SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Volleyball season

dmksioux

9 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Is she the one that it sounded like a cannon going off (even on TV)? 

Yup.  Why don't we have that?  I get height for blocks, but damn having a true hammer hitter gets way more points than blocks does in any match.  I don't care if she is 510".

29 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

So UND got a big weekend sweep over Sac and PSU, and now bring host the Montanas next.  Hopefully looking at 7-1 by next Saturday night

They also got help as Sac St rebounded from first conference loss and went down and beat Northern Colorado to give them second conference loss.  Eastern Washington beat Northern Arizona.  Best record hosts tournament and 3 way tie between us, Sac St and NAU.

35 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

SUU springs the upset over Sac State, looks to be a tie between UND and NAU at the top

In reading some stats, NAU is number 1 IN THE NATION for service aces.  We are like 10th in own conference. Oddly enough I think I saw we are 2nd in digs in conference which is surprising with how the beginning of the year was.   Also they have a pretty prolific outside hitter.

To end the season UND has to go to NAU on Thursday and then fly back home to play Saturday at like noon game against UNC.  Which is only team to beat us so far in conference and even worse it was in 3 sets.

9 hours ago, Smoggy said:

In reading some stats, NAU is number 1 IN THE NATION for service aces.  We are like 10th in own conference. Oddly enough I think I saw we are 2nd in digs in conference which is surprising with how the beginning of the year was.   Also they have a pretty prolific outside hitter.

To end the season UND has to go to NAU on Thursday and then fly back home to play Saturday at like noon game against UNC.  Which is only team to beat us so far in conference and even worse it was in 3 sets.

That will be a tough way to close the season, with a potential Big Sky tournament hosting on the line.

Outside hitters like Bruggeman, Merseli, and Kaczorowska seemed to have really stepped up their games.  Merseli and Fraase seem to have upped their defensive games and Griffin has been outstanding at setting.  Before, the offense seemed to rely too much on Moser and Dooley, but it's more balanced now.  NAU, SAC, and UNC will be tough, but a BSC championship is in reach.

I was examining the standings and schedules and realized that to this point UND has done enough to control its own destiny as far as being regular season champions and hosting the post season tournament. Just have to keep winning all the rest of their games. (The same could be said of NAU too).  Not saying it's going to happen, but it's kind of nice not to have to depend on other teams winning or losing. 

17 minutes ago, Dustin said:

I was examining the standings and schedules and realized that to this point UND has done enough to control its own destiny as far as being regular season champions and hosting the post season tournament. Just have to keep winning all the rest of their games. (The same could be said of NAU too).  Not saying it's going to happen, but it's kind of nice not to have to depend on other teams winning or losing. 

NAU seems to have an abundance of spikers with power, which isn't exactly our strong point.  They will be tough to beat.