SiouxSports.com Forum

NoiseInsideMyHead

Speaking of cars (and not politics), the Herald has an interesting editorial on the one license plate versus two debate presently before the legislature.  

According to cars.com, there were still 31 states that required both front and rear plates as of 2012. The website also notes that cost savings for states are minimal.

Leave the law as it is. There’s just no good reason to change it.

If that is the best rationale they can come up with, how about the fact that 49 states allow pharmacies to be owned by out-of-state entities, and the fact that 49 states allow stores like Target and Walmart to open before noon on Sunday.  Majority rules...let's get North Dakota out of the dark ages.

North Dakota may have the strictest remaining blue law of the United States.

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Speaking of cars (and not politics), the Herald has an interesting editorial on the one license plate versus two debate presently before the legislature.  

If that is the best rationale they can come up with, how about the fact that 49 states allow pharmacies to be owned by out-of-state entities, and the fact that 49 states allow stores like Target and Walmart to open before noon on Sunday.  Majority rules...let's get North Dakota out of the dark ages.

Just remember you can't buy alcohol in Minnesota on Sunday's. Talk about dark ages. :blink:

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

The bill to allow one license plate was killed yesterday.  I guess those who don't want to use a front license plate will just have to continue ignoring the law (I used to be one of them, and will be again if I ever buy another vehicle that doesn't already have the front license plate bracket installed).

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

What the ever-living f*** is this?

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/4263453-slow-your-roll-grand-forks-leaders-consider-lower-speed-limits-town

If this passes, I will be the first to sign a recall petition for my city councilor.

Yes, people aren't driving fast enough so reduce it even further.  So if we get everyone to drive faster can they increase the speed limits? How can anybody think the speed limits in this town need to be reduced?

10 minutes ago, tnt said:

Yes, people aren't driving fast enough so reduce it even further.  So if we get everyone to drive faster can they increase the speed limits? How can anybody think the speed limits in this town need to be reduced?

They just said on WDAZ that they measured speeds during "non-peak" times. Yeah, blue hairs driving to and from their appointments at Altru. WTF! I can guarantee they weren't measuring my speed anywhere. The city's traffic engineer is an incompetent twit. (That is hardly news.)

16 minutes ago, tnt said:

If they want more weaving in and out of traffic, go ahead and reduce the speed limit even further.  

On the plus side, slower traffic will give everyone additional time to more fully appreciate the Swiss clock-like, ultra-precise synchronization of the stoplights.

can anyone explain to me why a stop sign was put up on the demers ave exchange by the fire station ...used to be a yield sign then a couple years ago they totally redid the road and put a stop sign up...such a good use of money

2 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

On the plus side, slower traffic will give everyone additional time to more fully appreciate the Swiss clock-like, ultra-precise synchronization of the stoplights.

Stoplights are my nemesis. I avoid them at all costs. :glare:

8 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

If there is a white border around the red stop sign, you don't need to stop! ;)

That's only if there's a US flag with gold fringe flying in visible distance from the sign. ;) 

Earlier this spring if you would've asked me what roads in GF  DO NOT need any work done this summer, I would have said Demers and the new portion of Columbia....anddddd what is the very first road they start working on?! Demers.

Can someone please explain this to me? 

19 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

When are they going to redo 42nd street from University to Gateway?  That's been bad for 10+ years.

Found the answer.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/local/4263783-speed-limit-changes-get-early-nod-grand-forks-committee

Committee members also heard an update on a road project at North 42nd Street expected to rebuild a section of the road between University Avenue and Gateway Drive during the 2018 construction season.

On May 10, 2017 at 0:17 PM, dmksioux said:

Looks like Mayor Brown thinks fixing streets/potholes is more important than lowering speed limits.  Good for him.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/local/4264796-speed-limits-will-not-be-lowered-grand-forks-mayor-says

Ever since his packing heat picture I can't take him seriously. He should take a new one wearing overals with a pick ax slung over his shoulder. 

• 4 months later...

I'll often watch Doug DeMuro on Youtube review all sorts of cars. He's pretty entertaining and has a large variety of cars he reviews. He has about a million subscribers.

I was a little shocked when I clicked on him reviewing a $400,000 Lexus in a UND Fighting Hawk tshirt.

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, Cratter said:

I'll often watch Doug DeMuro on Youtube review all sorts of cars. He's pretty entertaining and has a large variety of cars he reviews. He has about a million subscribers.

I was a little shocked when I clicked on him reviewing a $400,000 Lexus in a UND Fighting Hawk tshirt.

Doug is awesome. He came through ND on a cross-country drive last year, and had a meet-up at the Fargodome where people gave him stuff. That shirt pops up in videos every now and again, and almost always elicits a reaction or two in the comments.

• Upvote 2