SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

On 5/17/2018 at 7:52 PM, UND1981 said:

I think Nodaks would have done better in the voting if the Nodak Nation name were used with the Nodak Nation flag as the logo. 

If I had $100 million to donate to UND, maybe I could persuade enough people to get this done and overturn the FH thing.  I should start buying lottery tickets, take my chances and see what happens. 

Maybe take your $100 million and find a Sioux tribal that is offended that a bunch of chippewa were able to relegate the Sioux name from the front and center to an after thought. 

Had lunch at Potbelly in Fargo today. Ended up sitting at a table next to 4 girls all 19-22(guessing), all wearing UND garb head to toe(shirts, sweatshirts, shorts, sweats).

One girl had on a long sleeve tee shirt that had North Dakota Fighting Hawks on it. The other 7 items of apparel either just said UND, University of North Dakota, or North Dakota on them.

I talked to them a bit, they all currently attend UND. I made some comment about that being obvious. I asked them why they didn't have anything with the Hawk logo on it and a couple of them scrunched their noses and shook their heads and one said it is an Ugly logo. Couldn't argue with that. Asked about Sioux logo and it they owned any and while a couple said they had some from when they were younger they all considered themselves Fighting Hawks but hated the logo.

11 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Had lunch at Potbelly in Fargo today. Ended up sitting at a table next to 4 girls all 19-22(guessing), all wearing UND garb head to toe(shirts, sweatshirts, shorts, sweats).

One girl had on a long sleeve tee shirt that had North Dakota Fighting Hawks on it. The other 7 items of apparel either just said UND, University of North Dakota, or North Dakota on them.

I talked to them a bit, they all currently attend UND. I made some comment about that being obvious. I asked them why they didn't have anything with the Hawk logo on it and a couple of them scrunched their noses and shook their heads and one said it is an Ugly logo. Couldn't argue with that. Asked about Sioux logo and it they owned any and while a couple said they had some from when they were younger they all considered themselves Fighting Hawks but hated the logo.

Thanks.

16 minutes ago, petey23 said:

I was at my daughters soccer game and saw a few kids with Fighting Hawk gear In the mix of Bison, Twins, and Vikings gear to name a few teams out there. Kids don’t wear things they don’t like. My son wouldn’t be caught dead in Bison gear, but wears both Sioux and Fighting Hawks gear.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, petey23 said:

Welp, this changes everything for me.  #siouxforever!!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

16 hours ago, ChrisUND1 said:

Welp, this changes everything for me.  #siouxforever!!!!!

Is the sarcasm there because it pokes holes in the narrative, or what? 

Petey didn't send this out to try and change people's minds. It was an observation.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Petey didn't send this out to try and change people's minds. It was an observation.

So he observed 1 out of 4 girls wearing Hawks gear. Holy sh*t better start the nickname process all over again it’s a total failure. :silly:

• Downvote 1

35 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

he also thinks the Bison logo is a work of art.  

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

So he observed 1 out of 4 girls wearing Hawks gear. Holy sh*t better start the nickname process all over again it’s a total failure. :silly:

I simply pointed out that out of 8 garments, zero had the horrible logo on it and noted their commentary on the logo.

Are you really this much of a simpleton? That is a rhetorical question, no answer needed. Of course being the simple minded person you are I am sure you will come up with some idiotic answer that again has nothing to do with the point. Carry on.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, petey23 said:

I simply pointed out that out of 8 garments, zero had the horrible logo on it and noted their commentary on the logo.

Are you really this much of a simpleton? That is a rhetorical question, no answer needed.

So I should have ran to the kids at my daughters soccer game and ask them why they are wearing the Hawks logo on their shirt? We know you hate the logo, and so does other people, just like some like the logo. So what’s your point that everyone already knows? 

14 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

So I should have ran to the kids at my daughters soccer game and ask them why they are wearing the Hawks logo on their shirt? We know you hate the logo, and so does other people, just like some like the logo. So what’s your point that everyone already knows? 

HE WAS JUST TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHY THEY DON'T LIKE THE LOGO, cripes! He absolutely did not imply you should do anything with your daughters and asking about the logo at their soccer game. Not even a little bit. It was a frickin' observation. Holy effing crimony. You guys are so d@mn defensive of this. 

Sooooo d@mn butthurt since it pokes holes in that narrative of yours that the logo is gaining traction. Just ridiculous.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

57 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Uh oh. Darell is upset because this pokes holes in his narrative. Adorable that you changed 8 to 4 for the situation to make it seem less important. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

23 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

HE WAS JUST TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHY THEY DON'T LIKE THE LOGO, cripes! He absolutely did not imply you should do anything with your daughters and asking about the logo at their soccer game. Not even a little bit. It was a frickin' observation. Holy effing crimony. You guys are so d@mn defensive of this. 

Sooooo d@mn butthurt since it pokes holes in that narrative of yours that the logo is gaining traction. Just ridiculous.

Just like you are butthurt over the nickname, logo, and mascot? 

27 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Uh oh. Darell is upset because this pokes holes in his narrative. Adorable that you changed 8 to 4 for the situation to make it seem less important. 

He said it was 4 girls. Sorry it wasn’t 4,000.