SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

6 hours ago, Hardcore Hawk said:

Just thought of this, but our first look at the new logo on ice won't be at the Ralph, but in Fargo during the regional games. 

Unless they just have an NCAA type logo instead.  

12 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Here's what they used in 2015. After seeing that, I'd actually be pretty disappointed if it wasn't on the ice.

CA_FshKUUAA3gp7.jpg

I believe UW hosted the Frozen Four last year in Tampa.  They didn't use the Bucky logo; they used the red script W instead.  Not sure what the guidelines are per the NC$$.

20 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

I believe UW hosted the Frozen Four last year in Tampa.  They didn't use the Bucky logo; they used the red script W instead.  Not sure what the guidelines are per the NC$$.

UND used the flame logo when the REA hosted the West Regional.

IMG_1272.jpg

• Downvote 1

At risk of repeating myself ...

I'm so < bleep > < bleep > < bleeping > glad that UND had a new nickname and logo before the feces festival, the crap carnival, the dung drama, the merde melee, called "the DAPL protests" happened. 

You have to know that if the nickname saga had still been going, UND would've been drug through the mud (and whatever else that was on the ground in those camps) by the media as more proof of how terrible the State of ND is. 

When I see the ND Hawk logo, ... "Hawks?"... , and meh, logo could've been better, but it's not bad, but more importantly to me at least ...

I see the soap box kicked out from all the "habitually offended" nickname protesters and any leverage the Tribes may have ever had gone. (That second one, well, see above re: DAPL.) 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'm so < bleep > < bleep > < bleeping > glad that UND had a new nickname and logo before the feces festival, the crap carnival, the dung drama, the merde melee, called "the DAPL protests" happened. 

You have to know that if the nickname saga had still been going, UND would've been drug through the mud (and whatever else that was on the ground in those camps) by the media as more proof of how terrible the State of ND is. 

When I see the ND Hawk logo, ... "Hawks?"... , and meh, logo could've been better, but it's not bad, but more importantly to me at least ...

I see the soap box kicked out from all the "habitually offended" nickname protesters and any leverage the Tribes may have ever had gone. (That second one, well, see above re: DAPL.) 

I said the same thing when it happened. The insane part is that other fans said 'well you used to have that nickname, shouldn't you be on the protestors side?'. 

26 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

And remember that special nickname clause...if approved UND keeps the nickname until the tribe (or tribes) decided to change their mind then the name would be taken away. I'm so glad that issue is dead, and we are away from the nickname mess except for those chanting Go Sioux or Sioux forever. At least the NCAA can't do anything about that. (See Marquette)

7 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

If they want it to become the new recognized primary, it best be on the ice. 

Why? 

Tampa last year had Bucky's "motion W" (their athletics mark), not the stodgy (academics) W

UND should have the athletics, not the academics

Not a new logo bobo, but I gotta agree with this.

Or just say 'F it' and throw the Sioux logo on there :)

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Oh yes, surely the NCAA allows that at their event and this'll be the intermission entertainment. ;) 

bgklSC.gif

A Sioux logo is located throughout the United Center, which hosts the Frozen Four this year. Gotta love the ignorance of the NCAA that they choose a venue that displays the same logo that they banned. 

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Wisconsin Sioux said:

Why is it that when you wear this logo on a shirt, people want to give you mail?

Well, based on your moniker, because the folks around you are 'sconnies (and not so bright). 

(Sorry 'bout that burd, but it had to be done.) 

• Upvote 1

I heard the "Let's go Hawks" chant on tv as well.  I have to admit, I thought the logo looked pretty good on national tv last night.  It is starting to grow on me.  It was also nice that the national announcers never had to mention any nickname issues.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, sodaksioux said:

I heard the "Let's go Hawks" chant on tv as well.  I have to admit, I thought the logo looked pretty good on national tv last night.  It is starting to grow on me.  It was also nice that the national announcers never had to mention any nickname issues.  

It's not even 'old news' anymore to the rest of the world.  The only people keeping the flame burning are local die-hards.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

It's not even 'old news' anymore to the rest of the world.  The only people keeping the flame burning are local die-hard.

Unfortunately, it is only one sports fans as well.  I used to be one of those people, but after seeing folks like Bubba leading the charge to accept the new name, I am on board with the new name and logo.  I still wish we had a slightly more inspiring nickname, but it is what it is and we are stuck with it, so we may as well embrace it.    

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

39 minutes ago, sodaksioux said:

I was waiting for them to mention how UND was the Fighting Sioux and how the Hawks name is new, but nothing. It's in the past like Stanford was the Indians and Marquette was the Warriors. Last night it was all about being the Fighting Hawks.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1