Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Siouxperfan7

What do you think of the logo now??

Fighting Hawks logo  

276 members have voted

  1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

    • A
      17
    • B
      65
    • C
      53
    • D
      37
    • F
      104


Recommended Posts

On 11/29/2018 at 11:35 AM, Cratter said:

Don't forget to stock up on Sioux gear for Christmas.

 

Wish the black Nike Swifts were on there somewhere. That was a sweet looking jersey.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After a couple of years with the new nickname, I still cannot refer to the teams as Fighting Hawks. First, if it had to be an animal, why a bird? If it had to be a bird, why the 321st rendition of a hawk? Heck there are Red Hawks playing baseball in Fargo and Blue Hawks playing NAIA in Dickinson. And then, if it had to be a hawk, why the modifier "fighting"? Hawks don't fight, in real life hawks are often chased and harassed by little birds. They try to get away.

I did buy a Fighting Hawks headcover for 1 of my golf clubs to go with the old interlocking ND ones. Still not particularly fond of the name. 

Also have a set of Brien logo headcovers, bought at the end of the Fighting Sioux era, that may make an appearance one of these days.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zonadub said:

First, if it had to be an animal, why a bird? 

So, with that avatar, you've got a thing against birds? :huh:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, zonadub said:

After a couple of years with the new nickname, I still cannot refer to the teams as Fighting Hawks. First, if it had to be an animal, why a bird? If it had to be a bird, why the 321st rendition of a hawk? Heck there are Red Hawks playing baseball in Fargo and Blue Hawks playing NAIA in Dickinson. And then, if it had to be a hawk, why the modifier "fighting"? Hawks don't fight, in real life hawks are often chased and harassed by little birds. They try to get away.

I did buy a Fighting Hawks headcover for 1 of my golf clubs to go with the old interlocking ND ones. Still not particularly fond of the name. 

Also have a set of Brien logo headcovers, bought at the end of the Fighting Sioux era, that may make an appearance one of these days.

every time someone complains about the new logo/name...........it......could....have been worse!!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

every time someone complains about the new logo/name...........it......could....have been worse!!!! 

Yup. It could've had teeth and biceps*. 

 

*The logo. Yes, the mascot roving the rink has "biceps". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, zonadub said:

 

4 hours ago, zonadub said:

And then, if it had to be a hawk, why the modifier "fighting"? Hawks don't fight, in real life hawks are often chased and harassed by little birds. They try to get away.

Well, they get chased because they ate their babies, so that’s kind of badass. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CarpeRemote said:

Well, they get chased because they ate their babies, so that’s kind of badass. 

I think of this after reading that. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CarpeRemote said:

Well, they get chased because they ate their babies, so that’s kind of badass. 

This is quite hostile. Abusive. and would make for some awkward cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, zonadub said:

After a couple of years with the new nickname, I still cannot refer to the teams as Fighting Hawks. First, if it had to be an animal, why a bird? If it had to be a bird, why the 321st rendition of a hawk? Heck there are Red Hawks playing baseball in Fargo and Blue Hawks playing NAIA in Dickinson. And then, if it had to be a hawk, why the modifier "fighting"? Hawks don't fight, in real life hawks are often chased and harassed by little birds. They try to get away.

I did buy a Fighting Hawks headcover for 1 of my golf clubs to go with the old interlocking ND ones. Still not particularly fond of the name. 

Also have a set of Brien logo headcovers, bought at the end of the Fighting Sioux era, that may make an appearance one of these days.

 

tenor.gif

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

So, with that avatar, you've got a thing against birds? :huh:

Busted. Good one, Sica. However, I didn't call for the UND teams to be called the roadrunners. Had a coyote avatar (also the Warner Bros cartoon character) first, but got confused as being a South Dakota Coyote on this board. Just a tip of the cap to the local wildlife where we now live.

 

4 hours ago, CarpeRemote said:

Well, they get chased because they ate their babies, so that’s kind of badass. 

Not sure eating babies is badass

 

6 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

every time someone complains about the new logo/name...........it......could....have been worse!!!! 

You are correct. It could have ... been... The Fighting Dave K's or the Firing Darells. :D

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, zonadub said:

Not sure eating babies is badass

Baby+the+other+other+white+meat+_150d11e

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

File this in the “missed logo opportunities” folder.

Halifax Thunderbirds (Lacrosse).  I would love this look for UND (minus the lightning bolt of course).

The feathers are a great addition and the stern look is reminiscent of the ‘disappointed dad’ from the St. Louis Football Cardinals. 

93141485-057E-40EF-B68F-750E88EF40E9.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×