Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Siouxperfan7

What do you think of the logo now??

Fighting Hawks logo  

280 members have voted

  1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

    • A
      17
    • B
      66
    • C
      54
    • D
      37
    • F
      106


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

He's not totally wrong.  Outside people are laughing at the "angst" this causes for our hockey fans.  Like zero non-UND people I know understand it.  

I just don't get why people are so butthurt that it causes embarrassment. Those mocking us are our rivals. Didn't they already try and mock us? 

My pride in my school is not overshadowed by name calling. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

He's not totally wrong.  Outside people are laughing at the "angst" this causes for our hockey fans.  Like zero non-UND people I know understand it.  

Exactly. I’m not embarrassed. I’m embarrassed for you. If some of you left the bubble you’d see what others think about it - you look ridiculous. 

 

Hey listen, I understand and agree with being mad at the NCAA, missing the old nickname, and thinking the new nickname and logs are dumb, but to waste even an ounce of energy on something that will not change is, from the outside, a complete waste of time of time and energy.

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ozzie82 said:

Exactly. I’m not embarrassed. I’m embarrassed for you. If some of you left the bubble you’d see what others think about it - you look ridiculous. 

 

Hey listen, I understand and agree with being mad at the NCAA, missing the old nickname, and thinking the new nickname and logs are dumb, but to waste even an ounce of energy on something that will not change is, from the outside, a complete waste of time of time and energy.

But.... but... I'm not embarrassed, so uh, that's not a real thing lol.

My "waste of time and energy" is merely those spent on here, discussing this with you folk. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, UND1983 said:

What do you mean Postal Service trucks?

Haven't you ever looked at the post office logo in the side of their trucks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

246x0w.jpg hqdefault.jpg

Really not hard to distinguish.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRn2SDTr-RYGPVfUHYpLkh

2000px-Notre_Dame_Fighting_Irish_logo.sv

And yet no one complained....except maybe those at Notre Dame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRn2SDTr-RYGPVfUHYpLkh

2000px-Notre_Dame_Fighting_Irish_logo.sv

And yet no one complained....except maybe those at Notre Dame.

Lol wat?

You're comparing the discussion and similarities between two actual logos versus one actual logo and a logo used to mock an actual logo. 

At the end of the day, the FH and Post Office logo comparison is dumb, too. Is there a similarity? Sure. But I sure don't think of USPS when I see the FH logo.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Lol wat?

You're comparing the discussion and similarities between two actual logos versus one actual logo and a logo used to mock an actual logo. 

At the end of the day, the FH and Post Office logo comparison is dumb, too. Is there a similarity? Sure. But I sure don't think of USPS when I see the FH logo.

I don’t think of that either, it’s just funny how people associate that logo with the USPS but have no problem with a logo used by another university. People bitch that the FH name wasn’t unique? Well neither was the secondary logo of UND.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, darell1976 said:

I don’t think of that either, it’s just funny how people associate that logo with the USPS but have no problem with a logo used by another university. People bitch that the FH name wasn’t unique? Well neither was the secondary logo of UND.

Your context is that it's a normal comparison, but the USPS vs. FH logo is done as a mockery, is what I'm trying to say. That vs. the UND/ND logo is completely different. You changed the subject, albeit I think unintentionally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Lol wat?

You're comparing the discussion and similarities between two actual logos versus one actual logo and a logo used to mock an actual logo. 

At the end of the day, the FH and Post Office logo comparison is dumb, too. Is there a similarity? Sure. But I sure don't think of USPS when I see the FH logo.

Other than they both seem to have financial problems.:(

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

246x0w.jpg hqdefault.jpg

Really not hard to distinguish.

Which one is the postal logo again? They both look the same

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

Which one is the postal logo again? They both look the same

giphy.webp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Davlun said:

Haven't you ever looked at the post office logo in the side of their trucks?

No I guess not, still don't get it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2018 at 7:46 PM, darell1976 said:

What makes us the laughing stock of college sports is having a divided fanbase over a nickname. 

I would say us narrowing the nickname down to the final five made us the laughing stock first...

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Prison_Mike said:

I would say us narrowing the nickname down to the final five made us the laughing stock first...

I think Nodaks would have done better in the voting if the Nodak Nation name were used with the Nodak Nation flag as the logo. 

If I had $100 million to donate to UND, maybe I could persuade enough people to get this done and overturn the FH thing.  I should start buying lottery tickets, take my chances and see what happens. 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ozzie82 said:

Exactly. I’m not embarrassed. I’m embarrassed for you. If some of you left the bubble you’d see what others think about it - you look ridiculous. 

 

Hey listen, I understand and agree with being mad at the NCAA, missing the old nickname, and thinking the new nickname and logs are dumb, but to waste even an ounce of energy on something that will not change is, from the outside, a complete waste of time of time and energy.

I blame UND for not going out to the two Sioux reservations in ND.  They should be putting on sports clinics and working with the tribes.

If we would have gotten a positive vote from Standing Rock,  we would still have been the Fighting Sioux. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Davlun said:

I blame UND for not going out to the two Sioux reservations in ND.  They should be putting on sports clinics and working with the tribes.

If we would have gotten a positive vote from Standing Rock,  we would still have been the Fighting Sioux. 

Why don’t you blame the tribal council of Standing Rock for not letting their people vote like Spirit Lake did, if they did we would still be the Fighting Sioux. UND was behind the 8 ball when it was announced we needed TWO tribal approvals instead of one like the other schools. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

246x0w.jpg hqdefault.jpg

Really not hard to distinguish.

True... one looks bland, whereas the other lacks creativity.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, darell1976 said:

Why don’t you blame the tribal council of Standing Rock for not letting their people vote like Spirit Lake did, if they did we would still be the Fighting Sioux. UND was behind the 8 ball when it was announced we needed TWO tribal approvals instead of one like the other schools. 

Und should have been in front of this year's ago. And I do blame the tribal government.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Why don’t you blame the tribal council of Standing Rock for not letting their people vote like Spirit Lake did, if they did we would still be the Fighting Sioux. UND was behind the 8 ball when it was announced we needed TWO tribal approvals instead of one like the other schools. 

That right there is a stone cold fact. Plus 1 for D76!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Davlun said:

I blame UND for not going out to the two Sioux reservations in ND.  They should be putting on sports clinics and working with the tribes.

If we would have gotten a positive vote from Standing Rock,  we would still have been the Fighting Sioux. 

The SBoHE hired Kelly to kill the nickname.  Two tribal signatures were required by the NCAA, because that was impossible to get with His Horse is Thunder as tribal chief.  Kelly never set a foot on Standing Rock and probably called their leadership just to show solidarity.  When Kelly retired, Standing Rock leadership found it in their hearts to bestow honors on him, which dishonored their grand parents who had a peace pice ceremony with UND leadership over the name.  A peace pipe ceremony represents eternity.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, UND1981 said:

I think Nodaks would have done better in the voting if the Nodak Nation name were used with the Nodak Nation flag as the logo. 

If I had $100 million to donate to UND, maybe I could persuade enough people to get this done and overturn the FH thing.  I should start buying lottery tickets, take my chances and see what happens. 

 

Your $100M would empty another barrel of ink at the GF Herald.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those of you upset with the current UND hawk logo, what are you looking for in a hawk logo? Muscles? Teeth? Snarling? 

Can you throw out examples of other schools' bird logos that you like? I'd imagine UND will eventually have another logo that will either be the primary or secondary athletics logo, so I'm curious if anything could make you happy. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11-2-eagle-png-3.pngAir_Force_Falcons_svg.thumb.png.63410571b8ac02ca9273cbfcbc28aebe.png

Couldn't quickly find a hawk image, but I'd like to see a full bodied raptor in a stoop, talons extended, like the eagle above. If it has to be just a partial bird, something more like the Air Force falcon, with talons extended (shown just for the talons extended, not that big a fan of it otherwise). I was hoping for at least something like that when Ed unveiled the awful logo.

While I've become accustomed to the current logo (black and white on green background, green and white on black background, but never on gray like Ed's sweatshirt during the unveiling), I still would like to see something much more like the image (the eagle) above.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×