SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

20 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

One opinion, but I don't like it at all.  The crinkled nose, the mess of lines and colors reminds me of a 90s era logo you may find on an elementary school gym wall. The odd mismatched fonts don't help with the final product either.  Finally, imagine the mess for a company trying to replicate this on shirts, hats, etc.

And the not so subtle arrow head is amature hour

I like the inclusion of color.  I think one of the issues with the new logo for me is going from such a colorful bright logo to such a white (in my opinion) boring logo.  I realize it is a hawk so you have limited options and I certainly don't want to see a green hawk but I like the idea of having some texture through feathers.  If we could find a way to add some more color to our logo perhaps I would like it better...

• Upvote 1

I will say again that I like our new logo. I am a life long North Dakota resident. UND grad back in the day. Never wished for a change but am trying to embrace the situation. I only buy new Fighting Hawk gear and I wear it proudly. I also will continue to wear my Sioux hockey jersey until or if I purchase a new one. The new one will not be a Sioux jersey.

22 hours ago, BigGreyAnt41 said:

What about the veterans who also would yell “Sioux” at the end of the anthem?  I’ve personally sat next to Vietnam vets who would yell it just as loud as everybody.

As a veteran, I am not offended by the home of the Sioux. Just me. Actually, as a veteran, didn't we served to protect the freedoms we enjoy today? Meaning people have the right to yell home of the Sioux at the end of the anthem. 

12246593_1488256788143481_4921273656659785088_n.jpg

• Upvote 3

Final thoughts on the newBB Hawks logo making its way on social media:

1. Agreed the font he used needs to be modified regarding “North Dakota” and even “Hawks” (he can do better) good attempt, though. I appreciate his artwork very much! 

2. The subtle Sioux head in the feathers is pure genius!!! Honors the past tradition of UND (who obviously was once the Fighting Sioux) and transitions or even transforms into the new logo/nickname The Fighting Hawks. It gives a reason for the Sioux logo die hards to embrace the new logo and change. End result, finally, now the majority nickname/logo supporters will be no longer divided. Hey, UND Business school, maybe I’ll now donate future cash to the school as a donation. When’s the Gamble Hall renovation going to happen? I’ve always loved that one...... 1f609.png;-)

3. I will never own or buy any current Fighting Hawks apparel. Why? Because the minority controlled the outcome during this whole process and it is not what the majority of UND fans, supporters, alumni, you name it, WANTED. I would have supported just “North Dakota” or being the “Fighting Hawks” had they done an aviation (plane) logo (no one ever brought that up, and obviously never came to fruition). 

In addition, current Fighting Hawks logo looks like the US Postal Service logo meets Dove (soap) logo. It's super “cheap” looking on (black) hats, shirts, zip ups etc. *See Bubba (UNDs head football coach) apparel on interviews or game days etc. With that said, it is a unique design, I’ll give the marketing firm some credit there... However, overall, it’s a dumpster fire. Final comment, before people claim I’m the typical “Sioux” die hard logo fan. I still have purchased “UND” apparel, or “North Dakota”’ merchandise over the last 8 years or so... I have bought a hat, some t-shirts etc. (I prefer the Dacotah legacy stuff, though) 

Bottom line/final thoughts: “Current” logo is very average at best ... One will say, “Open your mind” (have an open mind) In response, I say, "I do", “open your eyes, it’s garbage!"

* This coming from a UND marketing alumnus that has a keen eye for design and attention to detail (probably have some spelling/grammar errors in this post, I’m aware) So let’s hear the response, complaining/bitching feedback. I’m “open” to it. 1f642.png:-)

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, SiouxForever said:

3. I will never own or buy any current Fighting Hawks apparel. Why? Because the minority controlled the outcome during this whole process and it is not what the majority of UND fans, supporters, alumni, you name it, WANTED. I would have supported just “North Dakota” or being the “Fighting Hawks” had they done an aviation (plane) logo (no one ever brought that up, and obviously never came to fruition). 

I actually submitted the nickname Jets to go with our aviation and GFAFB but of course it got wiped out in favor of stupid ones like Sundogs. 

2 hours ago, SiouxForever said:

1. Agreed the font he used needs to be modified regarding “North Dakota” and even “Hawks” (he can do better) good attempt, though. I appreciate his artwork very much! 

2. The subtle Sioux head in the feathers is pure genius!!! Honors the past tradition of UND (who obviously was once the Fighting Sioux) and transitions or even transforms into the new logo/nickname The Fighting Hawks. It gives a reason for the Sioux logo die hards to embrace the new logo and change. End result, finally, now the majority nickname/logo supporters will be no longer divided. Hey, UND Business school, maybe I’ll now donate future cash to the school as a donation. When’s the Gamble Hall renovation going to happen? I’ve always loved that one...... 1f609.png;-)

In addition, current Fighting Hawks logo looks like the US Postal Service logo meets Dove (soap) logo. It's super “cheap” looking on (black) hats, shirts, zip ups etc. *See Bubba (UNDs head football coach) apparel on interviews or game days etc. With that said, it is a unique design, I’ll give the marketing firm some credit there... However, overall, it’s a dumpster fire. Final comment, before people claim I’m the typical “Sioux” die hard logo fan. I still have purchased “UND” apparel, or “North Dakota”’ merchandise over the last 8 years or so... I have bought a hat, some t-shirts etc. (I prefer the Dacotah legacy stuff, though) 

Bottom line/final thoughts: “Current” logo is very average at best ... One will say, “Open your mind” (have an open mind) In response, I say, "I do", “open your eyes, it’s garbage!"

* This coming from a UND marketing alumnus that has a keen eye for design and attention to detail (probably have some spelling/grammar errors in this post, I’m aware) So let’s hear the response, complaining/bitching feedback. I’m “open” to it. 1f642.png:-)

One mans genius is another mans corny as !@#$

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, John W. said:

As a veteran, on this Veteran's Day, I was at the UND FB game yesterday....was pleased to hear no 'Home of the Sioux' at end of anthem....as a veteran I am offended by the obliteration of the word 'brave' at the end of the anthem....I get that it's fun for 'college kids full of alcohol' to say that phrase....but adults...come on...snow some respect to veterans....

Only place you hear it in force is at hockey games....I wonder who the FS crowd is made at...NCAA, Native Americans?????  NCAA allowed 3 universities to retain their nick name....Florida State, Utah, and Illinois...….how come ?   Must be Native American tribes fault then!!!!

As a veteran as well, I’ll suggest you go pound sand.

Using your vet capital for such frivolous positions is a complete disrespect to your own service. Reminds me of a guy who would throw tantrums at a retail store when he wouldn’t get his way, then go put on his veterans hat and vest and come back in and make a scene of the “treatment of a vet” until some dim witted manager gave in to his childish rantings. Pathetic.

Have some respect for yourself, and stop patronizing the freedom of others opinions, for God sake, that’s what we where defending wasn’t it?

• Upvote 4

On 11/11/2018 at 8:29 AM, John W. said:

As a veteran, on this Veteran's Day, I was at the UND FB game yesterday....was pleased to hear no 'Home of the Sioux' at end of anthem....as a veteran I am offended by the obliteration of the word 'brave' at the end of the anthem....I get that it's fun for 'college kids full of alcohol' to say that phrase....but adults...come on...snow some respect to veterans....

Only place you hear it in force is at hockey games....I wonder who the FS crowd is made at...NCAA, Native Americans?????  NCAA allowed 3 universities to retain their nick name....Florida State, Utah, and Illinois...….how come ?   Must be Native American tribes fault then!!!!

couldn't agree more.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, John W. said:

Head count....

I’m not offended

4 hours ago, SiouxForever said:

Gee, SiouxForever, why would any label you like that!! :wink::D

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, SiouxForever said:

Right on!!  Especially the aviation logo sentence.