• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

10 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Three of these things belong together
Three of these things are kind of the same
Can you guess which one of these doesn't belong here?
Now it's time to play our game (time to play our game).

OK boys and girls.  Can you figure out which logo doesn't have an "O" in it? :D

O logos.jpg

The VD logo doesn't have an O in it. 

• Upvote 2

On 7/18/2016 at 10:22 AM, Siouxperfan7 said:

New UND Insider adapted logo.  Not bad.

insider.jpg

It's still a corporate looking logo to me, not so much for athletics, but it's pretty sharp.

I hope one day they find a way to pull that hawk out of the ND and find a way to allow it to stand alone.  Perhaps a few small, tiny details (like the black tips of the feathers someone had added earlier) might help turn that into an ok athletic logo.

At Scheels in GF between soccer matches killing time. In the UND section and there is big "SALE" rack so I started looking thru it. Went through 40 consecutive garments and 31 had "Fighting Hawks" on them. Asked an associate on what is selling more....just clothing with just "UND" on it or anything with "F-n Hawks" on it? She didn't seem to want to answer but finally said just "UND" clothing probably out selling "F-n Hawks" 3 to 1........but I'm sure that will change once the new sweet logo is added. Right???

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

At Scheels in GF between soccer matches killing time. In the UND section and there is big "SALE" rack so I started looking thru it. Went through 40 consecutive garments and 31 had "Fighting Hawks" on them. Asked an associate on what is selling more....just clothing with just "UND" on it or anything with "F-n Hawks" on it? She didn't seem to want to answer but finally said just "UND" clothing probably out selling "F-n Hawks" 3 to 1........but I'm sure that will change once the new sweet logo is added. Right???

I actually like the new logo better than the name. The new wordsmith of the name also is a better look, as well. It is still going to be an adjustment period, but it is growing on me. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Cool.  

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Cool.  

Found it interesting based on first hand knowledge and observations by someone who sees what moves and what doesn't............not wild speculation which you are a fan of.

19 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Found it interesting based on first hand knowledge and observations by someone who sees what moves and what doesn't............not wild speculation which you are a fan of.

That is interesting, no doubt about it.  Any way you slice it.

Is there gear with the new logo?

I would imagine it would sell better than without.  It's going to take time, but I think it will eventually take hold and sell at a respectable volume.  

Heck, I'm even starting to warm up a bit.  At least to some of the unofficial altered versions.