SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

22 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

So to recap the above poll, 70% of SiouxSports members give the FHawk logo a 'C' grade or lower.  Time to board this thread up...;)

The minority is always right so go easy Chuck Shumer............  :wink:

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Well, the title of the thread is "What do you think of the logo now?"  So, since "now" is always in the present, it is open to everyones current opinion on the matter at that time!!:D

Edit......We did it!!  100 pages!!     90siouxfan, pop the champagne!! 

Congrats on being the one to hit 100, Siouxperfan7!

Also, another milestone was just reached; darell has just clicked his one millionth downvote!  

Champagne for everyone!

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Name one other sport where the team has even an inkling of a snowballs chance in hell of winning their sports' overall championship.  Confrence banners are nice, and cute but really there is ZERO chance these sports get a true Natty... Zero. Not even a possibility. Ever. 

Truth bomb .....

131st place isn't a D1 natty, its an accomplishment, but its JV, its the Pembina B-squad tourney, it's the second tier....

It's Division II with a shiny new name, and an exponentially higher bill.

Hydrogen truth bomb, more American care about FCS football than college hockey. A true D1 championship against a field jam packed with d2 and d3 schools? Sounds really legit now that you mention it. You should probably donate more so we can actually make the tournament this year and lose to legit powerhouse Minnesota - Duluth. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

8 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Hydrogen truth bomb, more American care about FCS football than college hockey. A true D1 championship against a field jam packed with d2 and d3 schools? Sounds really legit now that you mention it. You should probably donate more so we can actually make the tournament this year and lose to legit powerhouse Minnesota - Duluth. 

Cool yes FCS has more fan total viewership... awesome... im happy for them.

That is an irrelevant fact. Means nothing. in the grand scheme of things it does not change either of...

1: There is never going to be a successful top tier of sport college football, basketball, volleyball, or any other team in Grand Forks. 

It. Is. Not. Going. To. Happen. 

let alone competing for a championship in that division. 

2: There is not a higher tier non-professional tleague of hockey in the world than what we have in GF. 

Be thankful for what we have.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

That is an irrelevant fact. Means nothing. in the grand scheme of things it does not change either of...

1: There is never going to be a successful top tier of sport college football, basketball, volleyball, or any other team in Grand Forks. 

2: There is not a higher tier non-professional tleague of hockey in the world than what we have in GF. 

So let’s drop all programs and just have hockey. Hell let’s drop down and be a Michigan Tech, Minnesota Duluth or better yet, let’s be an Alaska-Anchorage and drop football. Put all athletic funds into hockey, bring back the Sioux name cause sanctions will be pointless as we won’t see playoffs in other sports, all in the name of DI hockey. Is that what you wish for with your bashing of UND athletics?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Pretty easy to argue for major junior as they pull way more top draft picks than NCAA.

25 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Pretty easy to argue for major junior as they pull way more top draft picks than NCAA.

I suppose the NFL gets more picks from FBS?  Personally I think this argument is like 3 six seeing who can piss the highest over each others heads, but carry on, it is amusing at the least.

17 hours ago, Blackheart said:

So to recap the above poll, 70% of SiouxSports members give the FHawk logo a 'C' grade or lower.  Time to board this thread up...;)

Or 63% of respondents give it a passing (D or higher) grade. 

Someone once said, "The fastest way to make nobody happy is to try to make everybody happy". 

I'll say it again:

There were a lot of things to gripe about in the process. Undoubtedly. But, now we're griping about strictly internal matters. We are NOT griping about how and when the NCAA will sanction UND or who'll be next to not schedule UND or what next event will be blown out of proportion and blamed on a logo. As a bonus, Leigh Jeanotte and his crew's soap box was removed.

I may not find the new nickname or logo as inspiring as they could be, but I still smile a smile when I see it thinking about how it's better than all the NCAA/schedule/political/bad PR problems of the past. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Or 63% of respondents give it a passing (D or higher) grade. 

Someone once said, "The fastest way to make nobody happy is to try to make everybody happy". 

I'll say it again:

There were a lot of things to gripe about in the process. Undoubtedly. But, now we're griping about strictly internal matters. We are NOT griping about how and when the NCAA will sanction UND or who'll be next to not schedule UND or what next event will be blown out of proportion and blamed on a logo. As a bonus, Leigh Jeanotte and his crew's soap box was removed.

I may not find the new nickname or logo as inspiring as they could be, but I still smile a smile when I see it thinking about how it's better than all the NCAA/schedule/political/bad PR problems of the past. 

"D's get Degrees" :wink:

23 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

"clip"   As a bonus, Leigh Jeanotte and his crew's soap box was removed.  "clip"

And to this end, I would like to raise a glass of our very best champagne.  Must be impressed with their modern day coup on their ancestral nemesis and bamboozle the most self applauding intellects of the day.  

1 hour ago, 90siouxfan said:

I suppose the NFL gets more picks from FBS?  Personally I think this argument is like 3 six seeing who can piss the highest over each others heads, but carry on, it is amusing at the least.

I’m not a fan of the argument either but I’m less of a fan of ignorant pricks who like to !@#$ on programs at the university they supposedly support.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

This was in today's Grand Forks Herald in the opinon page. I've never heard of Tom Ford but here is what he said

I know prospective students are turned away from UND due to negativity surrounding the school, and that the logo is still a controversy - it has become exhausting to current students as well. We cannot allow such things to deter UND's growth.

6 minutes ago, FSSD said:

Whats the controversy?  The new nickname sucks period.

I really like the new nickname, but then again, I really liked the Fighting Sioux name, as well ...because.... well, it was UND — the school I love and cherish.  End of story for me. 

• Upvote 2