SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

14 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Looks like the Alerus may be upgrading to a F'N Hawks helmet :)

I wonder how they're going to do this.. either the fighting hawk logo will be backwards on the helmet, or they're going to have some numbers showing instead. Or they could flip the bird (no pun intended) and have it facing towards the facemask, which is a revision I have yet to see

18 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Looks like the Alerus may be upgrading to a F'N Hawks helmet :)

I don't have a picture, but I noticed the IPF has a new ND "Hawk" logo on the outside of the building.  Not sure if it's on both ends, but definitely on the outside of the south end.  Looked sharp!  Perhaps this is what's going up on the Alerus??

2 minutes ago, Hardcore Hawk said:

I wonder how they're going to do this.. either the fighting hawk logo will be backwards on the helmet, or they're going to have some numbers showing instead. Or they could flip the bird (no pun intended) and have it facing towards the facemask, which is a revision I have yet to see

Good point, maybe they'll remove the entire helmet and just put the new logo up there?

I've never really liked the helmet logo on the side of the Alerus.  It always seemed 'dated' to me for some reason.  As much as I didn't like the new logo initially, it is starting to grow on my a bit.  And as stated in my last post, the logo/sign on the IPF actually looks pretty good.  Wouldn't mind seeing that on the Alerus.

4 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

The indoor practice facility replaced the Notre Dame logo with the Fighting Hawks logo today.  Drove by and noticed, it looks sharp!

Edit:  I didn't notice dmksioux's post about the IPF.

Yep, Not sure when it went up, but I noticed it yesterday.  Is it on the north side as well?

38 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

That Fighting Hawks helmet is 1 for 1 as far as getting to the FCS playoffs. ;) 

And if Alerus is going to have the smushed UND (academics) logo, where's the flame in the D? 

There's a joke to be made here about putting the flame in the D, but I'll leave that to someone else.

How will you know when the new logo really, truly has made it? 

When Mafia, Oxbow, Blackheart, and our own "Abe Vigoda" are filming their own local cable access, wait, too old school, internet video podcast sittin' around a table in a GF sports bar pondering what it'll take to beat ... "daaa--Hawks!" "Daaa Hawks." < clink > 

Or maybe other great ponderables like ... 

"So if you entered a school bus in the Indy 500, but Caggiula was drivin' da bus ... "
"Jewels"
"Jewels"
"Definitely Jewels"
"DaaaA - - - HAWKS." < clink > 

• Upvote 3

Grand Forks Herald article.....good thing the University system is swimming in extra money

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/4234657-und-replaces-interlocking-nd-logo-fighting-hawk-symbol

"Johnson said the new helmet cost UND about $40,000. He said the updated signs at the High Performance Center ran at approximately $35,000."

9 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Grand Forks Herald article.....good thing the University system is swimming in extra money

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/4234657-und-replaces-interlocking-nd-logo-fighting-hawk-symbol

"Johnson said the new helmet cost UND about $40,000. He said the updated signs at the High Performance Center ran at approximately $35,000."

One could question the timing and the priorty. Someone thought it was a good idea.

1 hour ago, CMSioux said:

One could question the timing and the priorty. Someone thought it was a good idea.

True, and tough to disagree on the timing but this is something that has been in the works for quite a while. Getting those designed, approved and built takes a little bit longer than a week or two. I applaud the effort on continuing to push the new brand, even though they will take some criticism, some of which is justified.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see one or two of those things auctioned off at the Champions Ball in April similar to what they have done with other items that have been replaced.

12 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

How will you know when the new logo really, truly has made it? 

When Mafia, Oxbow, Blackheart, and our own "Abe Vigoda" are filming their own local cable access, wait, too old school, internet video podcast sittin' around a table in a GF sports bar pondering what it'll take to beat ... "daaa--Hawks!" "Daaa Hawks." < clink > 

Or maybe other great ponderables like ... 

"So if you entered a school bus in the Indy 500, but Caggiula was drivin' da bus ... "
"Jewels"
"Jewels"
"Definitely Jewels"
"DaaaA - - - HAWKS." < clink > 

I'm flattered to be mentioned with such revered company. 

That's the Power of Love.  

38 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

You're very very warm. REA is not interested in doing much of anything in the Raph or Betty for the time being when it comes to new logos, as I understand it. 

The Betty does have the large Fighting Hawks logo at the north end with all the other Big Sky logos.  The floor at the Betty will be replaced next year most likely to show a new Summit League logo.  I would assume the Fighting Hawks logo will also be added at mid court.  As far as the Ralph goes, I would anticipate a Fighting Hawks logo at center ice next year, and they be about it for now.  Which is fine.  I wouldn't say there is no interest to display the new logos, nor should their be.  You will start seeing more and more of the new logo at the Ralph/Betty in the very near future.

2 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

The Betty does have the large Fighting Hawks logo at the north end with all the other Big Sky logos.  The floor at the Betty will be replaced next year most likely to show a new Summit League logo.  I would assume the Fighting Hawks logo will also be added at mid court.  As far as the Ralph goes, I would anticipate a Fighting Hawks logo at center ice next year, and they be about it for now.  Which is fine.  I wouldn't say there is no interest to display the new logos, nor should their be.  You will start seeing more and more of the new logo at the Ralph/Betty in the very near future.

I hope you're right. I think it might be slower than you think.... not that I agree with that approach. Let's just say ...they're not enthusiastic about changes right now.