SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

On 2017. 3. 17. at 1:01 AM, The Sicatoka said:

At risk of repeating myself ...

I'm so < bleep > < bleep > < bleeping > glad that UND had a new nickname and logo before the feces festival, the crap carnival, the dung drama, the merde melee, called "the DAPL protests" happened. 

You have to know that if the nickname saga had still been going, UND would've been drug through the mud (and whatever else that was on the ground in those camps) by the media as more proof of how terrible the State of ND is. 

When I see the ND Hawk logo, ... "Hawks?"... , and meh, logo could've been better, but it's not bad, but more importantly to me at least ...

I see the soap box kicked out from all the "habitually offended" nickname protesters and any leverage the Tribes may have ever had gone. (That second one, well, see above re: DAPL.) 

I would agree much as miss the old nickname and logo, and as bad as may find  the new nickname and logo, UND did dodge a some major bad publictiy by not having the Fighting Sioux nickname with the DAPL drama in full swing.

On 2017. 3. 18. at 1:47 AM, darell1976 said:

I was waiting for them to mention how UND was the Fighting Sioux and how the Hawks name is new, but nothing. It's in the past like Stanford was the Indians and Marquette was the Warriors. Last night it was all about being the Fighting Hawks.

I think you are also forgeting that the basketball world really dosen't care about UND or the Smaller schools, in their eyes we are just padding to lengthen out the tournement.

5 hours ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

I think you are also forgeting that the basketball world really dosen't care about UND or the Smaller schools, in their eyes we are just padding to lengthen out the tournement.

Every time UND played a major team in basketball prior to 2015, (k-state, Kansas, Wisconsin etc) they always mentioned the nickname issue until the Fighting Hawks was picked. Now you don't hear it anymore. 

On 3/15/2017 at 11:18 PM, ArchyAlum11 said:

Split loyalties... it happens. All I'm saying is as of right now we still have a divided fan base, its going to take time for people to accept it. It might have been easier if the name had been more unquie like Nokota's or Roughriders, but that ship has sailed.

:lol:  The imaginary horse created out of badlands legend?  My sister and locals in SW ND couldn't even believe that folks in the "big city" were buying that fairy tale.  

14 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

:lol:  The imaginary horse created out of badlands legend?  My sister and locals in SW ND couldn't even believe that folks in the "big city" were buying that fairy tale.  

So I guess this is all just one big scam then?

http://www.nokotahorse.org/cms/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokota_horse

https://www.nd.gov/content.htm?parentCatID=75&id=State Equine

33 minutes ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

I am referring to the Kuntz brothers claiming that their horses were direct descendants of Sitting Bull's horses.  

35 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

The Fighting Hawks logo on the ice at Scheels arena.  The logo looks good on the ice with a white background.  Preview of things to come at center ice at the Ralph next year?!!

ice.jpg

This isn't about the Hawks logo, but anyone else annoyed by the unbalanced Fargo, ND on the ice? IIRC, the G was on the other side the last time we hosted

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Hardcore Hawk said:

This isn't about the Hawks logo, but anyone else annoyed by the unbalanced Fargo, ND on the ice? IIRC, the G was on the other side the last time we hosted

Ha!  I noticed it too and was trying to figure out if they could have done it better.

The hawk logo pops on the ice!

On 3/16/2017 at 5:14 PM, fightingsioux08 said:

A Sioux logo is located throughout the United Center, which hosts the Frozen Four this year. Gotta love the ignorance of the NCAA that they choose a venue that displays the same logo that they banned. 

Those will be covered like the beer signs. 

2 hours ago, Hardcore Hawk said:

The message I see is GO, ND....Brilliant!

• Upvote 2