SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

17 hours ago, petey23 said:

Reading comprehension is not a strong suit of yours I see.

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Is the sarcasm there because it pokes holes in the narrative, or what? 

Petey didn't send this out to try and change people's minds. It was an observation.

What good does posting something like that do?  Does it help UND?

As far as the "narrative",  you can call it that, but it is a fact that the logo is gaining traction.  Why not help that process?  Some choose to do so, some do not. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

As far as the "narrative",  you can call it that, but it is a fact that the logo is gaining traction.  Why not help that process?  Some choose to do so, some do not. 

My speculation:

It's frustrating to some who wanted "no nickname" when they really meant they wanted a void there.
And where there is void something will (even unofficially) fill it and we all know what that would've been. 

Instead, there's no void. And what was there is displaced, retired, and unable to fill a void that does not exist. 

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

What good does posting something like that do?  Does it help UND?

it was an observation and you're making it sound like he's on a pulpit. Just relax.

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Haha, but I'm not. I've expressed this so many times. I'm on board with the transition as it's what's best for the school that I love. What I'm not on board with are whiners that are telling people how they are supposed to feel. 

Anything that doesn't fit the narrative and you fly off the handle. 

Just like Petey saying over and over the logo sucks, its garbage and people aren't wearing it. Any sign of someone who is in favor of the logo and recently of the mascot and not in their narrative, they fly off the handle. 

18 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

it was an observation and you're making it sound like he's on a pulpit. Just relax.

What would have made a more interesting observation is him asking the 4 girls in UND gear...."why aren't you four wearing Fighting Sioux gear?"

• Downvote 1

One thing that people that don't like the Fighting Hawks name and/or logo need to ask themselves is: What will all my bitching and complaining accomplish?  I see it in the same way I see protesters sit on a highway and block traffic, or people who are upset their candidate didn't win an election so they #resist anything and everything associated with it.  A lot of effort is wasted when people act this way. 

So you don't like the Fighting Hawks name.  Well, there isn't really a lot you can do about that since I doubt UND is going to spend the time and money to start the process over.  OK, so what's next.  You don't like the logo.  Alright, well currently we only have one Fighting Hawks logo.  Does that mean it is going to be like this forever?  Likely not as you can look around the country and see schools with multiple logos for their athletic teams.  So what can you do?  Complaining and resisting the current logo and publically bashing it every chance you get is not going to do any good.  the logo is still going to be around.  A better way to see change is maybe write letters to the people that can actually make change.  Send an email to Kennedy, to Chaves.  Start a petition for UND to think about adapting a new secondary logo.  See what you can accomplish when you focus your efforts on something that actually has a chance to create change.  Not saying that that is going to make a difference either.  but is sure as heck better than sitting on the highway pouting about it.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Just like Petey saying over and over the logo sucks, its garbage and people aren't wearing it. Any sign of someone who is in favor of the logo and recently of the mascot and not in their narrative, they fly off the handle. 

Buddy, look through this thread. You're the only one who responded poorly to what he said. It was a simple observation and was in NO WAY telling anyone on here how to feel. 

20 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

What would have made a more interesting observation is him asking the 4 girls in UND gear...."why aren't you four wearing Fighting Sioux gear?"

Which he didn't do.... again, you are getting outraged over an observation.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

31 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Buddy, look through this thread. You're the only one who responded poorly to what he said. It was a simple observation and was in NO WAY telling anyone on here how to feel. 

Which he didn't do.... again, you are getting outraged over an observation.

Where did I say you have to like the logo. I want a direct quote or you are just making sh*t up like normal. I wasn’t the only one responding to his worthless drivel about why some girls weren’t wearing the logo. I saw a guy at work on Monday wear a Fighting Hawk hoodie. Cool story isn’t it.

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

That's because he pulled it off my pile of garbage during Clean Up week in early May. He also took my Ab Roller.

Now that's a cool story isn't it?

Both in brand new condition with the tags still on?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Where did I say you have to like the logo. I want a direct quote or you are just making sh*t up like normal. I wasn’t the only one responding to his worthless drivel about why some girls weren’t wearing the logo. I saw a guy at work on Monday wear a Fighting Hawk hoodie. Cool story isn’t it.

Wait, what? Where did I say that you said that I (others?) have to like the logo? Pfft. 

Did you ask him why he wasn't wearing Fighting Sioux gear? :silly: 

25 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

I'd also love to have you find a quote of me "making sh*t up like normal." That would be fun.

4 minutes ago, petey23 said:

General rule of thumb on Sioux Sports message board. If you get an upvote from D76 you are message boarding wrong, if you get a down vote from D76 you are probably on the right track and doing well on the interwebs.

Didn’t know guys are so sensitive about a little arrow. Thin skinned aren’t we.

5 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Didn’t know guys are so sensitive about a little arrow. Thin skinned aren’t we.

You quoted the wrong person. I was just helping out another poster who commented on your influential and prodigious use of the arrows.

6 minutes ago, FGHTNSX Hawkey14 said:

I'm not hurt by the little arrow, but you have worn it out. It loses its not meaning if you just automatically click it every time someone has an opinion.

Why not people do it to me, even when I get the positive arrow 5 or 6 times on a post there is the one down arrow from the select few that does it constantly. Again I don’t care if I get a red arrow, but I’m not the only one doing it.

5 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Why not people do it to me, even when I get the positive arrow 5 or 6 times on a post there is the one down arrow from the select few that does it constantly. Again I don’t care if I get a red arrow, but I’m not the only one doing it.

Darrel, time to slow down now.  You hit the 100 post per day max.  

• Upvote 2