SiouxSports.com Forum

2016-17 Season

SWSiouxMN

14 hours ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Couldn't get the ball up court against the press. 

This.  Seemed SUU decided at halftime to surprise us with a full-court press and it worked nicely.  We got over the top of it just once that I remember (Dyer). Shows we are out-of-practice on press handling, but something tells me we won't be again.

I give SUU's coaching staff credit for finding the right strategy, but also credit to our players for their resolve.  They withstood a long line of frustrations and still found a way at the end. 

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 0:03 PM, fightingsioux4life said:

If we have trouble beating bad teams at home, how will we fare against good teams at the Big Sky Tournament in Reno, NV?

We won't have to wait long to answer your question.  at UNC, EWU and Idaho next two weeks.  1st, 4th and 5th in the conference standings. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, nodakvindy said:

They need to work on putting teams away.

They haven't put away enough teams for you this year?  Seems like a forced complaint to me.  So many pluses to point out and you find a negative.

Bottom line: UND just went into the conference leader's house and completely took care of business, stealing away 1st place and instead of celebrating you let out a groan.

• Upvote 2