SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U diaries

Vegas_Sioux

8 hours ago, bison73 said:

NDSU doesnt like to fire a coach with time remaining on a contract from what Ive seen. They dont like buyouts. I thought it was equally stupid as well. But it might have been a strategy to move her out as she new she was gone which may have forced her hand as she did leave. The move to hire Lopez is paying off as they won the tournament this week end.

I don't think they'd hesitate to cut ties with a football or men's basketball coach if there were struggles but fortunately for you guys, that hasn't been an issue. It's been clear they will let a coach run WBB and VB into the ground though. 

From box scores, it appears the interim coach is doing a much better job, may work out for them in the end but still is a headscratcher on the surface. 

On 5/18/2017 at 8:32 AM, jdub27 said:

Guess we've located at least one spot where NDSU is cutting funds. Their lame duck volleyball coach, who was already told her contract won't be renewed after this coming season, is leaving to take the head coaching job with Southern Illinois of the MVC. It looks like SIU has consistently had been in the upper half of the conference and had an RPI of 71 this past season, so they are definitely no bottom dweller.

Instead of doing a national search now, they are waiting until the end of next season and choosing to put the interim tag on a current assistant coach who's resume includes 2 year's on NDSU's bench and 2 years coaching Fargo high schools (though she is a successful former NDSU player). 

The existing coach was thankfully not renewed.  Never accomplishing must of anything in her tenure.  She can be thankful she was not term'ed 2-3 years ago.   As for the interim coach . . . It's Lopez who played for our most successful coach/team ever.  If you had any knowledge of history, you wouldn't question that move.  If she is not able to take the ball and run, then open it up . . . I totally agree with the move.  

Clearly you don't understand the situation.  I'm not surprised.

10 minutes ago, Herd said:

The existing coach was thankfully not renewed.  Never accomplishing must of anything in her tenure.  She can be thankful she was not term'ed 2-3 years ago.   As for the interim coach . . . It's Lopez who played for our most successful coach/team ever.  If you had any knowledge of history, you wouldn't question that move.  If she is not able to take the ball and run, then open it up . . . I totally agree with the move.  

IMG_0632.JPG

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Herd said:

We all understand your women's basketball and volleyball teams are !@#!$. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Herd said:

No I fully understand. NDSU came out a year ahead of time and announced the head coach was a lame duck. When she left, instead of doing a national search, they promoted an unexperienced coach (who I agree was an excellent player) and named her interim coach and then said they would do a search at the end of the upcoming season. I don't think it's strange to question a D-1 program hiring a coach with minimal experience (2 years high school, one of which was as an assistant, and 2 years as the 2nd assistant at NDSU) instead of actually opening up a search. On top of that, it appears instead of giving her 2 assistant coaches like the previous staff had, she gets 1 assistant and a Grad Assistant.

3 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Gotta laugh at the rubes pumping Moo U's trouncing of MVSU as proof they should move up. Montana beat that team 67-7 last year and finished 6-5. Not saying Moo U will finish poorly, but beating the piss out of MVSU proves nothing. 

MVSU did win ONE game last year, I guess they are a powerhouse.

9 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Gotta laugh at the rubes pumping Moo U's trouncing of MVSU as proof they should move up. Montana beat that team 67-7 last year and finished 6-5. Not saying Moo U will finish poorly, but beating the piss out of MVSU proves nothing. 

#buttJerryRice

46 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

But remember only they can use injuries as an excuse, no one else can. 

McFeely's already setting up your theory.

Here's his last paragraph  " An already difficult path back to the top of FCS was going to be tough regardless. It’s going to be tougher now without a pair of Big Knockers. What if the Bison lose a couple more? "

Also in the middle of his article he does use your excuse that without 2 certain injuries last year, they could of beat JMU. The Bizon cry babies will just eat this $hit right up.  JMU beat NDSU accross the board, that game is over.

In fact NDSU shouldn't be ranked as high as they are. They have a cupcake schedule at home except for SD, which will give them one hell of a battle. Remember SD beat them in Fargo 2 years ago.

22 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

McFeely's already setting up your theory.

Here's his last paragraph  " An already difficult path back to the top of FCS was going to be tough regardless. It’s going to be tougher now without a pair of Big Knockers. What if the Bison lose a couple more? "

Also in the middle of his article he does use your excuse that without 2 certain injuries last year, they could of beat JMU. The Bizon cry babies will just eat this $hit right up.  JMU beat NDSU accross the board, that game is over.

In fact NDSU shouldn't be ranked as high as they are. They have a cupcake schedule at home except for SD, which will give them one hell of a battle. Remember SD beat them in Fargo 2 years ago.

Who would you rank ahead of NDSU?

Just now, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

E Wash who you have next week.

JMU who beat you 2 games ago.

SDSU who beat you during last season.

Youngstown St who made it to NC finals

Eastern Washington? That situation will play itself out this week, but based on their performance they might just be having a down year. I think EWU might miss the playoffs this year. So disagree there.

JMU is ranked ahead of NDSU(correctly)so that's a moot point.

SDSU you say they beat NDSU and then fail to mention NDSU trounced them when it counts. They may be good this year, we'll see. No reason to rank them ahead of NDSU at this point in the season.

youngstown lost a ton, they may not make the playoffs this year.

Anyone else?

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

How about everyone worry about their own house and things will sort themselves out. 

http://mcfeely.areavoices.com/2017/09/04/the-odds-it-appears-are-finally-catching-up-to-ndsu/ 

Time to fire their strength and condition coach, right?  That's always the guy responsible.  (I am kidding or course)

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, tnt said:

Not quite sure what the situation was, but what was the reason Clive Georges and Zach Arnell weren't afforded another year of eligibility while Deluca  was.  What is the criteria for the NCAA making these decisions?

Deluca played as a true freshman and never sat out a year, so he was granted the opportunity to play 4 full seasons in 5 years. Serious injuries tend to be one of the downsides of red-shirting.