SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

5 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

He's not totally wrong.  Outside people are laughing at the "angst" this causes for our hockey fans.  Like zero non-UND people I know understand it.  

I just don't get why people are so butthurt that it causes embarrassment. Those mocking us are our rivals. Didn't they already try and mock us? 

My pride in my school is not overshadowed by name calling. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

He's not totally wrong.  Outside people are laughing at the "angst" this causes for our hockey fans.  Like zero non-UND people I know understand it.  

Exactly. I’m not embarrassed. I’m embarrassed for you. If some of you left the bubble you’d see what others think about it - you look ridiculous. 

Hey listen, I understand and agree with being mad at the NCAA, missing the old nickname, and thinking the new nickname and logs are dumb, but to waste even an ounce of energy on something that will not change is, from the outside, a complete waste of time of time and energy.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, Ozzie82 said:

Exactly. I’m not embarrassed. I’m embarrassed for you. If some of you left the bubble you’d see what others think about it - you look ridiculous. 

Hey listen, I understand and agree with being mad at the NCAA, missing the old nickname, and thinking the new nickname and logs are dumb, but to waste even an ounce of energy on something that will not change is, from the outside, a complete waste of time of time and energy.

But.... but... I'm not embarrassed, so uh, that's not a real thing lol.

My "waste of time and energy" is merely those spent on here, discussing this with you folk. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRn2SDTr-RYGPVfUHYpLkh

2000px-Notre_Dame_Fighting_Irish_logo.sv

And yet no one complained....except maybe those at Notre Dame.

Lol wat?

You're comparing the discussion and similarities between two actual logos versus one actual logo and a logo used to mock an actual logo. 

At the end of the day, the FH and Post Office logo comparison is dumb, too. Is there a similarity? Sure. But I sure don't think of USPS when I see the FH logo.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Lol wat?

You're comparing the discussion and similarities between two actual logos versus one actual logo and a logo used to mock an actual logo. 

At the end of the day, the FH and Post Office logo comparison is dumb, too. Is there a similarity? Sure. But I sure don't think of USPS when I see the FH logo.

I don’t think of that either, it’s just funny how people associate that logo with the USPS but have no problem with a logo used by another university. People bitch that the FH name wasn’t unique? Well neither was the secondary logo of UND.

1 minute ago, darell1976 said:

I don’t think of that either, it’s just funny how people associate that logo with the USPS but have no problem with a logo used by another university. People bitch that the FH name wasn’t unique? Well neither was the secondary logo of UND.

Your context is that it's a normal comparison, but the USPS vs. FH logo is done as a mockery, is what I'm trying to say. That vs. the UND/ND logo is completely different. You changed the subject, albeit I think unintentionally.

15 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Lol wat?

Other than they both seem to have financial problems.:(

• Upvote 4

30 minutes ago, Prison_Mike said:

I would say us narrowing the nickname down to the final five made us the laughing stock first...

I think Nodaks would have done better in the voting if the Nodak Nation name were used with the Nodak Nation flag as the logo. 

If I had $100 million to donate to UND, maybe I could persuade enough people to get this done and overturn the FH thing.  I should start buying lottery tickets, take my chances and see what happens. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Ozzie82 said:

I blame UND for not going out to the two Sioux reservations in ND.  They should be putting on sports clinics and working with the tribes.

If we would have gotten a positive vote from Standing Rock,  we would still have been the Fighting Sioux. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Davlun said:

I blame UND for not going out to the two Sioux reservations in ND.  They should be putting on sports clinics and working with the tribes.

If we would have gotten a positive vote from Standing Rock,  we would still have been the Fighting Sioux. 

Why don’t you blame the tribal council of Standing Rock for not letting their people vote like Spirit Lake did, if they did we would still be the Fighting Sioux. UND was behind the 8 ball when it was announced we needed TWO tribal approvals instead of one like the other schools. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, darell1976 said:

Why don’t you blame the tribal council of Standing Rock for not letting their people vote like Spirit Lake did, if they did we would still be the Fighting Sioux. UND was behind the 8 ball when it was announced we needed TWO tribal approvals instead of one like the other schools. 

Und should have been in front of this year's ago. And I do blame the tribal government.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, darell1976 said:

That right there is a stone cold fact. Plus 1 for D76!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Davlun said:

The SBoHE hired Kelly to kill the nickname.  Two tribal signatures were required by the NCAA, because that was impossible to get with His Horse is Thunder as tribal chief.  Kelly never set a foot on Standing Rock and probably called their leadership just to show solidarity.  When Kelly retired, Standing Rock leadership found it in their hearts to bestow honors on him, which dishonored their grand parents who had a peace pice ceremony with UND leadership over the name.  A peace pipe ceremony represents eternity.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, UND1981 said:

I think Nodaks would have done better in the voting if the Nodak Nation name were used with the Nodak Nation flag as the logo. 

If I had $100 million to donate to UND, maybe I could persuade enough people to get this done and overturn the FH thing.  I should start buying lottery tickets, take my chances and see what happens. 

Your $100M would empty another barrel of ink at the GF Herald.

• Upvote 1

For those of you upset with the current UND hawk logo, what are you looking for in a hawk logo? Muscles? Teeth? Snarling? 

Can you throw out examples of other schools' bird logos that you like? I'd imagine UND will eventually have another logo that will either be the primary or secondary athletics logo, so I'm curious if anything could make you happy. 

• Upvote 1

11-2-eagle-png-3.pngAir_Force_Falcons_svg.thumb.png.63410571b8ac02ca9273cbfcbc28aebe.png

Couldn't quickly find a hawk image, but I'd like to see a full bodied raptor in a stoop, talons extended, like the eagle above. If it has to be just a partial bird, something more like the Air Force falcon, with talons extended (shown just for the talons extended, not that big a fan of it otherwise). I was hoping for at least something like that when Ed unveiled the awful logo.

While I've become accustomed to the current logo (black and white on green background, green and white on black background, but never on gray like Ed's sweatshirt during the unveiling), I still would like to see something much more like the image (the eagle) above.

• Upvote 1