SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U diaries

Vegas_Sioux

Is ndsu looking to save money by running off their whole men's basketball team? Four players have left the program since the season ended including the starting point guard. That's on top of one of their players quitting in the middle of the season last year before being let back on a week later. Offense must be to high tempo for them and they can't handle it. 

On 3/5/2017 at 4:59 PM, SiouxVolley said:

In fairness to the bizons, mbb, W soccer , and W softball have pulled a trifecta.  Wbb is lower attended now than those other women's sports so it doesn't count.  VB isn't doing much better, after their raging feminazi assist AD fired their male coach.

Dont forget M & W Track and Field, indoors and outdoors. Not to mention cross country. Whole bunch of championships there.

2 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Is ndsu looking to save money by running off their whole men's basketball team? Four players have left the program since the season ended including the starting point guard. That's on top of one of their players quitting in the middle of the season last year before being let back on a week later. Offense must be to high tempo for them and they can't handle it. 

It seems the kid has some people in his ear.

6 hours ago, bison73 said:

It seems the kid has some people in his ear.

Tough to believe that's the only problem when 1/3 of your roster has quit the team at one point. But if you'd like to put your head in the sand and think there isn't a trend, then go for it. 

I like Dave Richman but my guess is his offense is why Khy is out. Honestly if Jones is in a recruiting battle for a guard with NDSU, just put on some game tape and it should be over. Do you want to run the weave for 25 seconds or do you want to get up and down and play pick and roll basketball. NDSU's roster next year does not look good right now.

I think Khy would thrive at UND in our offense but doubt NDSU would let him go here. 

7 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Tough to believe that's the only problem when 1/3 of your roster has quit the team at one point. But if you'd like to put your head in the sand and think there isn't a trend, then go for it. 

I made no comment about the others leaving. Just the one. 

7 hours ago, nodakhoops said:

I like Dave Richman but my guess is his offense is why Khy is out. Honestly if Jones is in a recruiting battle for a guard with NDSU, just put on some game tape and it should be over. Do you want to run the weave for 25 seconds or do you want to get up and down and play pick and roll basketball. NDSU's roster next year does not look good right now.

I think Khy would thrive at UND in our offense but doubt NDSU would let him go here. 

Dont know what the issues are but there is something not going right. I think you are correct that the style of play is hampering some of these kids and to be truthful its not exactly the most exciting for the fans. Its boring as hell.

16 hours ago, jdub27 said:

One guy was a walk on, two of the others were not going to play(some of it was out their control with injuries), Khy is the real surprise. 

• 4 weeks later...

Guess we've located at least one spot where NDSU is cutting funds. Their lame duck volleyball coach, who was already told her contract won't be renewed after this coming season, is leaving to take the head coaching job with Southern Illinois of the MVC. It looks like SIU has consistently had been in the upper half of the conference and had an RPI of 71 this past season, so they are definitely no bottom dweller.

Instead of doing a national search now, they are waiting until the end of next season and choosing to put the interim tag on a current assistant coach who's resume includes 2 year's on NDSU's bench and 2 years coaching Fargo high schools (though she is a successful former NDSU player). 

13 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Guess we've located at least one spot where NDSU is cutting funds. Their lame duck volleyball coach, who was already told her contract won't be renewed after this coming season, is leaving to take the head coaching job with Southern Illinois of the MVC. It looks like SIU has consistently had been in the upper half of the conference and had an RPI of 71 this past season, so they are definitely no bottom dweller.

Instead of doing a national search now, they are waiting until the end of next season and choosing to put the interim tag on a current assistant coach who's resume includes 2 year's on NDSU's bench and 2 years coaching Fargo high schools (though she is a successful former NDSU player). 

Just proves they don't care about women's sports. Are the Title 9 people still around?

#buttfootball

14 hours ago, jdub27 said:

FU's talking head said it's a win/win for everyone.  Hard hitting journalism by Kolpack.  

How is going from a lame duck coach to and interim coach a win?  Wouldn't happen in any men's sport.  

8 hours ago, homer said:

FU's talking head said it's a win/win for everyone.  Hard hitting journalism by Kolpack.  

How is going from a lame duck coach to and interim coach a win?  Wouldn't happen in any men's sport.  

Maybe he thinks A-Rod will move to Fargo now; so he's excited about that. 

• 2 months later...

NDSU's tailgate passes will not be mailed out this year. Here is Friday's memo:

Hello,
The reserved tailgate passes for the 2017 football season were delivered to the athletic offices today.* We decided to change the passes this year to one color-coded pass per spot for each game.* If you have 4 spots then for the first game you have 4 green passes, the second game you will have 4 blue passes, etc.* Each pass is also dated and has our opponents logo printed on the front.
This change was made in hopes that if you will not be using your spots for a game you can give or sell your spots to someone else.* A tailgate exchange blog has been setup similar to the football ticket exchange where you can list reserved tailgate spots for sale for games you aren’t attending or find someone who is looking for reserved spots.* The link to the tailgate exchange is:* * https://www.ndsualumni.com/football-...-exchange-blog
Because of this change in tickets we will not be able to mail the passes out as we have in the past.* (Handicap parking passes will be mailed out) There will be three options for you to pick up passes as follows:
1.***** Pick up at the athletic offices in the SHAC from Monday – Friday, 7:30 – 4:00
2.***** Pick your passes up at Bison Fan Day on Wednesday, August 16 at the Fargo Dome.* We will be setup on the east concourse from 5:30 to 8:00
3.***** Pick up your passes on the first game day, September 2.* We will be set up on the west side of Lot D 6 hours before kick-off.
If for some reason none of these three options work for you please contact me at 701-231-6172
Or if someone else will be picking up your passes please contact me via email Helena.johnston@ndsu.edu* 
Helena Johnston
Helena Johnston
Administrative Assistant
NORTH DAKOTA STATE UNIVERSITY

• 3 weeks later...

So they rather be a middle road team in the FBS then actually compete in the FCS for National Titles? Sure, they might be better then Bowling Green, UTSA, and Florida International but so what? 

They will win exactly zero National Championships at the FBS level, ever. I don't think they have any idea how high of a level funding  and general performance are at SEC and ACC. Schedule a non-conference game against LSU or Florida before committing to FBS.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, northernraider said:

So they rather be a middle road team in the FBS then actually compete in the FCS for National Titles? Sure, they might be better then Bowling Green, UTSA, and Florida International but so what? 

They will win exactly zero National Championships at the FBS level, ever. I don't think they have any idea how high of a level funding  and general performance are at SEC and ACC. Schedule a non-conference game against LSU or Florida before committing to FBS.  

I think the gap between Power 5 and Group of 5 is growing too since all the Power-5 schools got their own TV networks early this decade.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, darell1976 said:

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?33988-A-new-and-better-FBS-thread/page151

So because they beat the worst FCS team in the country some think they are FBS worthy. Join the Sun Belt and let us know what no name Bowl you will be playing in. #WeWantBama

Its the same morons who have been beating the FBS drum for a few years now. They just try and use this game as a reason to move up. Did I mention theyre morons?

• Upvote 3

On 5/18/2017 at 8:32 AM, jdub27 said:

They may be by the time she get done with them. I was privy to a conversation this last week that indicated the level of discord on the VB team due to her being the coach. Went to the VB game on Friday night and it was a noticeable difference in play and attitude.

26 minutes ago, bison73 said:

They may be by the time she get done with them. I was privy to a conversation this last week that indicated the level of discord on the VB team due to her being the coach. Went to the VB game on Friday night and it was a noticeable difference in play and attitude.

Then why didn't they fire her instead of telling her she could coach out the remainder of her contract? Seems strange if they were aware of that many issues and that they weren't going to renew her contract, they wouldn't just cut ties instead of letting the problem get worse. 

While it appears the team is playing better, it also doesn't explain the strange decision to name an interim coach for a season and announce you'll be doing a national search next season. 

1 minute ago, jdub27 said:

Then why didn't they fire her instead of telling her she could coach out the remainder of her contract? Seems strange if they were aware of that many issues and that they weren't going to renew her contract, they wouldn't just cut ties instead of letting the problem get worse. 

NDSU doesnt like to fire a coach with time remaining on a contract from what Ive seen. They dont like buyouts. I thought it was equally stupid as well. But it might have been a strategy to move her out as she new she was gone which may have forced her hand as she did leave. The move to hire Lopez is paying off as they won the tournament this week end.

1 hour ago, bison73 said:

Its the same morons who have been beating the FBS drum for a few years now. They just try and use this game as a reason to move up. Did I mention theyre morons?

Gotta love Lakes' big plans for the Mountain West. And he must think NDSU or the city of Fargo have a ton of money to throw at a 42k stadium. They are jacking property taxes by hundreds of percents. Money is very tight here and unless he wins the powerball and pays for it himself they aren't getting a new stadium and money to move up is nowhere to be found. You are right...he is a moron.