  Otherwise,  you waste a lot of emotional energy over nothing.

Except Coach Jones, Pryor and Brewster wanted the Fighting Hawk logo on the middle of the court to help their program and was turned down, so obviously people give a rats behind about it.

• Downvote 8

On 9/24/2018 at 9:50 AM, Siouxperfan7 said:

Exactly.  for those that were upset about the logo, we could have ended up with something like this.  Given the alternative, I am glad SME went with an original looking logo instead of the same bird head logo like this one.  

Maybe that's what this one is all about.  They are trying to make the other one look better with the logic that "we know our logo is bad, we just want you to see how bad it could have been"!

22 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

What coach and program has chosen to divide itself from the other athletic programs at UND? You tell me!!

One of these things is not like the other....

Coaches.JPG

I'm pretty sure I could list something that makes each of them the "unique". 

6 hours ago, tnt said:

Maybe that's what this one is all about.  They are trying to make the other one look better with the logic that "we know our logo is bad, we just want you to see how bad it could have been"!

Yes, set the bar low and accept what we ended up with.