SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

5 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Do I believe "retire"? No.

Do I believe Kennedy wants a secondary logo to go with what we have? Yes. 

That was part of the thing that got me about the initial unveiling of the Postal Hawk logo, I was expecting A primary and Secondary logo, When is saw the current logo I thought it was just a secondary logo. Now functionally speaking whether you think its a good or bad logo, it works for most sports, but for hockey, it only really works as a secondary logo worn on the shoulder patch. However, if you tried to put that logo on the front of Jersey I don't think it would look good at all.  I would like to see them try something like this, though no doubt the hordes of PC worthless studies majors that infest most campuses would throw a shitfit screaming about cultural appropriation because the design looks too native, cause god forbid anyone's sensibilities should be hurt.

image.thumb.png.54281c951fc34a90c641adac5f2c25b0.png

14 minutes ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

I would like to see them try something like this, though no doubt the hordes of PC worthless studies majors that infest most campuses would throw a shitfit screaming about cultural appropriation because the design looks too native, cause god forbid anyone's sensibilities should be hurt.

It also looks a little nazi-ish.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

That was part of the thing that got me about the initial unveiling of the Postal Hawk logo, I was expecting A primary and Secondary logo, When is saw the current logo I thought it was just a secondary logo. Now functionally speaking whether you think its a good or bad logo, it works for most sports, but for hockey, it only really works as a secondary logo worn on the shoulder patch. However, if you tried to put that logo on the front of Jersey I don't think it would look good at all.  I would like to see them try something like this, though no doubt the hordes of PC worthless studies majors that infest most campuses would throw a shitfit screaming about cultural appropriation because the design looks too native, cause god forbid anyone's sensibilities should be hurt.

The one on the left also is reminiscent of the Nazi "imperial eagle." ... just sayin' in case you have an issue with that kind of thing.

• Upvote 1

Actually, its based on the Plains Indians Symbol for the Thunder Bird,  the Birds that would often be seen prior to a storm. But Hey I guess Godwin's law still applies. Still, why worry anymore, anyone who right of Marx is seen as a Nazi these days so may as well just use the Nazi eagle anyways.

image.png.306be3fc7459b48a74db4815e1a6dcf7.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

1024px-Parteiadler_der_Nationalsozialist

58 minutes ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

Actually, its based on the Plains Indians Symbol for the Thunder Bird,  the Birds that would often be seen prior to a storm. But Hey I guess Godwin's law still applies. Still, why worry anymore, anyone who right of Marx is seen as a Nazi these days so may as well just use the Nazi eagle anyways.

image.png.306be3fc7459b48a74db4815e1a6dcf7.png

This from the guy calling our logo a postal Hawk. You see the USPS logo in our logo we see the Nazi War Eagle in the one you posted.

major difference - one was designed by a professional firm that took $50,000 for a logo that bore a striking to a distinct existing logo, the other was done by a fan for shits and giggles which bears a tangential resemblance to the Nazi eagle, but would also bear the same general resemblance to the US eagle, Prussian eagle, Russian eagle,  polish eagle.... the list goes on. That said nice job going the Nazi reference, that's what to goofer fans were doing after the f'hawks name won the lottery.  Although... adopting the nazi eagle symbol would piss off all the gender, ethnic, and  Starbucks studies majors that make up the future Starbucks workforce, who knows maybe they'll transfer out of UND and we can actually enjoy our university again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

major difference - one was designed by a professional firm that took $50,000 for a logo that bore a striking to a distinct existing logo, the other was done by a fan for shits and giggles which bears a tangential resemblance to the Nazi eagle, but would also bear the same general resemblance to the US EAGLE, Prussian EAGLE, Russian EAGLE,  polish EAGLE.... the list goes on. That said nice job going the Nazi reference, that's what to goofer fans were doing after the f'hawks name won the lottery.  Although... adopting the nazi eagle symbol would piss off all the gender, ethnic, and  Starbucks studies majors that make up the future Starbucks workforce, who knows maybe they'll transfer out of UND and we can actually enjoy our university again.

I may be out of bounds here, but I don't think an eagle logo is the best way to go for the Fighting Hawks!!

• Upvote 2

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 8:35 AM, Rebel_Sioux said:

I ran into a few students last week and there is a rumor on campus that Kennedy wants to retire the current Hawks logo (just the logo, not the name) at the end of the year. 

Come on now, slow down.  I thought we were going to wait 10 years to prove we need a better logo.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Do I believe "retire"? No.

Do I believe Kennedy wants a secondary logo to go with what we have? Yes. 

OMG, can you imagine the s-storm if they did retire the current logo and came out with a new F'NHawks logo? Oh boy. 

Holy Cow. On a more positive note. Scheels had Fighting Hawks gear reasonable cheap last time I was in there to buy some pedals for my Trek. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, FGHTNSX Hawkey14 said:

Bring back the interlocking ND as an alternate!!!

That will offend the atheists and satanists because it's too close to Notre Dame's interlocking ND. 

• Upvote 1