SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs

jimdahl

On June 3, 2016 at 5:47 PM, DaveK said:

From the very moment when he put his hand up to his ear to shut up the booing Badger fans in Madison after scoring a goal I immediately knew that this kid was my kind of player. 

It's one thing to do that for a second or two...quite another to skate a lap around the entire rink while doing so.  

And Phil Kessel ahead of Jaromir Jagr?  You're outta your damn mind!  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

On 6/3/2016 at 5:47 PM, DaveK said:

It is bittersweet to see this great playoff run happening with Fleury on the bench. Murray has done a great job but regardless how things turn out he is still the backup. It is quite upsetting to read all of the speculation about how he is going to be the #1 goalie next year and Fleury will be traded. Hopefully it won't play out that way but only time will tell. Aside from that I am so happy for the entire team, especially Kessel. He has been such a great player for so long who has been so unfairly criticized and disrespected for basically his entire career. It is about time that he finally starts to get the respect that he has deserved all along. From the very moment when he put his hand up to his ear to shut up the booing Badger fans in Madison after scoring a goal I immediately knew that this kid was my kind of player. I was thrilled beyond belief when the Penguins acquired him last summer and after only one season in Pittsburgh he has already cracked my top 10 list of all-time favorite Penguins. I receive so much satisfaction from the mere fact that all of his haters now have so much crow to eat. :D

1. Mario Lemieux
  2. Ulf Sameulsson
  3. Tom Barrasso
  4. Sidney Crosby
  5. Phil Kessel
  6. Jaromir Jagr
  7. Marc Andre Fleury
  8. Paul Coffey
  9. Matt Cooke
  10. Ron Francis

Kessel skated for your favorite college team, which is fun!  Too bad the team you previously rooted for no longer exists.  

• Upvote 2

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 5:47 PM, DaveK said:

It is bittersweet to see this great playoff run happening with Fleury on the bench. Murray has done a great job but regardless how things turn out he is still the backup. It is quite upsetting to read all of the speculation about how he is going to be the #1 goalie next year and Fleury will be traded. Hopefully it won't play out that way but only time will tell. Aside from that I am so happy for the entire team, especially Kessel. He has been such a great player for so long who has been so unfairly criticized and disrespected for basically his entire career. It is about time that he finally starts to get the respect that he has deserved all along. From the very moment when he put his hand up to his ear to shut up the booing Badger fans in Madison after scoring a goal I immediately knew that this kid was my kind of player. I was thrilled beyond belief when the Penguins acquired him last summer and after only one season in Pittsburgh he has already cracked my top 10 list of all-time favorite Penguins. I receive so much satisfaction from the mere fact that all of his haters now have so much crow to eat. :D

1. Mario Lemieux
  2. Ulf Sameulsson
  3. Tom Barrasso
  4. Sidney Crosby
  5. Phil Kessel
  6. Jaromir Jagr
  7. Marc Andre Fleury
  8. Paul Coffey
  9. Matt Cooke
  10. Ron Francis

And just like that, in 1 post DaveK went all "DaveK" on us again.  He was having a really good run...being fairly quiet on here and when he would post, it was pretty normal.  Then he goes and does this.  Phil Kessel at #5 all time Penguins...he's only played there this year and DaveK has him ahead of Jaromir Jagr and Hall of Famers Paul Coffey and Ron Francis.  Oh, and he has Matt Cooke in his top 10.  Enough said...

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Ray77 said:

And just like that, in 1 post DaveK went all "DaveK" on us again.  He was having a really good run...being fairly quiet on here and when he would post, it was pretty normal.  Then he goes and does this.  Phil Kessel at #5 all time Penguins...he's only played there this year and DaveK has him ahead of Jaromir Jagr and Hall of Famers Paul Coffey and Ron Francis.  Oh, and he has Matt Cooke in his top 10.  Enough said...

Putting Kessel where he did is asinine. Lost all credibility with that take. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Ray77 said:

So, you're saying he is entitled to his opinion, but if you don't agree with it, it needs to be ridiculed?   OK, now I understand.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, green_sioux said:

So, you're saying he is entitled to his opinion, but if you don't agree with it, it needs to be ridiculed?   OK, now I understand.

Geez...I guess I touched a nerve.  No, he's fully entitled to his opinion...I hope you'll grant me permission to have mine, too!

5 hours ago, Ray77 said:

In his defense, it was his all time favorite player list, not all best time Penguins players.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, DaveK said:

green_sioux, siouxforcefans and siouxkid12 get it. The other replies pretty much proved my point for me, which is just how deep the irrational hatred for Phil Kessel runs here. The mere fact that I had the audacity to (GASP) say how much I like him as a player caused people to attack me. Par for the course. :D

You are very thin skinned if you think you got "attacked".

3 hours ago, DaveK said:

green_sioux, siouxforcefans and siouxkid12 get it. The other replies pretty much confirmed my suspicion, which is just how deep the irrational hatred for Phil Kessel runs here. The mere fact that I had the audacity to (GASP) say how much I like him as a player caused people to attack me. Par for the course. :D

No, I got "it" too.  And I still think you've lost your damn mind if Kessel is more of a "favorite" than Jagr.

Also trying to picture your reaction to Zdeno Chara taking a hand-to-the-ear victory lap around The Igloo 2.0.  I'm guessing it would be a "classless" act and "typical" Bruins stuff...

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

8 minutes ago, DaveK said:

If the Pittsburgh fans were treating him the same way the Wisconsin fans treated Kessel, then Chara would be in the right to do exactly that. So, nice try but that is a swing and a miss.

By boo'ing him?  Big deal.  You make it sound as if Badger fans were throwing AA batteries or used condoms at the guy.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, DaveK said:

It was more than just booing him, it was the fact that all game long he was being booed for literally every second that the puck was on his stick. And the reason? Nothing more than the mere fact that he was a Wisconsin resident who chose to attend college out of state. How immature! You have never seen Gopher fans boo a Minnesota native for choosing to go elsewhere for college. 

Uh, yea I have.  The player's name was Zach Parise.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, DaveK said:

That is a blatantly false accusation. I have recordings of every Sioux/Gopher game from that era, so I of all people should know better than anybody else. My DVDs say you're either lying or at the very least misremembering. They didn't do that to Parise, and they've never done it to any other player either.

But those old CRT's just don't have the good speakers to hear it.

• Upvote 3

It's uncanny how DaveK can do this every time.  The tread goes from oddly funny to a bit bizarre to completely ridiculous....every....single....time.  A few of my favorites:

DaveK has "earned the right to gloat"...on a message board!  Because Pittsburgh's going to win the Cup, he's earned the right to gloat.  You can't make it up.

Kessel is "DaveK's kind of player" because he cupped his hand to his ear when the Badger fans were booing him.  Not because they just booed him, but because they booed him a lot.  That's the distinction of what makes it OK.

When asked about how he'd feel if Chara did that in Pittsburgh, he says Chara would be "in the right" if they were booing him.  Umm....have you seen NHL games where hated players touch the puck and get booed constantly?  If they ran around the ice after scoring and acted like a joker like Kessel did, they'd be called clowns too...and rightfully so.  I love how DaveK tells us all the rules and when it's "right" to do something and when it's "wrong" to do something.

And probably my favorite...he was "attacked" for his opinion on things.  We all know there are those of us that aren't Pittsburgh fans and will disagree with his opinions...but now we attacked him!  Grow some skin, Dave...it's a message board conversation where not everyone shares your opinion.

And yes...I do believe that he does this to get a reaction out of us, and yes...I bit and fell for it...again.  SMH.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, DaveK said:

And with that snarky post you provided a textbook example of why I feel I have every right to gloat now. You have to be able to take it back if you're going to dish it out, which is a concept that is completely lost on you and certain others here.

Yup, you've certainly earned it.  You worked hard for it...and earned it.  For the record, I am A-OK with Pittsburgh winning the Cup.  While I think your opinions are a little "off" (to put it nicely), and they're certainly nowhere near my favorite team, I've never been a big Crosby hater and I think it'd be cool for Cullen to win another Cup before he retires.  No problems with that at all.