SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

4 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Was a little nervous how the logo would work on a green background.  But the shirt in the picture put those worries to rest.  Adding the border makes it work.  

Try as you might, but you can't polish a turd.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

Image result for Don't put sugar on shit and tell me it's a brownie

I respect the hostile opinions of you and others toward the logo, but I have to ask...at what point do you stop expressing them in a non-constructive way?  I think one would have to be one hell of a miserable person to stay so negative on a single topic for so long, especially when he or she is (a) completely powerless to do anything, and (b) going to be increasingly affected by and immersed in 'the topic' for the foreseeable future.  Either that, or you're trolling.

Maybe this is a preview of life in America post-November, when a boatload of people are going to really disappointed (understatement intended) no matter who wins the election.

I think we all need a refresher on humility and acceptance.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

54 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

I respect the hostile opinions of you and others toward the logo, but I have to ask...at what point do you stop expressing them in a non-constructive way?  I think one would have to be one hell of a miserable person to stay so negative on a single topic for so long, especially when he or she is (a) completely powerless to do anything, and (b) going to be increasingly affected by and immersed in 'the topic' for the foreseeable future.  Either that, or you're trolling.

Maybe this is a preview of life in America post-November, when a boatload of people are going to really disappointed (understatement intended) no matter who wins the election.

I think we all need a refresher on humility and acceptance.

Some people will only stop complaining about not being the Sioux anymore when they're six feet under. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, dakotadan said:

The title of the thread is "what do you think of the logo now??" And you're complaining about people stating what they think about the logo now. 

There you go stating the facts again...:)

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, dakotadan said:

The title of the thread is "what do you think of the logo now??" And you're complaining about people stating what they think about the logo now. 

You can read whatever you want into it, but I would direct your attention to the word "non-constructive."  I, for one, am intrigued by the level of sustained bitterness, and I want to know if and for how long people intend to keep throwing a tantrum and lowering themselves to profanity and infantilism.  What you call a complaint, I call fascination.

• Upvote 1

As the person that started this thread, I will tell you why I asked the question and started the topic "What do you think of the logo now."  It was my intention to prove my theory that now that hoopla of releasing the new logo has come and gone and merchandise has started to become available, that peoples reactions to the new Fighting Hawks logo would be more favorable than they were just 2 months ago.  And I think that my theory proved to be true.  Just based on the voting results, 2 months ago in the initial reaction thread, only 19% of voters gave it an A or B.  In this thread, 2 months later, 30% of voters rated it an A or B.  No of course that is just a small sample, but I think is does show the bigger picture that the logo is starting to gain acceptance.  

Expecting a message board to be free of complaining?  Maybe defending the new logo as if it's your own is a bit over the top as well.  The new logo has grown on me more over the past few months . . . sure . . . but I don't expect everyone else to have that same feeling.  And for those that still dislike it, I get it.  For example, no matter how many people tell me I have to like The Beatles, I still can't stand The Beatles.

Asking blindly on a message board "what do you think" will get all of the answers you could want.  Good and Bad.

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

As the person that started this thread, I will tell you why I asked the question and started the topic "What do you think of the logo now."  It was my intention to prove my theory that now that hoopla of releasing the new logo has come and gone and merchandise has started to become available, that peoples reactions to the new Fighting Hawks logo would be more favorable than they were just 2 months ago.  And I think that my theory proved to be true.  Just based on the voting results, 2 months ago in the initial reaction thread, only 19% of voters gave it an A or B.  In this thread, 2 months later, 30% of voters rated it an A or B.  No of course that is just a small sample, but I think is does show the bigger picture that the logo is starting to gain acceptance.  

Ummm. 46% still think it's a piece of crap. (the D and F voters)