SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

4 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

So today marks the 2 year anniversary since the new Fighting Hawks logo was released. I think we can all agree it was meet with mixed emotions, to put it lightly. I had the preconceived notion that no matter what the logo came out to be, I was going to support it. I am sure there were others that did the same. Obviously there are those that will go till their last breathe criticizing the logo and will never accept it. 

Just wondering, not that we are 2 years into it, has your perception of the Fighting Hawks logo changed from what it was when it came out.   For me I have gone from acceptance to actually thinking that it is a good logo. Curious if others have felt the same way. Or if you still just hate it the same as he day it was released 2 years ago today. 

Don't hate it...more indifferent to the whole thing at this point.  The U moved on (they had to) and now they're stuck with a generic name and a mediocre logo.  I don't see them changing it anytime in the future either so carry on. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, UND1981 said:

I have FH logo on the shirt from the UND Park River golf event.  I will find some ND logo to cover up the white dove before I wear it in public.

That’ll show ‘em!  “Cold dead hands,” and “Get off my lawn” and all that other stuff, right?  Grrrrrr.  Now you got me all mad, too!

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

That’ll show ‘em!  “Cold dead hands,” and “Get off my lawn” and all that other stuff, right?  Grrrrrr.  Now you got me all mad, too!

Why do you care what clothing someone is wearing? Clearly they are still supporting the University. Some of you guys (not you in particular) are so miserable about this. Live your own life and move on when you are ready to move it. You cannot make everyone happy. Everyone wasn't happy when we were the Sioux, everyone isn't happy now. R-E-L-A-X.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

I always had you pegged as a white Zinfandel kind of guy...

The only white Zin ever seen in Belfield back in your day was in a box in the priest's fridge that was brought out after mass!

7 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Yeah but all the white in it doesn't make me think of a hawk either.

Even though white hawks are a thing. Throw in the fact that many teams have a logo that uses team colors instead of what you would typically see in nature and it seems like people are trying too hard with the dove thing.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

I doubt I saw all the banter and debate during the name selection process, but was anything in realm of dinosaurs and such ever discussed.  Seems like there is a link to North Dakota there.  Is there any dinosaurs without 37 letters except for raptors?

You mean Velociraptors? :)

26 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

I doubt I saw all the banter and debate during the name selection process, but was anything in realm of dinosaurs and such ever discussed.  Seems like there is a link to North Dakota there.  Is there any dinosaurs without 37 letters except for raptors?

UND T-Rex. Unreal mascot opportunity. Branding home run. What could have been.

9CACC7F4-367C-4B01-8B73-DA4A2630461D.gif