SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

1 hour ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

ChesterFritz90 hit it it right on the head, lotta conjecture being thrown around here with the tiniest of sample sizes being projected onto a massive population of people. I'm in the 'show me some real numbers' camp as well. 

I am sure sales of gear of the Stanford Cardinals weren’t that great the year after they changed their name but look at their sales now. They have been the Cardinals since 1981. How much Redskin gear is at GFC games? After a 23 year name change Knights gear is seen everywhere. We are on year two of the nickname and year one of the logo, still have a long ways to go.

8 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

I am sure sales of gear of the Stanford Cardinals weren’t that great the year after they changed their name but look at their sales now. They have been the Cardinals since 1981. How much Redskin gear is at GFC games? After a 23 year name change Knights gear is seen everywhere. We are on year two of the nickname and year one of the logo, still have a long ways to go.

Um...they're not the Cardinals, darell...

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Pretty slow day if you care that much over grammar. Glad you guys never make mistakes. 

You're kidding me, right?  This kind of backs up the point that nicknames and logos matter, no?  They've been the "Cardinal" for like 40 years and yet a sports fan STILL hase no clue about their nickname.  

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

You're kidding me, right?  This kind of backs up the point that nicknames and logos matter, no?  They've been the "Cardinal" for like 40 years and yet a sports fan STILL hase no clue about their nickname.  

Good thing we are the Fighting Hawks and not the Fighting Hawk.

23 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I think cberkas and MM are saying their nickname is 'Cardinal' as in the color, rather than 'Cardinals' as in the bird.

So there is no plural form of Cardinal? I know the school’s nickname was from the school’s color and not the bird, I didn’t know they don’t use any plural forms. 

Fetch, Fetch, Fetch, first the eyes go, then the mind, so I'll be kind to a guy already two strikes down. ;) 

That is a White Hawk. Most White Hawks have some black coloring in the face and wings. However, that image specifically is of the subspecies 'ghiesbreghti'. That particular subspecies has lost nearly all other coloring and is thus completely white. 

I picked that picture when I heard that with UND's new logo, no matter the color schema, the hawk portion will be white. 

So, Fetch, you bring your "little white dove": my avatar, one of the largest varieties of hawks, is hungry. ;) 

• Upvote 1

On 11/24/2017 at 8:47 AM, UND1981 said:

I am surprised by several long-time UND fans (that I thought were die hard FS proponents) that are wearing FH gear.  For myself, I bought a new banner for my office in the new North Dakota font and cut off the FH logo and FH letters on the bottom.  I'm in the North Dakota only camp as mentioned above by SiouxForever.

Lol that’s awesome 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Nice to see our logo displayed on ESPN, during the highlights of the UND/Gonzaga game. No Bison logo, no interlocking ND, just the Fighting Hawk logo.

Agree 100%. In fact, it startled me when it swept across the screen at the beginning of the highlight package. In a surprisingly good way. It's quite vivid.

21 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Agree 100%. In fact, it startled me when it swept across the screen at the beginning of the highlight package. In a surprisingly good way. It's quite vivid.

I know this will be blasphemy in some quarters, but the Brien logo didn't work well in certain media due to its heavy detailing.

Some of those included: 

• small presentations (this is why they had to create the less detailed version that didn't include the feather signature, and that was still a busy version)
  • rapid motion or flash-bys (on TV where the lead into or out of replay)
  • the small, small logo they use on on-screen TV scoreboards

Sometimes less is more, and simpler is better. 

You may burn me at the stake now. 

• Downvote 1