SiouxSports.com Forum

ArchyAlum11

1 hour ago, 82SiouxGuy said:

Nodak Nation is the name of the UND student fan group, and has been since the Fighting Sioux name was dropped. That's why they have a Nodak Nation flag.

I think part of the reason in the shift to hawks was the student support for that hawk logo that is owned by the Blackhawks, and basically not PC enough. Was a cool logo but they were basing their hopes on a farce.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

I think part of the reason in the shift to hawks was the student support for that hawk logo that is owned by the Blackhawks, and basically not PC enough. Was a cool logo but they were basing their hopes on a farce.

That is absolutely spot on. That d@mn logo. SOOOO many people that that specific logo was the one that was going to be picked. Not that it was an option, but THAT logo was the one. Ugh. So effing stupid.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

Sadly there was a lot of that thought on campus.

What gets lost in this fiasco is that the east coast agency that was hired to run the process was focused on ensuring we came away with a safe and politically correct name NOT a unique and creative one, so it was very easy for them to push aside the guiding principles they were given.  

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

What gets lost in this fiasco is that the east coast agency that was hired to run the process was focused on ensuring we came away with a safe and politically correct name NOT a unique and creative one, so it was very easy for them to push aside the guiding principles they were given.  

This is probably my biggest fear associated with this entire process. I hope to be pleasantly surprised but the realist in me would bet against this.

1 hour ago, UNDColorado said:

That, and putting the word "Fighting" in front of Hawks gave it an advantage.  And I actually had people tell me they were voting for Hawks because of H.A.W.K.S. = How About We Keep Sioux.       Ugh.  The whole thing was a MESS.

1 minute ago, hky said:

That, and putting the word "Fighting" in front of Hawks gave it an advantage.  And I actually had people tell me they were voting for Hawks because of H.A.W.K.S. = How About We Keep Sioux.       Ugh.  The whole thing was a MESS.

Oh yeah, THAT idea

I told that one to a prof on how we ended up with the name and used that acronym... he fell out of his chair laughing

3 hours ago, GreenWing said:

Look how ugly and tacky this logo is. Yet their fans love it. I'm ready for our new logo. I can't wait to rep it.

image.jpeg

Another poster bringing up that school to the south and it's not me, so GeauxSioux are you going to make him take that challenge too.

• Downvote 2

2 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Another poster bringing up that school to the south and it's not me, so GeauxSioux are you going to make him take that challenge too.

Are you going to do this every time after somebody has a post referencing them?

• Upvote 2