SiouxSports.com Forum

6 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Level of play doesn't mean squat. How's this for a stat, the last three FCS qbs who got drafted in the first round took their team to the super bowl. The kids a stud and it's pretty clear.

I agree with you. I don't think the Baltimore Ravens care that Joe Flacco was an FCS QB. All he does is win.

10 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i've never said anything negative about wentz...just saying that choices made in drafts can set you up for future success or failure...gms that take rubio AND flynn over curry set back their franchises for a decade....the above numbers are the only thing wentz has going for him...he's physically a stud but he still played a level much below what lynch played at and he went 23 picks later to a franchise that has won numerous super bowls (because of choices like this one)

Wentz has a lot more going for him than "numbers". He has character, work ethic and has demonstrated that when he plays against higher levels of competition he can play.  It is  a bigger step from College to the NFL than  than FCS to FBS.  Wentz is a rookie. Give him time, we will have to see.  Same for Lynch. Same for any trade or draft choice.  It is a crap shoot. There is a long list of can't miss prospects than never made it.  The biggest issues for most of those those people were lack of character, lack of work ethic or for some, injuries.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I agree with you. I don't think the Baltimore Ravens care that Joe Flacco was an FCS QB. All he does is win.

Since winning his Super Bowl, Flacco has 60 TD and 46 INT.  2nd Worst ratio in the league for qualifying QB's after Geno Smith.  I don't relate that to him being an FCS guy...but a fun fact.

1 minute ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Since winning his Super Bowl, Flacco has 60 TD and 46 INT.  2nd Worst ratio in the league for qualifying QB's after Geno Smith.  I don't relate that to him being an FCS guy...but a fun fact.

But when the game is on the line, he delivers more often than not. And the Ravens have never had a lot of highly-skilled offensive players.

1 minute ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Flacco is really good but has a little Eli  Favre in him. Sometimes the picks come by the bushel. Sometimes the rings come instead.  I can't knock a guy for gun slinging.

19 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Hindsight is always 20/20, isn't it?  

On one hand, you criticize a QB from FCS North Dakota State...and on the other hand, you knew a hoopster from Davidson was destined for NBA superstar status?  :lol:

And I might suggest that Denver's recent success stems from quality free-agent signings moreso than the NFL draft...

Denver's last six first picks in the daft.....Demaryius Thomas, Von Miller, Derek Wolfe, Sly Williams, Brady Roby, and Shane Ray might disagree with you on that...