SiouxSports.com Forum

NDUS Budget Cuts (changed name to be system-wide)

Cratter

11 hours ago, moser53 said:

I have questions, looking for answers

isaiah 45:2

I will go before  thee, and make crooked places straight.  I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron.

Isaiah 45:7 

I form the light, and create darkness, I make peace and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Pills

• 5 months later...
On 10/4/2017 at 7:06 AM, UNDBIZ said:

Pills

Heard this yesterday people reporters were asking to see the numberes of the sports budget cuts. Freedom of information we want to see the numbers. What I heard  was they were told the info was not available it was destroyed. 

Is this correct anybody have anything on this?

12 minutes ago, moser53 said:

Heard this yesterday people reporters were asking to see the numberes of the sports budget cuts. Freedom of information we want to see the numbers. What I heard  was they were told the info was not available it was destroyed. 

Nope, just you.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, moser53 said:

Image result for no no you didnt gif billy madison

2 hours ago, moser53 said:

The report you heard was Faison didn't want to cut womens hockey. He was told he had no option but to cut womens hockey....then there was that athletic department "report" that had no paper trail so no one could do a Freedom of Information request and find out what was in it...all was verbal....soon after Faison retired.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, forksandspoons said:

Wasn't sure where to put this: 

Couple's land provides $1 million UND legacy

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/4423703-couples-land-provides-1-million-und-legacy

It was also in yesterday’s edition of UND Today.  Cool deal!  This includes $75,000 for athletics on top of their existing endowment for athletics.

http://blogs.und.edu/und-today/2018/03/alum-couple-says-thanks-a-million/

• Like 1

On March 16, 2018 at 11:55 AM, Cratter said:

The report you heard was Faison didn't want to cut womens hockey. He was told he had no option but to cut womens hockey....then there was that athletic department "report" that had no paper trail so no one could do a Freedom of Information request and find out what was in it...all was verbal....soon after Faison retired.

Thanks

UND budget cuts wonder how safer the pensions are for ND employees. A lot of people in our great country are getting life damaging news. Your getting half of what you thought you were going to get. Managing money in governnent in the USA were proving to be piss poor at it. God help us.

26 minutes ago, moser53 said:

UND budget cuts wonder how safer the pensions are for ND employees. A lot of people in our great country are getting life damaging news. Your getting half of what you thought you were going to get. Managing money in governnent in the USA were proving to be piss poor at it. God help us.

Why people trust a government with their money is mind boggling. You have better odds of winning the lottery than getting your full value from the government.

• Upvote 1

February 2016 Dalyrymple ordered  state agencies to cut 4% from State agencies. Then he said cut another 6% in the next biennium.This was the first time since 2002 that reductions have been made. And we have billions in the Legacy Fund. And how much is in the school trust fund?  

39 minutes ago, moser53 said:

February 2016 Dalyrymple ordered  state agencies to cut 4% from State agencies. Then he said cut another 6% in the next biennium.This was the first time since 2002 that reductions have been made. And we have billions in the Legacy Fund. And how much is in the school trust fund?  

The common schools trust fund is for k-12 schools. I guess using a one time resource like the legacy fund to maintain administrative bloat at the universities just wasn't seen as a good move. 

• Upvote 4

Dr. Dexter Perkins UND prof speaks mind with his viewpoint in the GF Herald.  On staff since 1981 he is most likely retirement age. You get a little braver when don’t have to look for a new job. Heard a caller to KNOX today talking about how all the cuts and how they treat people is bad. His wife works there. 

The last 2 UND professors to speak out and call this for what for it is are retirement age. If you don’t like being treated like crap here at UND quit go work some other place.

What they don’t  want you to do is speak out and question them. Good luck if you do.

28 minutes ago, moser53 said:

Dr. Dexter Perkins UND prof speaks mind with his viewpoint in the GF Herald.  On staff since 1981 he is most likely retirement age. You get a little braver when don’t have to look for a new job. Heard a caller to KNOX today talking about how all the cuts and how they treat people is bad. His wife works there. 

The last 2 UND professors to speak out and call this for what for it is are retirement age. If you don’t like being treated like crap here at UND quit go work some other place.

What they don’t  want you to do is speak out and question them. Good luck if you do.

Unless your Pres. Kennedy, oh wait, then the appropriations committee shoots arrows back?

It's kind interesting not much BLOWBACK from NDSU on these trying times?

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Unless your Pres. Kennedy, oh wait, then the appropriations committee shoots arrows back?

It's kind interesting not much BLOWBACK from NDSU on these trying times?

On KNOX this afternoon the GF Cheer and Gumnastics programs in GF have folded and the only options for the GF residents is to drive to Fargo. Academic and Sports cuts at UND. The state owes GF 10 Million for repairing state roads and 10 Million for water treatment plant which they gave us less than other cities. A drone part that is limited in what it can or will do. But I’m still checking some sources on the parks potential. Low wage city.

Question the people in charge? They’ll just tell you blame the voters they’re the ones voted for the Legacy Fund. Don’t question us there’s nothing to see here. Ya right.

• Downvote 3

6 minutes ago, moser53 said:

On KNOX this afternoon the GF Cheer and Gumnastics programs in GF have folded and the only options for the GF residents is to drive to Fargo. Academic and Sports cuts at UND. The state owes GF 10 Million for repairing state roads and 10 Million for water treatment plant which they gave us less than other cities. A drone part that is limited in what it can or will do. But I’m still checking some sources on the parks potential. Low wage city.

Question the people in charge? They’ll just tell you blame the voters they’re the ones voted for the Legacy Fund. Don’t question us there’s nothing to see here. Ya right.

Source

• The Sicatoka changed the title to NDUS Budget Cuts (changed name to be system-wide)