SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

It has been almost 2 months since the new Fighting Hawks logo has been released.  I am wondering if people reactions have evolved since the release of the logo.  Now that we seen it on different applications like merchandise and on the helmet, I am curious to see if peoples feelings toward the new logo are more favorable now as compared to their initial reaction.

fhawk.JPG

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Hayduke said:

On a scale of 5, I went from a low of 1 to a 3.  It's still going to be second at best to the O'Brien logo.  But, I'm warming up a bit.

Using your scale I went from a 2.1 to a 3.1. Gritted my teeth a lot less once I saw it on actual merchandise and on the football helmet.

About all you can hope for from a 1.2 name

• Upvote 2

I think it's very likely that we will see some modifications to the current logo and there will be a new logo in 5 years time. I have seen a modified version of the logo on the forums that would be a good shoulder patch logo. I think what got most people was how corporate the current logo looks and the fact that there was only one logo, I was expecting a primary logo and 1-2 secondary logos.  I think eventually people will tolerate the new logo mostly out sheer fatigue over the whole nickname and logo issue, as far as accepting and embracing it that is a harder thing to predict. The Dakota legacy collection  is sure to keep the people who don't like the new name or logo buying UND stuff.

• Upvote 1

I think instead of people liking it more now than they did initially, the expectations people had for a new logo have been lowered, and ideas for how and how often to use it have been diminished.  After the reveal, I've noticed many have said they are ok with it with caveats such as: only a shoulder patch, use it similar to how you would use a secondary logo, change the border, the D (or is it an O?), and, if we make it as small as possible on apparel, it's ok. 

If that's considered progress and people warming up to it, so be it.   

I know people aren't crazy about the arm pit coloring of the hockey jerseys; maybe the logo could go there?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

I think instead of people liking it more now than they did initially, the expectations people had for a new logo have been lowered, and ideas for how and how often to use it have been diminished.  After the reveal, I've noticed many have said they are ok with it with caveats such as: only a shoulder patch, use it similar to how you would use a secondary logo, change the border, the D (or is it an O?), and, if we make it as small as possible on apparel, it's ok. 

If that's considered progress and people warming up to it, so be it.   

I know people aren't crazy about the arm pit coloring of the hockey jerseys; maybe the logo could go there?

I haven't seen the new jersys. Could you post pictures or a link to them?

2 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

... the expectations people had for a new logo have been lowered ... 

I'll disagree. Like I said before, after an uninspiring name my expectations for a logo could not have been lower. They beat them. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'll disagree. Like I said before, after an uninspiring name my expectations for a logo could not have been lower. They beat them. 

Didn't mean unanimously; just my observation of what's been said repeatedly on this site and in conversations with fellow fans since the unveiling of the dove bar of soap logo. 

• Upvote 1