SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

7 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Purdue Ft Wayne unveiled their new updated logo.  SME was the design firm.  Presented with no comment!

ftwayne.jpg

The lines, particularly around the trunk, aren't bold enough, IMO.  It just looks like a big blob on their basketball court.  Not much risk taken in changes to their prior logo either

605bae76f0292592e098e76f28e4225d.jpg

52 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

And in a crazy attempt to promote their re branding, they had the audacity to put it at midcourt!! ;)

court.jpg

But we do have the Hawk name and logo somewhere on the court so it’s a baby step for the Englestad people. It’s a lot more then what did on the ice. I guess we have to take it as a small win for rebranding. 

So today marks the 2 year anniversary since the new Fighting Hawks logo was released. I think we can all agree it was meet with mixed emotions, to put it lightly. I had the preconceived notion that no matter what the logo came out to be, I was going to support it. I am sure there were others that did the same. Obviously there are those that will go till their last breathe criticizing the logo and will never accept it. 

Just wondering, not that we are 2 years into it, has your perception of the Fighting Hawks logo changed from what it was when it came out.   For me I have gone from acceptance to actually thinking that it is a good logo. Curious if others have felt the same way. Or if you still just hate it the same as he day it was released 2 years ago today. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

So today marka the 3 year anniversary since the new Fighting Hawks logo was released. I think we can all agree it was meet with mixed emotions, to put it lightly. I had the preconceived notion that no matter what the logo came out to be, I was going to support it. I am sure there were others that did the same. Obviously there are those that will go till their last breathe criticizing the logo and will never accept it. 

Just wondering, not that we are 3 years into it, has your perception of the Fighting Hawks logo changed from what it was 3 years ago?  For me I have gone from acceptance to actually thinking that it is a good logo. Curious if others have felt the same way. Or if you still just hate it the same as he day it was released 3 years ago today. 

Pretty sure it's only been 2 years. 

13 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

6 years.....

“Don’t Crazily Obsess Over Something Just Because You Saw It On A Jersey.” 

— Sane Human 

awwww... you learned how to bold this year... good job.

Good luck in high school next year.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

2 years.....

“Don’t Cling to a Mistake Just Because You Spent a lot of Time Making it.” 

— Aubrey De Graf

2 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

awwww... you learned how to bold this year... good job.

Good luck in high school next year.

Seriously? 

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

So today marka the 2 year anniversary since the new Fighting Hawks logo was released. I think we can all agree it was meet with mixed emotions, to put it lightly. I had the preconceived notion that no matter what the logo came out to be, I was going to support it. I am sure there were others that did the same. Obviously there are those that will go till their last breathe criticizing the logo and will never accept it. 

Just wondering, not that we are 2 years into it, has your perception of the Fighting Hawks logo changed from what it was when it came out.   For me I have gone from acceptance to actually thinking that it is a good logo. Curious if others have felt the same way. Or if you still just hate it the same as he day it was released 2 years ago today. 

I’m in line with you on this. Once I moved on I was all in and was going to do my best to accept whatever we went with because at the end of the day the nickname and logo don’t matter at all, the people do.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

So today marks the 2 year anniversary since the new Fighting Hawks logo was released. I think we can all agree it was meet with mixed emotions, to put it lightly. I had the preconceived notion that no matter what the logo came out to be, I was going to support it. I am sure there were others that did the same. Obviously there are those that will go till their last breathe criticizing the logo and will never accept it. 

I think people have warmed up to the name but the logo is what’s the problem. For me I like it, but if the people had a vote on it maybe more people would accept it. Ed Schafer dropped the ball on that, as making that part of the whole nickname/logo process unvotable and only he had the final say. Maybe a secondary logo will be in the future, one resembling the mascot who knows. But whether you love it, like it or hate it, it does get noticed. Hard to believe it’s 2 years already and 3 for the name. 

4 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

I think people have warmed up to the name but the logo is what’s the problem. For me I like it, but if the people had a vote on it maybe more people would accept it. Ed Schafer dropped the ball on that, as making that part of the whole nickname/logo process unvotable and only he had the final say. Maybe a secondary logo will be in the future, one resembling the mascot who knows. But whether you love it, like it or hate it, it does get noticed. Hard to believe it’s 2 years already and 3 for the name. 

I had no issue with Schafer picking the logo after the way the University handled the vote on the name.  I didn't want to go through that again.  I also had no trust in the University in running another simple vote and spending more $$$$ to do so.