SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I've yelled "Go Hawks" for Shts and giggles at a UND hockey games this year (during a quiet period in play) knowing I'd get a rise from someone and sure enough every time someone would yell "Go Sioux" at me.

I think a unison "Go Hawks" chant at the Ralph is years away.

2 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

You need to lighten up

Or maybe it's you...pretty sure UND won all those titles regardless of the nickname.  Maybe I should have added a smiley face at the end so you knew I was just having a little fun in this super serious thread. :):)

1 hour ago, Cratter said:

I've yelled "Go Hawks" for Shts and giggles at a UND hockey games this year (during a quiet period in play) knowing I'd get a rise from someone and sure enough every time someone would yell "Go Sioux" at me.

It's that way on social media. Someone posts go Hawks only to have the usual Go Sioux reponse.  I guess Hawk cheers are only allowed at the Alerus and the Betty. Just wait until a recruit wears Hawk gear and gets weird looks, or someone says something negative about the logo, how long will this hatred for the new name/logo last? 

11 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Scheels was rocking yesterday with almost every UND "fan" wearing hostile and abusive clothing.

#fakefans

Thanks to my Sioux hoodie with both the word Sioux and Brien's logo on it, I was crazy hostile and abusive!!  I shouted at Bellows that he would NEVER be his old man.  And then I gave BU drummer guy some crap about his drum kit blocking the aisle and that I hoped there wasn't a fire.  Follow by my hostile and abusive chuckle.  But my 7 year old son that was with me??  Forget it!  When BU's band started to chant "HEY!  HO!  The Fighting Hawks have got to go!", I had to hold his hostile and abusive @$$ back!  He was headed up there to thumb wrestle someone...

15 hours ago, Blackheart said:

What part of the game yesterday was a choke job?  Talk about being disconnected from reality.

Perception is reality, my friend. You perceive protest as progress, unfortunately.

Time to move on. UND Fighting Hawks Hockey essentially lost a home tournament game that many expected them to win. That happens, sometimes; hopefully 2017-18 is better. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, Cratter said:

Yes, that level of protest and denial is definitely there. This divide within the University community will cause issues for some time, despite what some delusionists on this board think. It is subtle, yes, but disunited nonetheless. The direct influence of the nickname on winning and losing is being blown out of proportion by many as apparently they feel that is a logical rebuttal; it isn't - the divide continues to disrupt irregardless of direct W/L results. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Perception is reality, my friend. You perceive protest as progress, unfortunately.

Time to move on. UND Fighting Hawks Hockey essentially lost a home tournament game that many expected them to win. That happens, sometimes; hopefully 2017-18 is better. 

I saw lots of "progress" in the Scheels Arena Friday................however one wants to define progress.

5 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I saw lots of "progress" in the Scheels Arena Friday................

Oh please dont make me delve into your perception (although I suspect I know what it is).

There certainly was plenty of outdated nickname apparel in Scheels Arena on Friday.

3 hours ago, Boogieman said:

Thanks to my Sioux hoodie with both the word Sioux and Brien's logo on it, I was crazy hostile and abusive!!  I shouted at Bellows that he would NEVER be his old man.  And then I gave BU drummer guy some crap about his drum kit blocking the aisle and that I hoped there wasn't a fire.  Follow by my hostile and abusive chuckle.  But my 7 year old son that was with me??  Forget it!  When BU's band started to chant "HEY!  HO!  The Fighting Hawks have got to go!", I had to hold his hostile and abusive @$$ back!  He was headed up there to thumb wrestle someone...

Sioux Forever.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I'm not your friend.   That's not perception, that's reality.

Good luck with the trolling.