SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

The logo and name are the biggest disaster in UND history.  Now throw in a mascot and we are the laughing stock of college sports. It's too bad our administration has to cater to the politically correct world. Not sure who runs our asylum.  

11 hours ago, jdub27 said:

What do you mean you don't "accept it"? Like you just pretend reality isn't happening all around you and all the FH logos you see are part of some alternate world that you're dropping by in? You pretend that the settlement never happened, the FS nickname and logo was never retired and the items that they still sell with the FS logo don't have "Dacotah Legacy Collection" on them? I'm very curious on how one chooses not to accept reality.

It's pretty easy. Just throw on my Fighting Sioux sweater, go to the game and see thousands of other Fighting Sioux sweaters, and hear the crowd chanting "Let's go Sioux!"

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Davlun said:

The logo and name are the biggest disaster in UND history.  Now throw in a mascot and we are the laughing stock of college sports. It's too bad our administration has to cater to the politically correct world. Not sure who runs our asylum.  

200.gif

Also, which nickname was it you voted for since your top choice wasn't an option but your second choice was....? 

On 9/6/2015 at 9:43 AM, Davlun said:

My wife and I agree that the new name should be just North Dakota. We both said we could live with Fighting Hawks. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Davlun said:

What makes us the laughing stock of college sports is having a divided fanbase over a nickname. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

What makes us the laughing stock of college sports is having a divided fanbase over a nickname. 

100% correct. 

Its truly absurd that people still care so much about the nickname change. It’s embarassing. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

44 minutes ago, MrEdway said:

It's pretty easy. Just throw on my Fighting Sioux sweater, go to the game and see thousands of other Fighting Sioux sweaters, and hear the crowd chanting "Let's go Sioux!"

So you only go to hockey games.  Stunner.

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

You think most schools give a damn about our logo situation? I bet most fan bases couldn't even tell you what our old logo was! I wore an interlocking ND hat years ago in the south. Anyone that talked to be while wearing it said Go Irish, dont think one person thought Sioux. 

Just now, northernraider said:

You think most schools give a damn about our logo situation? I bet most fan bases couldn't even tell you what our old logo was! I wore an interlocking ND hat years ago in the south. Anyone that talked to be while wearing it said Go Irish, dont think one person thought Sioux. 

Most schools....no. Conference and rival schools...yes. 

10 hours ago, Ozzie82 said:

100% correct. 

Its truly absurd that people still care so much about the nickname change. It’s embarassing. 

Related image

The MOTHER of all NICKNAME/LOGO WARS!

image.jpeg.daf0b985697e3252a9288c5a5bc2dcb1.jpeg    vs. image.jpeg.a8d326b39cc1c433f6c59f3f51ca5927.jpeg

Image result for eveready battery bunny

Our Spirit takes a lickin', but keeps on tickin'.

The GF Herald has and continues to use barrels of ink on this hostility.

Thousands of our students/alumni hurt from this Fighting, and even a larger number of students/alumni from rivalry campuses - LOL.

The battle in Lost Wages on May 30th between two heavy weights, Kris Engelstad McGarry and president Mark Kennedy, could be a turning point, and finally start to bring some closure to this bloodshed? 

11 hours ago, darell1976 said:

I was all on board with just North Dakota.  But that could.not be an option. Now everywhere we go, we see the fighting hawks on the sides of U.S. postal service trucks. That was the best we could do!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Davlun said:

I was all on board with just North Dakota.  But that could.not be an option. Now everywhere we go, we see the fighting hawks on the sides of U.S. postal service trucks. That was the best we could do!

If making fun of our logo makes you feel better more power to you.

On 9/6/2015 at 9:43 AM, Davlun said:

My wife and I agree that the new name should be just North Dakota. We both said we could live with Fighting Hawks. 

1 hour ago, Davlun said:

Again, which nickname did you vote for? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Davlun said:

Bingo. Exactly what I think of when I see that logo. Real creative eh 

14 hours ago, Davlun said:

Settle down. Our school is in North Dakota, a flyover state and our best sport is a niche sport. Relax. It'll make life easier.... and this is coming from a guy who still wants us to be Sioux lol.

2 hours ago, Davlun said:

What do you mean Postal Service trucks?

13 hours ago, Ozzie82 said:

100% correct. 

Another one who gets embarrassed easily lol. Do you guys have meetings? I'd like to observe.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Another one who gets embarrassed easily lol. Do you guys have meetings? I'd like to observe.

He's not totally wrong.  Outside people are laughing at the "angst" this causes for our hockey fans.  Like zero non-UND people I know understand it.