SiouxSports.com Forum

2018-2019 Recruiting

UND Fan

10 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

We have one more spot open in this class correct? With only Eikens so far coming in and we lose Seales and Avants. I know people have mentioned it would be nice to get a true PG on this team (Jamal Webb). Any PGs to watch for or any other position?

Last fall when we landed Eikens, I know we thought there was a very good chance of also getting a commitment from a "big".  I don't know who it was or if he is still available.  

I have no inside information on this but I would think we will lose at least one guard during the offseason so a good PG would be good.  However, if we only do have one scholarship available, I would prefer to use it on a big - someone to replace Avants.  Rebraca needs to stay at the 4 and I don't think Schmidt will be ready to step in yet.  

24 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

Last fall when we landed Eikens, I know we thought there was a very good chance of also getting a commitment from a "big".  I don't know who it was or if he is still available.  

I have no inside information on this but I would think we will lose at least one guard during the offseason so a good PG would be good.  However, if we only do have one scholarship available, I would prefer to use it on a big - someone to replace Avants.  Rebraca needs to stay at the 4 and I don't think Schmidt will be ready to step in yet.  

I’m assuming if we lose a guard it would likely be Davids or Bentiu? Unless you’re thinking maybe Stewart will do the whole grad transfer route.

40 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

When I looked at Verbal Commits (usually they are pretty accurate) it seemed UND had 2 to play with, unless they plan to give one to a non-scholarship player. 

However I do agree with the two needs.  I would find it hard to believe that everyone would come back next year.  I would do whatever it takes to keep Rebraca at the 4.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/24/2018 at 1:01 AM, UND Fan said:

A busy day - along with Wilson and Barisic, there were two other offers:

PF Wilson - 6'7", 210, a graduate of Hoover HS in IA, he started all 30 games and averaged 14 & 6 as a freshman at Kirkwood CC.  Shot 69% from the field (outstanding) and 46% from the line (not outstanding!).  Has offer from SDSU.

PF Barisic - 6'9", from Croatia.  Played his freshman year at Highland CC in IL.  Unable to find any stats.  Has offers from NIU, WIU, Jacksonville St, UTSA, SF Austin & UNC-Ashville.

SG Nicolas Elame - 6'3", 185 from France.  Playing at Villa Vista Prep in AZ.  It appears he averaged about 15 points last year.  Has offers from SUU,  UTEP, Fresno St & UCSB.

PF Tim Adetukasi, 6'6", 220, from the UK.  Played for a HS in CA last year.  It appears he will play at Greenwood Christian Academy in IN this year.  No known offers.

Barisic will play at UTSA.

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

What do you know about him and our chances of landing or going for him?

One of the better PG in the state, average 20 ppg his junior and senior year.  Can play decent defense.  Little on the shorter side 6'0 but can run the show. 

Open his recruitment after Evans left ISU.  It didn't look like UND offered, but he would be a massive upgrade at the 1 spot with what we got so far.   I have no idea on chances, but I would certainly love to land him. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 6:47 PM, sioux24/7 said:

Damn. Any other PG or C targets to look out for? Also, is Eikens on campus? Saw the tweet from the basketball account noting he’s been with them for a short time. 

Answering my own question, depending on how accurate VerbalCommits is, it looks like we have two open spots for this class and we have an offer out to Semaj Henderson (PG) and Jermaine Hamlin (C) that could fill some of the voids.

Also, it appears Eikens is on campus and somehow broke his leg.

On 8/21/2018 at 5:59 PM, UND Fan said:

New offer:

C Emmanuel Ugboh, 7', 245, Lagos (Iowa Western CC), Nigeria   Has offers from Kent ST, MO St & ETSU

Started all games as a freshman - averaged 6 pts & 6 boards. 

Ugboh will play to Tulsa.

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 11:26 AM, sioux24/7 said:

Answering my own question, depending on how accurate VerbalCommits is, it looks like we have two open spots for this class and we have an offer out to Semaj Henderson (PG) and Jermaine Hamlin (C) that could fill some of the voids.

Also, it appears Eikens is on campus and somehow broke his leg.

Well that's great, hope he can recover and be an impact player this year. 

I'm torn on the approach for UND and these two scholarship left (if Verbals is correct)

These are two positions that are very important for UND (PG and C).  If done correctly, in a wide open Summit League next year, there is no question that UND can be one of the teams that can contend.  The problem is, what is the correct approach.

The two players mentioned here look to be solid players but we don't know their interest level in coming here.  They do have some other Summit offers (Henderson with WIU and USD, Hamlin with Fort Wayne).  I like Henderson a lot as a scoring point guard who can run the show, but his size is concerning (weight wise).  Hamlin appears to be another raw type player who is very solid defensively but the offensive game is a bit of a work (from what I have read).  

Do you grab 2 freshman and expect them to be the difference makers in climbing the Summit? Or do you take a chance with a JUCO transfer (which outside of Baldwin and flashes of Traylor, Jones hasn't done all that well).  Or do you strike it with a guy from a different program who is immediately eligible.  I'd love to see a mix, bring in a freshman guard and strike the transfer for a BIG post player.  Or I perhaps raid the BSC and see if Brandon Boyd would be interested in coming here for a year.

Of course, if and when UND gets hit with the transfer bug, this abacus will change. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2018 at 1:01 AM, UND Fan said:

iA busy day - along with Wilson and Barisic, there were two other offers:

PF Wilson - 6'7", 210, a graduate of Hoover HS in IA, he started all 30 games and averaged 14 & 6 as a freshman at Kirkwood CC.  Shot 69% from the field (outstanding) and 46% from the line (not outstanding!).  Has offer from SDSU.

PF Barisic - 6'9", from Croatia.  Played his freshman year at Highland CC in IL.  Unable to find any stats.  Has offers from NIU, WIU, Jacksonville St, UTSA, SF Austin & UNC-Ashville.

SG Nicolas Elame - 6'3", 185 from France.  Playing at Villa Vista Prep in AZ.  It appears he averaged about 15 points last year.  Has offers from SUU,  UTEP, Fresno St & UCSB.

PF Tim Adetukasi, 6'6", 220, from the UK.  Played for a HS in CA last year.  It appears he will play at Greenwood Christian Academy in IN this year.  No known offers.

I would guess that we no longer have an offer out to him but Elame will play at UT Arlington.

On 8/3/2018 at 9:32 PM, UND Fan said:

A big out of WI offerred:

PF David Skogman, 6'10“, 200, Waukesha (West), WI Has offers from Sam Houston St, Rice, LIU, Air Force, Lafayette, UW- Green Bay, Furman, American, Bucknell & UW-Milwaukee

Skogman will play for Buffalo.

• 1 month later...