SiouxSports.com Forum

2016-2017 Season

SWSiouxMN

16 hours ago, darell1976 said:

It sucks that USD and SDSU wouldn't do home/home games in the same season like NDSU did. 

The Yotes & Hawks did have a closed door scrimmage this past Saturday in Vermillion.  Have heard no reports on how the scrimmage went.

9 hours ago, goyotes said:

The Yotes & Hawks did have a closed door scrimmage this past Saturday in Vermillion.  Have heard no reports on how the scrimmage went.

From Mick Gary chat: (USD beat writer). No clue what it means but it is something I guess

Q: Any reports from the MBB closed scrimmage last Saturday in the SCSC against the F'n Hawks.

A: I heard a few things, yes. I've not been able to talk to my main source on that yet, however. I don't think they "won' the scrimmage but I think they looked promising....that's summarizing an already brief conversation...

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, dakotadan said:

IPFW, who unfortunately may soon be a conference mate of ours, is not only hosting the #3 Hoosiers in Fort Wayne but they have been in control and lead for virtually the entire game. Just under 9 mins left and airing on BTN. 

I'm calling an Indiana win now that you jinxed them.

3 hours ago, dakotadan said:

Holy crap. Win over #3. 

#buttrpi  

My favorite quote from B'ville on this game.  From the poster NDSUstudent.

That game had NCAA tournament level intensity, shame you don't see more solid mid-majors hosting a high major. The difference is less then people think.

While I think this win is more than impressive and would love to capture one of these, the Summit is not a mid-major conference.  I know the rebuttal will be #buttrpi but it will be a one bid conference for the foreseeable future.  At least until they can start beating Big Sky teams non conference.

1 hour ago, UND92 said:

This weekends game will let us know where we stand.  3 games in 3 days.

Also one home game in the next 7 non conference games before conference play starts. Next home game Dec 16 vs NDSU. If they can get a bunch of wins on the road that will be a big confidence boost in the team especially with Jones' track record against non-conference road games.

• 2 weeks later...