SiouxSports.com Forum

Olympic Hockey

Fetch

8 minutes ago, andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!! said:

Ask US Soccer...

Maybe we as a country need to go back to coaching and teaching our elite top level/talent kids how to win vs. all this happy fluffy development crap.

I left for work with USA up (and rolling) 2-0 after two.  This loss is shocking.   It's conceivable that they may not win a game in South Korea.

It caught me off guard to hear Pierre McGuire say that "he wouldn't be surprised if any of the college guys left to go pro after the Olympics."  I doubt Terry would go but Greenway and Denato's teams are on the NCAA Bubble so I guess that makes a little bit of sense if they were to bolt. 

7 minutes ago, GoalieMask said:

I left for work with USA up (and rolling) 2-0 after two.  This loss is shocking.   It's conceivable that they may not win a game in South Korea.

It caught me off guard to hear Pierre McGuire say that "he wouldn't be surprised if any of the college guys left to go pro after the Olympics."  I doubt Terry would go but Greenway and Denato's teams are on the NCAA Bubble so I guess that makes a little bit of sense if they were to bolt. 

As a Wild fan, I'd take Greenway right now!!  Need a big bodied forward to move guys around down low and score some goals.

30 minutes ago, GoalieMask said:

Agreed that the US was rolling early and let it get away late.  They had good puck control, were skating well and were outshooting Slovenia pretty bad.

Also agreed that they could go winless during these Olympics.

Regarding Pierre's comments - I took it to mean that he said those guys would be in the NHL by the end of the year...after their college season is complete.  I didn't think he meant going to the NHL directly after the Olympics...but I could have misheard or misunderstood him too.

4 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Isn't he Canadian?  

Or are you thinking of Brian Fellows?  Safari Planet?  :)

Bellows and Tkachuk kids played for USA U20s in 2018. You saying "Dad" Bellows is a Canadian? Roenick is American. 

Fine. 

Put Roenick and Tkachuk out there with Brian Boitano! Worst that could happen is we lose to Slovenia .... oh ... wait ... :unsure:

7 hours ago, andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!! said:

Ask US Soccer...

and if they get humiliated the same way, what will be the reaction?

If the NHL will not provide players for 2022, how can the US adapt to avoid this being the new normal?

The only thing right now that USMNT got out of that was a epic rant. 

2 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

and if they get humiliated the same way, what will be the reaction?

If the NHL will not provide players for 2022, how can the US adapt to avoid this being the new normal?

The only thing right now that USMNT got out of that was a epic rant. 

Greedy Gary has already said theNHL would be at the 2022 games as they're in China largest population in the world