SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota Colleges and UNIVERSITY?

SIOUXFAN97

How much money would saved if the state of North Dakota went back to this?

2 year colleges

Dickinson State, Mayville State, Minot State, Valley City State, Bismarck State , Lake Region State,  Wahpeton State, Williston State, North Dakota State School of Forestry, and the North Dakota Agricultural College

4 year universities

University of North Dakota

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

2 year colleges

Dickinson State, Mayville State, Minot State, Valley City State, Bismarck State , Lake Region State,  Wahpeton State, Williston State, North Dakota State School of Forestry, and the North Dakota Agricultural College

4 year universities

I would love for you to educate me about the good old days when NDAC was a two year university. 

47 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

At least be realistic.  Two four year schools... including NDSU.

Minot St and Dickinson St (if they get academics right) have huge political backing and there was and is a need for normal schools.  The others could have be two year schools.  

NDSSS is basically building a second campus in Fargo.  Why couldn't that have been an existing campus Mayville or Valley City?

In the future, it may be hard to stop Bismarck St and Williston St from moving to four year schools.

7 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

2 year colleges

4 year universities

ND State school of Forestry? We have no trees what the hell do we need a school of forestry, especially a 4 year one.

8 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

ndsu used to be the ndac...you went there to learn farming.

The second part of this is not true.  They did have winter short courses farmers could attend in the very early years of the 20th century, but the primary purpose of land grant universities was not to train farmers.  

Morrill Land Grant schools were a brilliant idea to give access to higher education for the average citizen. 

I don't get this thread.   North Dakota has two fine state universities and a multitude of other good options for post secondary education.  Nobody should consider shutting down either school in Fargo or Grand Forks.  However, I do wonder about the future of schools like Mayville State?

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, Hayduke said:

However, I do wonder about the future of schools like Mayville State?

Don't get me started on Mayville State and Valley City State.  What of substance do either of these schools offer that aren't offered at UND and NDSU which are just an hour away?  

• Upvote 1

On 4/16/2016 at 7:26 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

2 year college

North Dakota Agricultural College

4 year universities

TIL that my alma mater was a two year school as a Land-Grant! ;)

29 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

Don't get me started on Mayville State and Valley City State.  What of substance do either of these schools offer that aren't offered at UND and NDSU which are just an hour away?  

Economic impact for Valley City and Mayville......

3 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Economic impact for Valley City and Mayville......

This is the correct answer, and why these schools will never be closed. We could have a pretty good higher education system by closing two of the normal schools and probably one or two of the two-year colleges. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, bincitysioux said:

baseball?  :)    Mayville State has a Berry good baseball team...

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Hayduke said:

Morrill Land Grant schools were a brilliant idea to give access to higher education for the average citizen. 

I don't get this thread.   North Dakota has two fine state universities and a multitude of other good options for post secondary education.  Nobody should consider shutting down either school in Fargo or Grand Forks.  However, I do wonder about the future of schools like Mayville State?

not saying closing any schools but we talking about millions and millions of dollars that need to be cut/saved...duplicate services at all these schools are a waste....if you wanna farm go to ndac, you wanna be a teacher go to mayville or dickison, forestry and fire fighting go to beautineu, law enforcement go to lake region and so forth...for all else go to UND....

• 1 year later...

Higher Education Board news. Heard about Roers  Construction on Joel Heitkamp KFGO. Joel said SU supporters would ask him why are you questioning Roers. Do you know how much he's done for SU?  The news is that SU is not paying Roers  enough on a building project. Roers says delays on the project  were caused by SU and not him. He is asking for 1.3 million. All he's done for SU and this is how you treat  him.

He should get 2.6 and an apology. The mediation is behind closed doors as it should be. You don't need the liberal press poking there nose in there business. The Ed Board is full of Patriots and everything should be behind closed doors.  #nopoliticsplease