SiouxSports.com Forum

NDUS Budget Cuts (changed name to be system-wide)

Cratter

Why haven't we heard anything on the Men's Golf program?  It seems to be a topic nobody has information on, nor does the athletic department or anyone here at siouxsports even talk about.  It all seems very bizarre to me. 

To my understanding, the team needed to raise their own endowment, something along the lines of $4 million. How is that fundraising going? I haven't seen a FundMe page on it or anything! 

I'm curious if Chaves will want to take on the heat of some alumni following through with the cutting of golf if the money is not raised.  It was not his decision, so I understand that he has no blame here, but no AD wants to have cutting sports programs in their reputation. 

30 minutes ago, DB Cooper said:

Why haven't we heard anything on the Men's Golf program?  It seems to be a topic nobody has information on, nor does the athletic department or anyone here at siouxsports even talk about.  It all seems very bizarre to me. 

To my understanding, the team needed to raise their own endowment, something along the lines of $4 million. How is that fundraising going? I haven't seen a FundMe page on it or anything! 

I'm curious if Chaves will want to take on the heat of some alumni following through with the cutting of golf if the money is not raised.  It was not his decision, so I understand that he has no blame here, but no AD wants to have cutting sports programs in their reputation. 

If you haven't heard about any fundraising, that should probably tell you something.  

12 hours ago, DB Cooper said:

I've wondered and asked the same questions but haven't heard anything either.

My bet unfortunately is it will go of the way of the dodo... unless maybe we can ask a pro golfer to donate some of his earnings :)

As for Chaves, while I do understand that no AD wants to have that on his record.  He has no choice but to go through with it for this reason:  If he decides to save Mens Golf without the endownment.... what's not to say baseball or swimming or women's hockey comes back with: HEY! You allowed them to be saved, can we get some reconsideration over here?

While it isn't his decision, it will be painted as such by pitchfork nation.  "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss", "He is not a UND guy", "Kennedy's Yes Man", etc. etc. etc. 

13 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

While it isn't his decision, it will be painted as such by pitchfork nation.  "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss", "He is not a UND guy", "Kennedy's Yes Man", etc. etc. etc. 

Pretty sure those comments will come out, no matter what Chaves does.  :)

• Upvote 2

On 4/24/2018 at 11:09 AM, siouxjoy said:

Pretty sure those comments will come out, no matter what Chaves does.  :)

I would find it difficult at best to lay that at Chaves feet.  

I dont associate him at all with the previous process, good or bad, even if he is the one who has to lead that horse behind the barn and put a bullet in the head to end it, I dont see that as a negative that can be straddled to his back. 

On 4/30/2018 at 8:11 AM, The Sicatoka said:

Yeah, but you know there will be haranguing about it. 

When there done anything that has to do with Natives on UNDs campus will be wiped out.  They vote wrong. IMP bad move if the Natives agreed to this.

Just now, moser53 said:

Anything Native at or around The Ralph Engelstad  Arena will go. You know this is coming don’t you Biz.

No, I don't.  And if it is, it will only be because Native American faculty and staff were demanding it.

20 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

No, I don't.  And if it is, it will only be because Native American faculty and staff were demanding it.

UND is being dismantled one Indian Feather at a time. When it’s done this way nobody thinks its a big deal.  It’s to late when there done.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, moser53 said:

What?  No it’s why is almost everybody on this board silent.

UND - UND Indian Association, American Indian Science and Engineering Society, Society of Indian Psychologists, Native American Law Students Association, Native Americans into Criminal Justice Association, Indian Studies, Indians into Medicine, Indians into Nursing, Indians into Psychology, American Indian Student Services, Native Media Center.

What's your point?

29 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

UND - UND Indian Association, American Indian Science and Engineering Society, Society of Indian Psychologists, Native American Law Students Association, Native Americans into Criminal Justice Association, Indian Studies, Indians into Medicine, Indians into Nursing, Indians into Psychology, American Indian Student Services, Native Media Center.

What's your point?

Point  OK. While your sitting in Bisnarck collecting your paycheck. We're up here getting sand kicked in our face. Since 1999.

• The Sicatoka changed the title to NDUS Budget Cuts (changed name to be system-wide)