SiouxSports.com Forum

ArchyAlum11

9 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Perhaps he's a little upset about getting screwed on the sioux logo and then not allowed even a chance to do the Hawks one.

The consultant said using Native American art for the next logo would be hostile and abusive.

(jk)

11 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

So no offense to Bennet Brien, but his logo for the Fighting Hawks was definitely a swing and a miss!!

brien.jpg

I'm going to reserve judgement until I see the SME version.  What's so bad about this one?  It has the distinct sharp lines similar to another logo Brien did...hmm, what was that? ;)

9 hours ago, dakotadan said:

Well a lot of our fans are smashed at games so it would be fitting. About the only connect that the name would have what-so-ever to NoDak. 

Speaking of, I can't even imagine what a "Nodak" logo would look like.  Fighting Hawks is generic, but at least we know what we are getting.  With Nodak, it could be anything!!

• Upvote 2

This just in.....

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

NEWS CONFERENCE NOTICE: UND to announce new Fighting Hawks graphic identity WEDNESDAY, June 22 at the High Performance Center

The University of North Dakota will  hold a news conference on WEDNESDAY,  June 22, at 11 a.m., in the school’s Athletics High Performance Center on campus to reveal a new graphic identity for its Fighting Hawks nickname.

WHAT:  News Conference to announce UND’s new Fighting Hawks graphic identity

WHEN:  Wednesday, June 22, 11 a.m.

WHERE:  UND Athletics High Performance Center ( just east of the old Memorial Football Stadium on 2nd Avenue North)

WHO:  President Ed Schafer and others

Peter Johnson

Executive Associate Vice President for University Relations

Division of University & Public Affairs

University of North Dakota

(701) 777-4317 work

3 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Just received this e-mail

Dear Campus Community:

The University will reveal the Fighting Hawks graphic identity Wednesday, June 22, 11 a.m. in the UND Athletics High Performance Center. The reveal is open to the campus community.

Any word about a live stream of it?

EDIT: Evidently not. GF Herald will probably do one, I'd guess.

Here's more info.  Looks like you can watch on undsports.com

The University of North Dakota will unveil the Fighting Hawks Logo on Wednesday, June 22, 2016, at 11:00 a.m. at the UND High Performance Center. The Fighting Hawks new logo and wordmark will be revealed at that time.

Please join us if you are able. If you cannot be there in person, a video of the unveiling can be viewed at undsports.com.

Hard to have high hopes for this given how the whole nickname process has gone. I'm still going to refer to them as the Sioux, but I may try to be a good alumni and buy a shirt or something if the logo is decent. Otherwise, I hope they still make some apparel with just ND or North Dakota on it.

• Upvote 1