SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

8 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Unfortunately the "hockey only" crowd is falling way behind the majority of the fanbases of the rest of the sports at UND in regards to supporting the new name and logo.  50 percent Sioux gear in 20 years?  Not likely. But you can continue to not accept reality and pretend we don't have a new name and logo. #notmynickname

The hockey team will be wearing gear with the Fighting Hawks logo on it next year.  Will you?!! :D

The other "fanbases" combined don't equal the hockey fan base.

So.....Yea so!

You and your buddy should just share your happy thoughts on here about the changes you see and lay off the jabs at the people that aren't real fuzzy about them....yet!

• Downvote 3

7 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Can't imagine where that idea would come from.
The football team prominently put the logo on their helmet and incorporated quite a bit of Fighting Hawk and hawk stuff into their gameday production, not to mention the staff has been the most supportive group at the University.
The Betty was rocking with a "Let's go Hawks" chant when UND won the MBB title. 
The crowd at the REA boos any time Fighting Hawks is mentioned.

Not sure if you were thinking that no one in this thread was at the game as well, but there were A LOT of people with "Let's go Sioux" chants in that game as well as the entire year in the Betty. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, beebsb010 said:

Not sure if you were thinking that no one in this thread was at the game as well, but there were A LOT of people with "Let's go Sioux" chants in that game as well as the entire year in the Betty. 

Not many and they petered out very quickly as they realized they were greatly outnumbered. Usually one dude that yells it out out of the blue and then looks around for reactions. But, like someone said earlier, who the hell cares?  It's about UND not the University of the Fighting Hawks or whatever else you want to put int there.

Now let's shock the world tomorrow night!

• Upvote 1

I find it interesting that a logo and nickname is supposed to be a unifying symbol that the school and its fans can rally around as well as a unique brand that the school can be recognized by, so far the new logo has failed to do either. In any case Hockey fans will be the slowest to grudingly accept Postal the PC Hawk, and lest we forget that the hockey team is the heartbeat of UND atheltics, even with the move to the MVFC and Summit, no other sport will eclipse hockey at UND. So the division will continue to exist as long as hockey don't embrace Postal the PC Hawk. Its just going to take time, plain and simple. I think next year you will see the Postal Hawk logo as shoulder patch on the jersy but my guess is that will be the only change. THe new logo wouldn't look good as a primary. Oh and God help them if they try create a mascot.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

I find it interesting that a logo and nickname is supposed to be a unifying symbol that the school and its fans can rally around as well as a unique brand that the school can be recognized by...

You mean unifying like the interlocking ND that everyone "LOVED" in 2012?

• Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, 06 Sioux said:

Sarcasm ?

Nope. I like it. The name and logo grew on me. The Sioux name and logo are gone so this is a better replacement than the interlocking ND and no nickname choice. Been there done that with GFC.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

He's a Mankato fan anyway. 

Split loyalties... it happens. All I'm saying is as of right now we still have a divided fan base, its going to take time for people to accept it. It might have been easier if the name had been more unquie like Nokota's or Roughriders, but that ship has sailed.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, ArchyAlum11 said:

Split loyalties... it happens. All I'm saying is as of right now we still have a divided fan base, its going to take time for people to accept it. It might have been easier if the name had been more unquie like Nokota's or Roughriders, but that ship has sailed.

Unique like Roughriders, the name of a GF high school? Oh that's right Mankato with the same name as Omaha. Must have gotten confusing saying Let's Go Mavs when they met. 

• Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Unique like Roughriders, the name of a GF high school? Oh that's right Mankato with the same name as Omaha. Must have gotten confusing saying Let's Go Mavs when they met. 

Yea it was pretty funny actually, the student section had to adjust on the Fly, so it went from Let's go mavs to purple mav's. Actually MNSU used to be the Indians but had to change the name back in the 70's. When the change happened it was still just a small teacher's college, so a little smaller alumni base and a little less investment in the name than UND.