SiouxSports.com Forum

3 hours ago, sioux rube said:

Congrats to my nephew. Glad this is over and I know Carson is glad it's over too. Now he can get back into what he lives for. The game of football. Go Eagles!!!!

Kudos to the young man for his choice of walkup music.    

http://kfan.iheart.com/onair/vikings-blog-38526/listen-carson-wentz-sticks-it-to-14658445/

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

Kudos to the young man for his choice of walkup music.    

http://kfan.iheart.com/onair/vikings-blog-38526/listen-carson-wentz-sticks-it-to-14658445/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1GZzucDMlQ

First song that came to mind!  Did well for himself on that one.

I'm using the Parise logic on Carson. When Zach was a Sioux Minnesota hated him now that he a Wild they love him. Sooooo ....now that Carson is an Eagle I can cheer for him as an Eagle's fan and just ignore what college he attended. :) (or laugh when the announcers say he attended "North Dakota"). 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CMSioux said:

I'm using the Parise logic on Carson. When Zach was a Sioux Minnesota hated him now that he a Wild they love him. Sooooo ....now that Carson is an Eagle I can cheer for him as an Eagle's fan and just ignore what college he attended. :) (or laugh when the announcers say he attended "North Dakota"). 

Its totally the pro vs college thing. I don't care where a player played in college once they are on my pro team. Fontaine, Vanek, Haula, etc.

Now I have no attachement to the Eagles, but I will definitely pull for Carson to have success. I've watched him play quite a bit, and he is a classy kid. Not to mention a kid from Bismarck going #2 overall is really cool.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

and that is why the broncos win super bowls and the eagles don't....

Defenses like the Broncos last year, the Ravens in 2000 and the Bears in 1985 only come around once in a great while. Most of the time, you need great QB play or you won't win jack squat in the NFL. Even the Giants needed good QB play from Phil Simms in the 1980's. Whether Wentz can deliver that for the Eagles remains to be seen, but I don't think Bradford was going to deliver what they needed at the QB position, so I don't blame them for trading up.

3 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Defenses like the Broncos last year, the Ravens in 2000 and the Bears in 1985 only come around once in a great while. Most of the time, you need great QB play or you won't win jack squat in the NFL. Even the Giants needed good QB play from Phil Simms in the 1980's. Whether Wentz can deliver that for the Eagles remains to be seen, but I don't think Bradford was going to deliver what they needed at the QB position, so I don't blame them for trading up.

Schwartz will get them buttoned up on the defensive side.  Wentz won't light it up downfield like Goff, at least initially, but he won't make mistakes and get you beat either.  I see a Flacco-Ravens type scenario playing out there in the next few years.  Will be exciting to watch.  And he's on my draft board for fantasy backup QB to boot!  

36 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Schobert was just drafted and they mention he was about to walk on at North Dakota..... State. 

On the NFL network they said he had only one scholarship offer, from North Dakota.  They got it right.

On 4/29/2016 at 8:41 AM, siouxfan512 said:

Its totally the pro vs college thing. I don't care where a player played in college once they are on my pro team. Fontaine, Vanek, Haula, etc.

Now I have no attachement to the Eagles, but I will definitely pull for Carson to have success. I've watched him play quite a bit, and he is a classy kid. Not to mention a kid from Bismarck going #2 overall is really cool.

Vanek?  Surely, you jest.  :lol:

Carson Wentz seems like a great kid.  I hope he lights it up in Philadelphia.  

• 1 month later...
On April 28, 2016 at 10:07 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

and that is why the broncos win super bowls and the eagles don't....

Son, you need to check up on your Super Bowl history prior to Denver's late 1990's win over Green Bay.  And weren't those Broncos rolled over by Seattle just a few seasons ago?

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Son, you need to check up on your Super Bowl history prior to Denver's late 1990's win over Green Bay.  And weren't those Broncos rolled over by Seattle just a few seasons ago?

Good points Mafia, but the Eagles haven't won a world championship (either NFL or Super Bowl) in over 50 years. I think that is what he was hinting at.

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Good points Mafia, but the Eagles haven't won a world championship (either NFL or Super Bowl) in over 50 years. I think that is what he was hinting at.

No, he was hinting at his jealousy of Wentz/NDSU. Pretty stupid coment. Wentz is a stud.

• Upvote 1

On 4/29/2016 at 10:24 AM, fightingsioux4life said:

just saying that when your about five postions away from competing for a super bowl you don't trade up to take an unproven fcs qb and ignore the other four positions...they should have traded back to where to paxton lynch went and used those added picks to fill other needs....

wentz 6'5" and lynch is 6'7"

wentz 237 pounds and lynch is 244 lbs

wentz 4.77 and lynch was 4.86 in the 40

wentz 30 inch vertical and lynch was 36

wentz and lynch was same broad jump

lynch has longer arms and bigger hands

any eagle fans remember mike mamula? neither do i but they esentially traded mamula for warren sapp and derrick brooks (and TB won a super bowl too)

32 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

just saying that when your about five postions away from competing for a super bowl you don't trade up to take an unproven fcs qb and ignore the other four positions...they should have traded back to where to paxton lynch went and used those added picks to fill other needs....

wentz 6'5" and lynch is 6'7"

wentz 237 pounds and lynch is 244 lbs

wentz 4.77 and lynch was 4.86 in the 40

wentz 30 inch vertical and lynch was 36

wentz and lynch was same broad jump

lynch has longer arms and bigger hands

any eagle fans remember mike mamula? neither do i but they esentially traded mamula for warren sapp and derrick brooks (and TB won a super bowl too)

So you're talking about QBs and citing their combine numbers? You aren't serious are you? Can't be. And why are you dogging Wentz?

10 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

So you're talking about QBs and citing their combine numbers? You aren't serious are you? Can't be. And why are you dogging Wentz?

i've never said anything negative about wentz...just saying that choices made in drafts can set you up for future success or failure...gms that take rubio AND flynn over curry set back their franchises for a decade....the above numbers are the only thing wentz has going for him...he's physically a stud but he still played a level much below what lynch played at and he went 23 picks later to a franchise that has won numerous super bowls (because of choices like this one)

29 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i've never said anything negative about wentz...just saying that choices made in drafts can set you up for future success or failure...gms that take rubio AND flynn over curry set back their franchises for a decade....the above numbers are the only thing wentz has going for him...he's physically a stud but he still played a level much below what lynch played at and he went 23 picks later to a franchise that has won numerous super bowls (because of choices like this one)

Hindsight is always 20/20, isn't it?  

On one hand, you criticize a QB from FCS North Dakota State...and on the other hand, you knew a hoopster from Davidson was destined for NBA superstar status?  :lol:

And I might suggest that Denver's recent success stems from quality free-agent signings moreso than the NFL draft...

10 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Ugh! Just the mention of Warren Sapp's name reminds me that the Vikings passed up on a future Hall of Famer for a non-descript DT from Florida who did jack squat in the NFL. I just shut off my TV and went to Kraft Field to watch UND baseball; that is how p!ssed off I was. :angry:

10 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Level of play doesn't mean squat. How's this for a stat, the last three FCS qbs who got drafted in the first round took their team to the super bowl. The kids a stud and it's pretty clear.

• Upvote 1